Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone have some early game tips for getting your military production up? In my first game with Amazons I tried to play aggressively and managed to annihilate the Dvar AI next to my settlements by turn 50 or so, but the resource return really wasn't worth it and my army was depleted + overmatched by everybody else for the rest of the campaign. Now I'm on my second scenario and playing very turtly, which seems to be a whole lot safer, but I wanna kill kill kill!

I don't think it's possible to rush production really. You need a lot of both production and energy for units, but to get useful amounts of both you need population, so your right back at booming your economy. You could skimp on research but that really seems like backfiring.

I suppose you could just build a bunch of units instead of getting your sector exploitations up. It takes time for those to pay off. That would give you a hefty surge of units when presumably others dont have them.

I think the most meaningful military rush is probably actually rushing hard into Influence - get The Diplomat, run quests like crazy, and use every ounce you gain on units rather than forcing out independents or forward bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Yeah. They dont have much HP but they can still use their secondary weapon.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

hey, sometimes they leave behind eggs in the brain as an equivalent exchange

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

taking a mount gives you Piloting, Vitality I and Vitality II which is 11 skillpoints worth of skills.

Dvar/Synthesis start, you start in a Bulwark, get a Guardian and Targeting Daemon on there ASAP and you have a Agile Overwatch unit that does 14 damage/shot. Can easily straight up murder a Tier1 or even some Tier2 units in a single overwatch, after moving 2 action points.

Klepto is probably OP, since its a non-scaling debuff... last time i used it my leader started with a jetpack lawl.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Units have baseline functionality but they are more of a canvas whose potential you can bring out with mods. Even the 2 most similar riflemen units, the syndicate indentured and vanguard troopers, start having notably different gameplay focuses when mods and support units start playing into it. Vanguard basic mod is the nano-injectors which heavily favors defensive cover-based gameplay, having great sustain and a resist buff. Syndicate basic mod favors aggressive flanking tactics by rewarding them with extra damage, which also is the case for the cerebro-collars (run up to flanking position, get cerebro'd, unload. X-Com Run and Gun.)

e: off the top of my head, there's vanguard troopers, syndicate indentured, and paragon soldiers. To be fair, those are the 3 factions on Leave-6... I think? The campaigns are jumbled in my head.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 9, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

yeah if you forego covering the bases its not that hard to get to t3 units, or t3-unit equivalent mods/operations.

Not all are created equal though. Struggling to make the Dvar Baron useful. Slow and short ranged is a bad combo. Think he might purely be an anti-melee or even anti-Assembly counter unit. Didn't really get the chance to play around with builds though.. maybe you just get him to like 10 armor and slap a regen item on him then walk forward for victory.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

orangelex44 posted:

+1 to everything Voyager posted so I didn't have to.

My only additional feedback is that monitoring stations are probably too good, if only because it forces players to spend Cosmite for detection. For one-time 40 gold, that's really powerful. They probably should have an upkeep?

Detector is something you'll probably end up having in most stacks anyway though. The detector mods are pretty good, generally.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i like the voice actor for synth who reads off "H4X0R" one letter at a time

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Cynic Jester posted:

@Gerblyn, quicksave hotkey please.

ctrl-s

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

LightWarden posted:

Personally, the heroic weapon category I have the most trouble with is the single-action short range weapons like shot-guns since they rarely feel all that worth it compared to either a repeating weapon or a full-round one like the sniper rifle.

AoW3 had a similar problem where stuff like the dwarf heavy crossbow wasn't that hot compared to some of the other archers. It worked on some things like militia since they were just dedicated flanking chaff and it could work on a hero since you could make it one of the half-dozen weapons you had in your belt pocket and could always run up and smack something (but even then you usually wanted to dump the crossbow in favor of a better ranged weapon). But on a PF hero having it take the primary weapon spot means you're committing to it, and it doesn't really feel like it's worth that much. If you're running up within 5 squares of the enemy and thus entering rifle range you're probably going to be built in such a way that you'd also make a terrific melee hero (and the single-action melee weapons don't feel as rough because you're eating AP by running up to many foes to begin with and it seems like you only get 1 melee overwatch attack no matter what so a higher-damage one is great).

I had a tier 3 'crystal shotgun' iirc in my last game. It did 2 bounces on hit, so a flanking hit would bounce and you could get 60+ damage on one action point, easy, even without mods or good skills.

You can also get overwatch on the single actions via hero skills. It's not as good as agile overwatch with a repeater but still pretty good for 1 action point

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 11, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

im pretty sure its supposed to work like that

many healer units have a trait that grants +healing to the whole stack

amazons hard counter syndicate hilariously hard

they get one mod for everything that's +5 arc resist and a animal/mounted mod thats +5 psi resist. So you can have Arborians or Lancers with +5 Arc and Psi resist for pretty cheap.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

cool gal combo: Promethean firebomb strike + Arborian Entangle. Even without the entangle boost from mods, you're doing an AOE bleed proc, burn proc, and immobilizing them in a burning hazard to boot. And the bomb strike is a cheap one, like 2 tactical mana.

I've definitely seen stacks just vanish when I decline a mission.

I'm not too impressed with void tech overall. It has got some cool gimmicks and their tech units are all special brands of bullshit. I am not sure why, I'm just never feeling the synergy. The gravity grenade.. this one is like, actively counterproductive? I couldn't picture a unit to put it on, and recently i fought a void tech dungeon where the NPC echo walkers all wasted their melee/quantum clone opportunities throwing mediocre grenades. The protecting yourself by randomly teleporting thing is weird too - its also a proc from dimensional instability, so is it supposed to be something you want on yourself or something you want on your enemy?

although this brings to mind something I haven't checked - can you quantum clone an enemy unit for maximum goatee antics?

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 11, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Dan Didio posted:

Dvar Commander, Military Tradition, Bulwark vehicle, Kleptomaniac.

If you get a half decent mod off the jump, you're a murder machine. Combat just becomes clay shooting.

go synthesis so you can get +accuracy +crit +dodge in your first tech

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

yeah foremen do kinda suck

until they concussion things then they are great

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh poo poo that's nefarious, 4 turrets is a bullshit amount of repeater fire, ahahaha. Thanks for the recommendation, that's real smart!

Note that summons inherit any *compatible* *passive* mods from the summoner. So a good combo for engineers is combat sensors and the range extender mod - both are useful for turrets and contribute to the engineers survivability. Interlocking armor is nice, but turrets only have like 20 hp so tanking hits is difficult.

(compatible mods also rules out Phasewalk, for example, since that cannot be used by a mechanical unit.)

Kinda wish engineers didnt even have the +accuracy ability since they waste a lot of time casting it in autobattle.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 12, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

The medium map is pretty big. With 4 you're going to probably have a lot of development time. On continents you may very well be alone on yours.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i end up having to check my sectors a bunch when deciding what economy researches to go for, and it is irritating.

i dont mind the legibility though... i'd settle for the research screen telling my how many (applicable) sectors in my colony domains are of that biome/terrain. Applicable because it mostly doesnt matter what terrain a colony center is on so they shouldn't count.

Although that is kinda weird, really. The whole development of colonies is a little weird. You try to put your colony center on the least valuable sectors and the terrain/economic buff icons literally dont matter for many turns into the game. In the early game when it matters most you are looking for freebie buffs like factory districts or reefs that arn't even *on* the economic overlay, and the stuff that is - like rivers - is misleading since they dont apply to exploitations.

P.S. gently caress psi fish holy poo poo declaring war on them was the *worst* idea.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

iirc

charred - minus thermal resist
immolated - super burned?
burned - damage proc

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

the firearms range booster thing also boosts your overwatch range; mod is good

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

its like aow3, but there's a heavy emphasis on using cover and unit abilities and unit customization.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Caidin posted:

I have difficulty understanding the A.I's decision making sometimes. So a syndicate guy declares war on me, and sends a 5 dudes to take an landmark sector on our border while my hands are busy elsewhere. Instead of of just attacking it, first he splits his 3 indentured out and has them run at it and lose to the basic garrison, then his swoop bike mounted hero and one of those Growth bees split off and fly around like their going to attack my colony by themselves only to turn around next turn and also splat against the landmark guards.

there seems to be a weird bug with the AI in this regard. a couple games ago they had 5 stacks in range, and they came out me with 2 and then 3 stacks seperately in the same turn. i have no idea why. shoulda kept that save.

Kanos posted:

Amazons use *lasers*, which don't naturally cause the burning prometheans like unmodded, and laser mods don't apply to any of the promethean units. There's synergy if you fish for it but it's kind of a secondary synergy built around having specific mods locked in on units. Similarly, Dvar have no natural fire damage except the defensive flamers on their tank until you start slapping explosive bullets on everything; explosive bullets rule, of course, but they're a midgame mod at earliest and quite expensive to kit your army out with.

Vanguard has the same level of secondary synergy as Amazons and Dvar, i.e. they can unlock promethean synergy with mid-tier mod tech options, but it's not immediately natural.

For Amazons, the synergy is in the thermal resist debuffs. Channel resist seem to have an outsize impact on damage dealt... so incineration strike for example can be enormously helpful even if a battle has no promethean units.

Another more subtle synergy is that Amazons have access to a lot of CC between Entangle and the biochem immobilize. So you can create burning hellfields on the map and then trap enemies inside them.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i haven't really found the slow units to be a problem strategically. mostly, by the time you have them, you have the own-domain movement discount as well as roads everywhere. And in enemy territory flyer stacks heavily outclass everything else for speed.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

it depends on the flier. some have pretty good baseline dodge, like the Ramjet or the Amazon scout, (or arguably the Gunship) and so dodgestacking on them is really good. Others dont and I usually go heavily offensive on them instead. Mirage gets psychic stuff to encourage its psychic bullshit.

Also is it just me or is the new patch deleting manual saves along with autosaves

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

used to have like 8 or more saves before my current game the only ones it kept were the starmap and that quicksave (which i think was a manual save over a quicksave slot).

i dont have the game installed anywhere else so it shouldnt be cloud fuckery

i'm not 100% sure though, i have some weird issues with the game that im not sure of the source of so wanted to make sure someone else was getting this before filing a bug report

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 15, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Gerblyn posted:

So, you think you had a bunch of non-auto saves from before today, and now you don't? OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll see tomorrow if anyone else has reported this kind of thing.

Okay. They are back now. I think what happened is the game lost access to the cloud for no apparent reason and it came back when i restarted. And all the manual saves are on the cloud.

:sigh:

sorry

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

My wild, unfounded guess is that you are probably expanding both your colonies and your military too slowly. It's easy to skate in this game with one prime stack early on, going around wrecking fools with heavily modded and leveled units. But it doesnt cut it in wars, and it takes too long to build up more stacks when the AI is coming at you with the 5+ they already had. You need to develop as many stacks as you can support while expanding your economic might as well. That requires getting a lot of resources for relatively low effort. You need landmarks, bonus structures (like Abandoned Power Plant), and bonus terrains (like Reef or Factory District). Early economy structures are expensive without sufficient payoff - for example, a level 1 exploitation is 150 production for.. +5 output. 30 turn ROI. Exploitations never really payoff until level 3 and thats a significant production and research investment to acquire.

Consider going to war against an NPC faction if you have to to get a lot of structures without paying influence. If AIs are violating your claims, consider going to war preemptively. Or trade them back their casus bellis for vast amounts of energy or cosmite to further your economy and military.

(Definitely have changing how exploitations work on my modding list.)

Each factions doctrines make a big difference in their early economy as well. Carefully evaluate the doctrines you have available to see what is actually going to benefit you the most, and try to leverage your doctrines to their greatest effect. In my most recent game i'm playing syndicate promethean. Noble diplomats gets me a lot of energy and influence if i can make friends with the NPCs, while cheaper indentured units lets me churn out T2 Indentured Purifiers for 40 or less energy.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 17, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

There is one fixable issue with hero vehicles - speed. I got the Dvar hero with the Sapper and realized it reduces him to 24 move. This is pointless if you are willing to micro, because you can give him a weapon at the end of every turn and go back up to 32 move at turn-start. Then switch back to the Sapper just before you go into combat.

A lot of the rare vehicles you can get as loot just arnt that interesting. I got the Imperial Laser Buggy for example. It has a cool-looking attack but thats literally pretty much it. One repeater laser attack with Char and one full action laser attack whose only point seems to be that it has 9 range like a sniper. Like its not bad per se - its a Laser Tank but worse and no smoke - but it is at best equivalent to other t2 vehicles. I guess thats hand in hand with what people are saying, they just arnt as cool as t3 weapons. And any Hero with Piloting you will already have a mount for. You might as well have gotten 75 energy so you could afford to replace the mount once. Rare mount drops should have rare procs or defense modes or something. Or just hilarious upgrades like an increase to AOE on the Hellcopters fire barrel.

Random thought: You should be able to buy NPC-factional mounts as permanent hero unlocks from some factions. Namely Imperial and Spacer vehicles.

toasterwarrior posted:

Here's some key things to remember about sector exploitations:

1. From level 1 to level 2, you get an additional 10 of the corresponding resource, flat rate. This is good, particularly if you have 2 of the same exploitation type because you only need to build the one upgrade. To get that upgrade, you can either upgrade the exploitation type itself, or the exploitation's terrain type.

2. From level 3 to 5, you'll only get real returns if you're having your resource job slots filled out en masse, because the sector levels will no longer add a flat amount of resource. Instead, they boost the production of said resource by increasing how much one worker creates, which means you need to start prioritizing resources while in auto mode or manually assigning pops in the colony management screen.

This is probably the only part of the game I don't like, and it's more or less down to manually assigning pops being really tedious, the player not getting notified when a new pop is created, and the algorithm, despite saying that it'll try to maintain happiness levels, not actually doing that and dipping into the negatives despite happiness job slots being open.

That's not true though. Level 3-5s power is in the sector upgrade structures since that is when their actually good effects start kicking in. For example, a civil engineering guild hitting level 3 can jump you up 20-30 production, easy, or a bioengineering farm gets food upkeep reduction per colonist.

also, imo, stick to auto assign for your own sanity :P

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 17, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

you could do down food, up energy, down production, null science, null happy

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Dvar have the Mountain Cracker op. The Earth Grinder can also crack sectors, although im not sure what that entails exactly.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

trypsin posted:

Vehicle mounts seem to set your hero base hp and armour / shields and movespeed to that of the corresponding unit? That's a survivability upgrade for T3-based mounts but not generally for T2-based ones.

Taking the Dvar as an example (and forgetting about secret tech options), they have one of the best starting vehicle mounts (Bulwark) and arguably more limited non-ST alternatives (the Spike Gun is necessarily kinda bad, or Trenchers would be silly good, but seems awful as a hero choice).

A Dvar hero with Dvar Assault Vehicle loadout (for which you paid 2 points) has base hp 60, then they have +20 with two levels of upgrade. Base armour is 3.

In the Bulwark (40 base hp, 2 armour) the hero is 60 HP total, 2 armour, has the 80% accuracy gatling gun, agile overwatch and concussive shot.

Out of the vehicle the hero has 80 hp and 3 armour, and whatever weapon you replace the Bulwark with (low level assault rifle drops seem very common). Plus with one levelup you can make use of Siegemaster (2 damage reduction on all channels in cover), which is one of the best Dvar hero skills.

This seems OK-ish for Dvar in particular, but that's mainly because you are really lacking very early damage with the mostly trencher based starting force. It will be 3 or 4 turns earliest to build another Bulwark, and even then having a substantially-tankier-than-base Bulwark as your hero is tactically very handy. But if you find even a stock assault rifle, you can have similar damage output on a MUCH tankier unit (+20 hp, +1 armour, can fully use cover and trenches). You lose agile overwatch and concussive shot. But by turn 7 or so, you can have multiple Bulwark units in your force, so that's less of an issue. Essentially you are paying 2 loadout points for an advantage in the first 5 or 6 turns (after which you're likely to ditch the vehicle for something else) and that doesn't seem that great. Even if you stick with the Bulwark mount and don't find any guns, it's outclassed by the rotary cannon one unlocks by the midgame at Barons.

For other races with much better starting damage who are looking for a tank option, the vehicle mount seems even less worth it.

You don't have similar damage output on a rifle because Agile Overwatch substantially improves your total damage output. Also, Bulwarks can use cover and therefore benefit from siegemaster.

The rotary cannon point is just nonsensical. Heros can use Baron suits. The problem there is Advanced Piloting.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Pretty sure the Dvar flame walker costs more to make up for its damage boost. Not sure about other promethean units.

I prefer the single shot prometheans because they are more mobile. And if I'm standing still i have the option of using the AOE. It does make the thermal targeter more of a toss up tho.

jabokiebean posted:

Can you trespass with invisible units without generating CB?

according to the text of the trespass warning, yes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

do i just put this sort of thing as a bug report on Paradox forum or?

AI
Agile Overwatch
-when a vanguard Engineer summons a turret, it tends to shoot instead of going on Overwatch. (AI should understand that going on Agile Overwatch is better than attacking with 1 action point. There are cases where this isnt true, but i think its more interesting for players gaining advantage from staggering agile overwatch than just being shot once.)
Quantum Pulse
Echo Walkers REALLY need to prioritize quantum cloning over hitting enemies. I've noticed numerous unnecessary casualties in autobattles as a result of them preferring to hit twice over cloning.
Tactical Supply Charge
Observed use of it to reset the cool downs of a Pug's smoke obscuration. Considering that it costs an action and is per-battle it should never be used to resupply an ability that has a normal cooldown, unless that ability is exceptional in some manner.
Resupply in general
Should NOT be used to resupply resupply abilities. This is pointless.

Gear
Arc Retaliation Defense

Will proc on the use of Cerebral Control Collars by an Overseer. Amusing, but perhaps unintended. CCC will also get a damage boost from Weapons Factory.
Dispersing Gas Bomb
Classified as Laser for some reason. Not actually a problem, just weird. I guess it has to be something.
Wide-Range Mending Rig
Tier 1 for +10 hp and +20 hp free action heal? It's clearly better than, say, the Tactical Aid Rig which kind of sucks. Rate @ Tier2.
Electrical Blaster
No apparent animation when shooting up at a flying target nearby while used by a Vanguard hero equipped with Dindin melee weapon.
Hero Arc Projector
The projectile effects emitted from the heros hand and not the end of the gun

Other
Valkyrie Flashbang doesnt explode
Geothermal Instability and some other sector/battlefield effects causes a camera zoom in on the ground, as if it were a unit effect. This is confusing, and also makes it harder to notice the damage/procs from the effect
If you kill an enemy commander with an attack that knocks-back their body, such as in this case a critical hit from a Trenchers Spike Gun, their body wont vanish as part of the 'emergency teleport' activation.
When a Hopperhound uses Leap to attack an aerial target, triggering 2 Overwatches, the hopperhound models run back to where the hopperhound start leaping in order to get shot and die rather than staying where they landed.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

its also difficult to unify terrains in a city as compared to biomes. Terrains stagger about kinda randomly.

honestly, there's a lot wrong with the early gameplay flow in cities. For one thing, the economy map is essentially misleading you. 'independent' income sources are split between structures, labeled seperately, rivers/lava, included as 'exploitation icons' for some reason, and special tile type income, totally unlisted unless you closely examine the sector. Climate upgrades are so late in the game they may as well not exist in every single game ive played thus far. So a tile that shows as 2 energy may have no energy applicability at all since that 2 energy is a lava river and a climate that gives energy. The only things that i actually care about as far as exploitation layout goes is the terrain type. And in terms of picking sectors early on pretty much all i care about is bonus income.

Water is arguably the best early sector because of its easily obtained +15 income, but it suffers from difficulty of defense and difficulty of clearing bonus structures. Keep an eye out for sunken districts and reef districts though they are totes worth it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

last time i did a void tech dungeon, i killed a Wrecker. One of those scary giant Assembly walker guys. It self resurrected, its a thing they do, and then the dungeon effect triggered and it duplicated itself. ;_;

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

It's the quartzite units, particularly the thermal variant. Scavengers cant assimilate off mineral enemies. And the advanced ones are physical resistant to boot.

making it worse is the quartzite bashers since they are stagger resistant and very strong in melee

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Their heal is an issue. It's bio only, so its for trenchers. But its range one...they often cannot reach a trencher, or if they can, they have to horribly expose themselves doing it. After all the trencher just took a big hit even though it has a trench. Foreman has to go to the same spot with...no trench. And then get shot to death.

They are good at holding the line against melee units but the Trencher is already very capable against melee units with their shield bash and single action shots.

The Mechanical revive mod is powerful, but expensive. And you can put it on Barons. So why not just put it on Barons?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Tahirovic posted:

As mentioned it's a melee range heal and only once per battle. Dvar just have better options for that slot, especially if you went Celestial and equip your trenchers with the healing mod.

Support units in general seem kinda meh to me.

Biomancer is awesome. The debuff drastically improves your damage output and CC chances, the heal is long range AND cleanses, and Sleep is not only a good CC but also gives bonuses to mind controlling animals with the relevant tacop.

Pug is also awesome because you can pick a designated idiot to run forward for glory

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

afaik, two things piss them off:

* failing (not declining) a mission
* doing a mission for another faction

If you are doing missions for multiple factions be prepared to eat a lot of demands.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

migrate turns the colony into a colony of your race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i usually pick scholar because those pickup bonuses are insane. Huge improvements to your faction development if you can keep knocking over bonus structures. And you can get you into action with secret tech bullshit pretty fast.