Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Morata is so dreamy, he needs to link up with Giroud more so they form the handsomest front line in history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Who would Chelsea go get if they got rid of him? Giroud can't be the main option and Batshuayi is going to be coming off a bad injury/not sure if they see him as "the guy".

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Did Morata really dye his hair red

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

gtkor posted:

Who would Chelsea go get if they got rid of him? Giroud can't be the main option and Batshuayi is going to be coming off a bad injury/not sure if they see him as "the guy".

Dzeko

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Random Higuain rumors as well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

gtkor posted:

Well there's this portuguese mentalist who has a hard-on for aging Chelsea players who'd probably love to trade Martial for one of their surplus oldies.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lewandowski is the big rumour lmfao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Giroud has been quite good for Chelsea. Not a long term option but don’t see why he can’t remain first choice.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Der Shovel posted:

Well there's this portuguese mentalist who has a hard-on for aging Chelsea players who'd probably love to trade Martial for one of their surplus oldies.

Sounds like a job for Willian

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Giroud has been quite good for Chelsea. Not a long term option but don’t see why he can’t remain first choice.

He’s always been quite good OP

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bogan Krkic posted:

I can't wait for him to get mad at Dave Sullivan hoisting a million poo poo strikers on him and not having a midfield or defense, imo

It's a wonder they haven't hired Mark Hughes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/vissel_kobe/status/999557890108096513

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn’t he a bit too good for j-league

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
not for $30m a year he's not

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DiMarzio reporting United have agreed on a £44M price tag for Shaktar's Fred.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vegetable posted:

Isn’t he a bit too good for j-league

he'd be too good for any of the poo poo leagues he'd have ended up in

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Genoa's director said they'll take Sturaro as part of the payment for a Perin transfer to Juve
:bisonyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Genoa's director said they'll take Sturaro as part of the payment for a Perin transfer to Juve
:bisonyes:

Fucks sake talk about a deal.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

DiMarzio reporting United have agreed on a £44M price tag for Shaktar's Fred.

They're also reporting that Jose wants to bring in Arnautovic to play on the left. Ignoring the fact that he only got good this season when he started playing in the middle.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

They're also reporting that Jose wants to bring in Arnautovic to play on the left. Ignoring the fact that he only got good this season when he started playing in the middle.

What United really need is another right footed player to cut inside from the left.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
They need a bunch of 29-30 year olds that have 2 years left on their deals when Jose leaves

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Seems legit

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

actually hes in Germany on a spiritual retreat, after a season where he was harassed and beat up by Sporting fans

New wolves kits lookin fresh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Joyce says it then it's happening.
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/999764486784503808?s=21

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i hardly know her

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There's a few rumours around that Liverpool are also in for Donarumma. Is he as good as everyone says, and why isn't he going to Real/Bayern/Barca?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
PSG are getting hit with their 2nd round of sanctions for breaking FFP rules.

If UEFA are actually going to do anything this round could be:

Transfer bans
CL ban
Point docking.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
neymar was truly worth it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

CyberPingu posted:

PSG are getting hit with their 2nd round of sanctions for breaking FFP rules.

If UEFA are actually going to do anything this round could be:

Transfer bans
CL ban
Point docking.

If they were to sell Neymar as is rumoured, would that off set it at all or is the FFP period over or whatever?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Would be good if they got banned from CL and refused to sell Neymar because of a transfer ban and he gets real mad

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mickolution posted:

If they were to sell Neymar as is rumoured, would that off set it at all or is the FFP period over or whatever?

Not sure, it would probably cover it but with Mbappe's fee about to hit them too that might gently caress things up even further.

Which is good. gently caress PSG

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
United should sign Mbappe so Mourinho can convert him into a long term replacement for Young

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

julian assflange posted:

United should sign Mbappe so Mourinho can convert him into a long term replacement for Young

Hes about 12 years too young for Mou.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CyberPingu posted:

Hes about 12 years too young for Mou.

That’s why he’ll send him on loan for a few years

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tarbrush posted:

There's a few rumours around that Liverpool are also in for Donarumma. Is he as good as everyone says, and why isn't he going to Real/Bayern/Barca?

He's good but he's still a child and prone to some real howlers. With the right coaching he could become truly great but he seems really affected by his confidence levels. When he makes one mistake they start to cascade.

On his day he's a world beater.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Not sure, it would probably cover it but with Mbappe's fee about to hit them too that might gently caress things up even further.

Which is good. gently caress PSG

I know FFP runs in 3(?) year cycles, so that was the reason for the Mbappe deal being a loan to start with.

Absolutely, gently caress them. However, I'd be surprised if they got anything more severe than a fine, which is pointless.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mickolution posted:

I know FFP runs in 3(?) year cycles, so that was the reason for the Mbappe deal being a loan to start with.

Absolutely, gently caress them. However, I'd be surprised if they got anything more severe than a fine, which is pointless.

I dont have a definite source on this, but apparently you cant get a fine if its the 2nd violation...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I dont have a definite source on this, but apparently you cant get a fine if its the 2nd violation...

Right. I'm sure the only thing they'd care about would be a CL ban and I don't see that happening. Points deduction probably still wouldn't stop them winning the French league and it seems clubs get plenty of notice before a transfer ban, so they can stockpile players in advance.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Right. I'm sure the only thing they'd care about would be a CL ban and I don't see that happening. Points deduction probably still wouldn't stop them winning the French league and it seems clubs get plenty of notice before a transfer ban, so they can stockpile players in advance.

I think it'd be a points deduction in the CL. I doubt UEFA can dock points from a domestic championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I think it'd be a points deduction in the CL. I doubt UEFA can dock points from a domestic championship.

I just did a ctrl+f for "points" on the regulations and nothing showed up, so I guess they'll just make it up as they go along and then cave to the big clubs as usual when they threaten to break away.

This probably isn't the thread for it, but the Guardian had an article the other day about how Andrea Agnelli wants to reshape the CL into 4 groups of 8.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/23/juventus-andrea-agnelli-reshape-european-football-infantino-champions-league

Don't see it happening, tbf.

• Locked thread