Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Here’s a tip: use grand mariner in place of Cointreau if you are not using a blanco tequila for some god awful reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Did you know; the type of sour that uses a sweet liqueur in place of simple syrup is called a ‘daisy’ which is the English word for margarita because the marg is the big granddaddy of this style of cocktail. Margs rule and even though it’s autumn here I am gonna make some the second I see some decent tequila on special good thread dude

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not sure why you'd make a margarita with a Reposado or Anejo anyway. Those are straight drinking tequilas.

In Australia good tequila is super expensive and the cheap nasty mixto blanco tequilas are objectively worse than the cheap reposados so it happens although I don’t approve of it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

MOOBS! posted:

are blended margaritas ok if im just out with the gals and need to dance??

Nothing wrong with a blended marg just don’t act like you’re not trash and it’s cool

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Outrail posted:

I like margaritas but I use bourbon or rye whisky instead of tequila, a few splashes of bitters instead of Cointreau and maple syrup instead of lime juice, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary instead of lime wedge. Also serve in a tumbler without salt. Really hits the spot.

:allbuttons:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Although to be fair to that obvious troll a marg in a rocks glass over ice without salt is the ideal marg

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s a thing that makes drinks taste even less like candy so I wouldn’t recommend it for your palate

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Hahahaha jesus can you imagine trying to be a drink snob or whatever but that drink is a loving margarita. Who gives a poo poo how you make it or what type of tequila you use, it’s still a margarita.

Liquor goes in a glass. Add ice if you want. Then you drink (fast or slow) that liquor. The glass and the ice are optional. Bing bong now you’re drinking.

Reported for beating my mum and then denying it when the cops turn up 3 hours later

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

A cool drink if you like margaritas but also like American whisky is a ward 8, it’s a whisky sour with an ounce of orange juice (egg usually omitted in the recipes I see but it still works with egg white)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my dog died im sad posted:

I don't drink tequila often OP. Is there a particular brand you would recommend for the Perfect Margarita?

I’m not a tequila guy but imo brand is not super important as long as it’s actual tequila and not garbage mixto

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think you can’t actually sell anything except 100% blue agave as tequila in the US but I do not actually know if that’s true the rep for the company that distributes herradura here told me that and booze reps love 2 lie

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Because Australia has no real appellation laws like the US you can find poo poo labelled as tequila that is 51% tequila and 49% grain alcohol and even that comes in around 30 a bottle

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If it says 100% Agave on the bottle, you're good to go.

Jose Cuervo's "Especial" gold poo poo is like 51% agave tequila and 49% garbage, basically the minimum amount required to call itself tequila.

I’m scared that everything I’ve learned about US booze labelling laws is a lie after reading this post

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’ve been internally scoffing at your posts but too polite to say anything because I’m glad you’re contributing but this looks like it rules and I want four of them

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

grill youre saelf posted:

es polon tequila is good and somewhat cheap. and it has a skull on the bottle

Counterpoint: I had their blanco and it was fuckin gross

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Anything else at the same price point here tbh

It’s probably dirt cheap where you are so it’s competitors are way nastier but here it’s north of 45 a bottle which puts it in the same ball park as herradura or don Julio and there’s no way in hell it deserves to share the stage with those

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t like fruity blended drinks personally but chilli rims are extremely my fuckin poo poo so I would put that inside me so fast it would turn to vapour

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Nooner posted:

i love getting drunk it kicks rear end im getting drunk right now im drinking vodka and diet gingerale it tastes gross but if you drink it fast you taste it less and then you get to party faster

Party harder not faster you dumbass

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hrm, why would I want something spicy to complement my citrus based drink when I can drink a bucket of my own cum on the side

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Senor Dog posted:

woah party foul u can't tell someone how to party man

This is the kind of cultural party Marxism that is ruining America

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Methanar posted:

Alcohol is an unemployed wife beater's drug.

To quote meatloaf: ‘2 outta 3 ain’t bad’

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t see any kind of cognitive gap between ‘alcohol is for weak losers’ and ‘I love to sleep in my own wine puke’ tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Nothing wrong with balancing out weirdly sour limes with a bit of simple but imo you should take this opportunity to try to mess with your ratios a little, if you’re rocking a 2:1:1 normally and they’re coming out a little sour try a 3:2:1 but with the Cointreau as the 2 and the limes as 1 and see how that goes, I do 3:2:1 always with limes on 2 normally, but when I get sour limes I swap em around and it’s good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm. Cadillac Margaritas are just margaritas with top shelf tequila and Grand Marnier.

I didn’t actually know this had a name, thank you

• Locked thread