Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm working backwards from going hard on AoW4 and picked this up because I like 4X and I like sci-fi. Bit of a learning curve in comparison, but the core is similar. One thing I can't figure out: Can you manually recruit heroes during a game, or do you just have to rely on one showing up on your doorstep at seemingly random times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm working backwards from going hard on AoW4 and picked this up because I like 4X and I like sci-fi. Bit of a learning curve in comparison, but the core is similar. One thing I can't figure out: Can you manually recruit heroes during a game, or do you just have to rely on one showing up on your doorstep at seemingly random times?

The times aren't random, they show up after a certain number of turns, but yeah, you gotta wait for them.