Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

The young man came to the old master. "Your eminence, I come seeking your wisdom. I have been pondering a deep question and have come to what I believe is truth, and have bested in argument everyone who disagrees. Yet you are esteemed by all as the wisest, and I wish to know whether you agree with my conclusions."

The old man nodded and smiled without speaking, because he was very wise.

"Imagine a plane on a treadmill," began the young man.

The old man nodded again and closed his eyes. In fact he stopped listening and fell asleep. For he was very wise indeed.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

[Warning: NSFW - ed.]

The young man came to the old master.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________

google THIS

The young man came to the middle-aged master.

"Middle-aged man, I have spent ten years perfecting the skill of settling for less. I have bested every settler in the land but the old master. But there's no way I could ever beat him, so I have come to challenge you and claim the title of Second or Third Best Settler in the World."

The middle-aged man nodded and muttered something under his breath, because he was moderately wise.

"Ha!" said the young man. "I have done it! By settling for less on the very title I am working to achieve, I have bested the Old Master!"

"Not so fast!" said the Old Master, barging in. "By, in fact, seeking my title under the guise of settling for less, you have revealed your desire for it and thus aren't settling at all."

The young man dropped to his knees, defeated. Then, after a pause, he said, "But what about you, Old Master? You quickly materialized to defend your own title, therefore..."

The Old Man's eyes widened, and he dropped to his knees, defeated. "We have both been undone by the self-defeating nature of the very thing that we desire. Who, then, is the true master of settling for less?"

The middle-aged master smiled knowingly as he watched reruns and munched on some of the slightly stale chips that were on sale last time he went to the store.

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

The young man came to the middle-aged master.

"Middle-aged man, I have spent ten years perfecting the skill of settling for less. I have bested every settler in the land but the old master. But there's no way I could ever beat him, so I have come to challenge you and claim the title of Second or Third Best Settler in the World."

The middle-aged man nodded and muttered something under his breath, because he was moderately wise.

"Ha!" said the young man. "I have done it! By settling for less on the very title I am working to achieve, I have bested the Old Master!"

"Not so fast!" said the Old Master, barging in. "By, in fact, seeking my title under the guise of settling for less, you have revealed your desire for it and thus aren't settling at all."

The young man dropped to his knees, defeated. Then, after a pause, he said, "But what about you, Old Master? You quickly materialized to defend your own title, therefore..."

The Old Man's eyes widened, and he dropped to his knees, defeated. "We have both been undone by the self-defeating nature of the very thing that we desire. Who, then, is the true master of settling for less?"

The middle-aged master smiled knowingly as he watched reruns and munched on some of the slightly stale chips that were on sale last time he went to the store.

alnilam

"Old man, I have spent ten years perfecting the skill of clowning. I have bested every clown in the land but you. Now I have come to challenge you and claim the title of Master Clown of the World."

So the young man pulled out a bottle of seltzer water and attempted to squirt the old man, but squirted himself instead. He then attempted to throw a pie at the old man, but lobbed it upwards with masterful feigned accidency, and struck his own head with the pie.

The old master just smiled placidly. Casting off his robe, the old man began crying. He sobbed heavily. The young man felt bad, even a little guilty. "Old man," he said, "perhaps you should take a break, go see the next best clown in the land, Pagliacci. He's in town tonight. He's pretty good. He'll pick you right up, then we can resume this contest later."

Turning to the young man, the old man finally spoke.

"You see, child, I am Pagliacci."

The young man dropped to his knees, defeated. From that day forward he was known as the most humble man in all the land.

kalel

alnilam posted:

"Old man, I have spent ten years perfecting the skill of clowning. I have bested every clown in the land but you. Now I have come to challenge you and claim the title of Master Clown of the World."

So the young man pulled out a bottle of seltzer water and attempted to squirt the old man, but squirted himself instead. He then attempted to throw a pie at the old man, but lobbed it upwards with masterful feigned accidency, and struck his own head with the pie.

The old master just smiled placidly. Casting off his robe, the old man began crying. He sobbed heavily. The young man felt bad, even a little guilty. "Old man," he said, "perhaps you should take a break, go see the next best clown in the land, Pagliacci. He's in town tonight. He's pretty good. He'll pick you right up, then we can resume this contest later."

Turning to the young man, the old man finally spoke.

"You see, child, I am Pagliacci."

The young man dropped to his knees, defeated. From that day forward he was known as the most humble man in all the land.

Lol

Manifisto

the young man came to the old master. "sup," he said. "sup," said the old master.

the young man looked at his watch, then looked around the exquisite temple in which the old master lived. "nice place," said the young man. "eh, it's alright," said the old master. the young man nodded and looked around again.

things proceeded like this for a while. eventually the young man said, "welp, guess it's about that time." the old master grunted and said "smell ya later." the young man chuckled politely and left.

the world was riveted by the young man's story about how he had been bested by the old man's incomparable prowess, which the old man appeared to confirm by smiling whenever he was asked about it. from that day forward the young man was known as the most humble man in all the land, and he soon got a pretty sweet temple out of it. many years later the process repeated more or less identically with the next young man.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Young man go old man, say I best at writes! But old man not say back cuz he smartie.

Young man shoots arrow, I mean writes story time. It is hit! But old man say stuff and young man sad the ends. Enlightningmint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Young man go old man, say I best at writes! But old man not say back cuz he smartie.

Young man shoots arrow, I mean writes story time. It is hit! But old man say stuff and young man sad the ends. Enlightningmint!

:five:

• Locked thread