Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Spinster posted:

I got a DUI because 1800 Cadillac Margaritas on the rocks are so good.

Haven't had one since, but still.

Margaritas or DUI's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

Margaritas or DUI's?

Both

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm. Cadillac Margaritas are just margaritas with top shelf tequila and Grand Marnier.

I didn’t actually know this had a name, thank you

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Outrail posted:

I like margaritas but I use bourbon or rye whisky instead of tequila, a few splashes of bitters instead of Cointreau and maple syrup instead of lime juice, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary instead of lime wedge. Also serve in a tumbler without salt. Really hits the spot.

Look I loved old fashioneds and I’m from Vermont so I love maple syrup too. But if you ever ordered something like that I hope whoever you were with slapped the non-prescription monocle and handlebar mustache right off your face

For reals though try a Toronto cause poo poo be good with some fernet.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How the goddamn hell are you people buying supplies for and making margaritas when mojitos exist

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Nothing wrong with balancing out weirdly sour limes with a bit of simple but imo you should take this opportunity to try to mess with your ratios a little, if you’re rocking a 2:1:1 normally and they’re coming out a little sour try a 3:2:1 but with the Cointreau as the 2 and the limes as 1 and see how that goes, I do 3:2:1 always with limes on 2 normally, but when I get sour limes I swap em around and it’s good stuff

With key lime juice I always end up 3:2:1 with a dash of simple syrup depending on mood. I did try one time with fresh limes and didn't need any sizzurp so maybe that's a thing but :shrug:

Also making people their first real margarita and watching them get destroyed since they're used to 40 proof sugar-loaded garbage will never not be fun.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

How the goddamn hell are you people buying supplies for and making margaritas when mojitos exist

Probably because we are not gay or chicks. Not any straight dudes wanting loving mint in their drinks.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm not reading four pages; has someone already brought up substituting mezcal?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Probably because we are not gay or chicks. Not any straight dudes wanting loving mint in their drinks.
You are so loving repressed lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

You are so loving repressed lol

Don't put loving mint in your cocktails. It's no good.

Also, if you're the type of person to order a Mojito at a bar, as a former bartender, you can go gently caress yourself.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Chomp8645 posted:

Everything that humankind has ever laid eyes on has been evaluated for alcohol suitability.

I salute all those ancient dudes who drank all kinds of ungodly fermented plants in order to narrow it down to the ones that are tasty.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I salute all those ancient dudes who drank all kinds of ungodly fermented plants in order to narrow it down to the ones that are tasty.

Some of those dudes probably got incredibly sick, might even have died trying to find out how to get intoxicated.

This applied to things other than alcohol as well of course, probably was some trial and error involved with shooting heroin or snorting coke too.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Don't put loving mint in your cocktails. It's no good.

Also, if you're the type of person to order a Mojito at a bar, as a former bartender, you can go gently caress yourself.

What if I'm a good tipper?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Step 1: buy minimum Casamigos or better tequila (lmao Patron)
Step 2: drink it straight or on the rocks

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

What if I'm a good tipper?

You ordered a Mojito. You're not a good tipper.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You ordered a Mojito. You're not a good tipper.

Look, you can deride the noble mojito all you want, but you better come up with some sort of explanation if you're gonna smear my tipping like this

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Quite A Tool posted:

Look I loved old fashioneds and I’m from Vermont so I love maple syrup too. But if you ever ordered something like that I hope whoever you were with slapped the non-prescription monocle and handlebar mustache right off your face

For reals though try a Toronto cause poo poo be good with some fernet.

An old fashioned with maple syrup instead of sugar isn't such an insultingly brain curling cocktail variation that would justify the loss of my eye-piece nor upsetting the wax arranged tips of my mustache, sir.

But seriously, if I was at a decent cocktail bar that took requests and my friends are in there for old fashioneds I really don't think they'd mind trying one.

If you love old fashioneds and you're from Vermont you should have ingredients in your home so why don't you try one before you complain about how I take drink my bottom shelf spirits.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A whiskey sour with maple syrup is pretty bomb, so I could see making a drink like an old fashioned with maple syrup.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Some of those dudes probably got incredibly sick, might even have died trying to find out how to get intoxicated.

This applied to things other than alcohol as well of course, probably was some trial and error involved with shooting heroin or snorting coke too.

Funnily enough heroin was developed medically and is still prescribed in a bunch of countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seal team 10
Mar 2, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread