Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
My partner and I are looking at spending some time in Zion National Park and are wanting to experience as much as we can while avoiding the crowds. I know in recent years that the parks have become bloated with tourists, which kinda sucks, so I figure that by doing at least one multi-day hike we will get somewhere isolated.

So far we've got The Narrows and Angel's Landing on the list. Our plan was to catch a shuttle from Las Vegas up to Zion, spend however long in Zion and the head back to Vegas for a few days. If we had a car we'd be able to store our luggage in that while we went hiking, so does anyone know if there's the ability to rent a locker to store a suitcase for a couple of days at the park?

Any recommendations for what to see nature-wise in Vegas would also be appreciated. I missed out on seeing Hoover Dam last time, so that's on the list. Grand Canyon has already been done. Are the Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon parks any good?

What about the more civilised activities in Vegas? We were planning on doing a bunch of shopping, dining and day activities out post-nature before heading home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
The best guide to Zion is probably still this one. Assuming things haven't changed too much since I visited in 2011, a great way to avoid the crowds is to take a private shuttle ($$$) to the beginning of the West Rim Trail and hike back into the canyon. You will hardly see anybody until the last few miles and the scenery will be much more varied than if you had stayed in the canyon the whole time. You can even add a trip to Angels Landing on to the end of your hike if you've got the stamina.

Red Rock Canyon is really more of a driving tour but there are multiple places to get out and walk around. It's not terribly different from what you will see in southern Utah but it's a good place to spend a few hours if you don't want to go too far from Las Vegas.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
repent

• Locked thread