Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Whoa.

Sorry for finding this thread 2-3 months late, but I totally remember this game and its soundtrack. I think in elementary school one of my friends lent it to me for whatever reason. I played it a lot for a month or so, I think. But I kept the music files around because I loved them.

Anyway, I used to use a program called MODPlug to play these, and later a WinAmp plugin by the same people. I've been similarly frustrated by the inability of newer players to play the whole songs. Looks like the latest thing made by that team is OpenMPT.

This is not only a player, but a tracker/editor. So it looks to me like if you open the files in here and go to the "Patterns" tab and follow the song as it plays, you can find the parts where it loops back to a previous Pattern, look for the "Position Jumps" (denoted by a code of Bxx), double-click them and set them to "None". This edits the MOD file, so you'd want to make copies. But if you do this, I think you can get it to play straight through. and there's even a built-in lossless export option.

Hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread