Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not many drinks quite hit the spot on a spring / summer day like a good Margarita. And I'm not talking about the garbage drink thing you get when you order the margarita from your local watering hole.

Nothing quite beats the 2oz Tequila, 1oz Cointreau, 1oz Lime Juice margarita. Super basic, and basically perfect.

Also, if you're tequila says "gold" or "especial" on the label, pour that poo poo down the drain and get the gently caress out of this thread, this thread is not for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Here’s a tip: use grand mariner in place of Cointreau if you are not using a blanco tequila for some god awful reason

Not sure why you'd make a margarita with a Reposado or Anejo anyway. Those are straight drinking tequilas.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What I’m saying is that all alcohol is poo poo.

If all alcohol is poo poo... perhaps its you, that is poo poo?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sai-kun posted:

i'm drinking wine tonight sorry op please remake another time

Wine? Get the gently caress out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I mean I’ll drink alcohol, it just has to taste really good. So... it can’t taste like alcohol.

That's why there is margaritas, gently caress.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

my dog died im sad posted:

My ignorance of tequlia knows no bounds. What is actual tequila and how would I know it? How do?

If it says 100% Agave on the bottle, you're good to go.

Jose Cuervo's "Especial" gold poo poo is like 51% agave tequila and 49% garbage, basically the minimum amount required to call itself tequila.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think you can’t actually sell anything except 100% blue agave as tequila in the US but I do not actually know if that’s true the rep for the company that distributes herradura here told me that and booze reps love 2 lie

Yea, that's not the case sadly. There is a reason why Jose Especial says it's "made from blue agave" when all the other tequilas have "100% agave" on the bottle instead ;)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sai-kun posted:

you can't make me

I wish I could.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ok, so you've inspired me to make some good margaritas this summer. Can you ballpark the avg cost of 100% agave tequila?

In the US, they usually only run a few $ more than the garbage Jose Cuervo Especial. Even Jose Cuervo actually makes 100% agave tequila under the "traditional" name and is okay.

I actually got lucky today as a local Walmart had some Hornitos 100% on clearance today for $12 a bottle (750ml)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ok, so you've inspired me to make some good margaritas this summer. Can you ballpark the avg cost of 100% agave tequila?

Don't get to post this guys YouTube channel much, but here is a quality video from many years ago of him trashing Jose Cuervo Especial. (He mostly just makes cool cocktails with a couple other guys) This video he is in his attic, but now he has upgraded and has a bar in his basement, mostly just for making videos that nobody watches on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaSIV2RHMnY&t=1s

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Haverchuck posted:

its ok to like fine spirits and be into small batch mescal or whatever but if your making margaritas just use use pepe lopez or whatever. The diminishing returns on premium spirits are already crazy and now youre putting it in a drink with lime juice and sugar. "congratulations. You played yourself" - fat rap guy

Not once did I suggest to use the highest quality tequila. I simply said to avoid the absolute poo poo tequila.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How did tequila even get invented? Who first looked at a spikey cactus bush and said, “Let’s turn that into alcohol!”?

Well you know, they probably consumed it to survive, then someone accidentally fermented it and had a good time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spinster posted:

I got a DUI because 1800 Cadillac Margaritas on the rocks are so good.

Haven't had one since, but still.

Hmm. Cadillac Margaritas are just margaritas with top shelf tequila and Grand Marnier. If you got a DUI just drinking those, you hosed up big time. Not only did you get a DUI, but you probably could have switched to cheaper margaritas at some point. Hope that helps.

Also, I dunno if my limes suck, but the only way to get the margarita drinkable for me today, is with a bit of simple syrup as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

How the goddamn hell are you people buying supplies for and making margaritas when mojitos exist

Probably because we are not gay or chicks. Not any straight dudes wanting loving mint in their drinks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

You are so loving repressed lol

Don't put loving mint in your cocktails. It's no good.

Also, if you're the type of person to order a Mojito at a bar, as a former bartender, you can go gently caress yourself.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I salute all those ancient dudes who drank all kinds of ungodly fermented plants in order to narrow it down to the ones that are tasty.

Some of those dudes probably got incredibly sick, might even have died trying to find out how to get intoxicated.

This applied to things other than alcohol as well of course, probably was some trial and error involved with shooting heroin or snorting coke too.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

What if I'm a good tipper?

You ordered a Mojito. You're not a good tipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A whiskey sour with maple syrup is pretty bomb, so I could see making a drink like an old fashioned with maple syrup.

• Locked thread