Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins a fight
Honorable samurai
Boisterous knight
Goku is not fighting
View Results

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The knight probably has a horse and can just go and raze the poo poo out of the samurai's village while the samurai is miles behind so the knight imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sponge Baathist posted:

who would win? An octopus with 8 knives or 8 snakes tied together each with a knife in their mouth?
you didn't specify water or land dummy

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smythe posted:

*snickering* hehe, obvious trick question, Mr Coyote.. a clever ruse indeed. [sternly now, wagging a finger] but the answer is clear to anyone with half a brain - it's the Pirate. Musketoon much? Blunderbuss sweetie? Next please. *shoos you away*
I don't think these guys have even SEEN pirates of the caribbean

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I can barely even image the amount of destruction a single captain jack sparrow could unleash upon a couple of unwitting simple minded samurais and knights...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smythe posted:

pure devastation. he'd be counting his bounty of doubloons before the fools could raise their blade.
artist's allegorical impression of the battle: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/vLUmzFS.jpg:nws:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smythe posted:

in the youtube i linked above he talks about how armor wasnt actually clunky, how it was light, flexible, and nimble. how knights could do cartwheels, run jump, etc. he talks about how most armor we see on display and on mannequins looks big and clunky, but thats kuz it doesn't really fit. real knights had their armor custom made for them to the measure.

he has this friend who is a armor scholar who had a set or armor made that perfectly recreates it from the era, AND custom tailored to him like how a real dudes armor would be, and it looks loving tight. look at this loving guy, it looks so drat cool:

they totally stole this idea from Dark Souls

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Whoever got his pointy bits into the other guys fleshy parts first I reckon
powerful mongolian warrior will fell them both with arrows

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

EvilMerlin posted:

There is SOME bamboo, it would be used as the frogs for the ties (loops of ito and the frogs buckle it all together). Lower end armours used bamboo, higher end ones, bone.
Now their armor has frogs in it? you're speaking nonsense woman!!! :mad:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Also, like, are we assuming they just happen to be walking about the streets of Ankara in full war-gear or what
Osaka, actually, and there are cherry blossom petals falling all around, dramatic violin accompaniment, and super fast drift racecars in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I've no idea how well forged the replica armour I saw was, potentially very bad and thin? But at a festival some dude with a longbow from 20 feet was blasting arrows through a chestplate.

That's my anecdote.
regardless I think it's silly to assume that all medieval armor would have been of the highest quality available, it's not like they had a medieval automated factory pumping the drat things out

• Locked thread