Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its ftw knowing some level designer spent days trying to make the most visually interesting map possible and you have never seen any of it because the first thing you put in your autoexec is r_picmip 10 then happily fly around brown and grey rooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

yeah it looks fine but anything is going to look 'busy' compared to completely flat brown+grey walls with bright green characters

:rolleyes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Levels look better and more timeless with r_picmip 8. It's simple math.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im remembering when you blew my mind by posting the epic stained glass window on ztn that i never knew existed even though i have probably over 1000 hours of my life on that map alone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't know about picmip as a kid and I probably sent thousands of rails and rockets into the breathing torso dudes that are on some of the hell maps

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I didn't know about picmip as a kid and I probably sent thousands of rails and rockets into the breathing torso dudes that are on some of the hell maps

I've seen you play FPS games bro. You couldn't hit the broad side of a hell barn. gently caress off and stop lying.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
My quake 3 and rtcw configs would be illegal now

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I've seen you play FPS games bro. You couldn't hit the broad side of a hell barn. gently caress off and stop lying.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4000 people used to be watching Quake Champions on DreamHack...

Now it's a ghost town...

Edit: 6000 now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

4000 people used to be watching Quake Champions on DreamHack...

Now it's a ghost town...

Edit: 6000 now

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Their saying the Public Test Server's changes is that everyone has the same HP but different armor... Might be epic, if it means there's a reason to play Anarki.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's badass that on ZTN the old russian players don't bother picking the character that has a wallhack ability.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Their saying the Public Test Server's changes is that everyone has the same HP but different armor... Might be epic, if it means there's a reason to play Anarki.

good i hate hitting an lg for 10 seconds straight and not killing a newly spawned guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually it seems like it certainly means Anarki might be kind of good since he can increase his max HP over a match. Still probably not great for duel since the round's only 5 minutes but maybe for other modes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

good i hate hitting an lg for 10 seconds straight and not killing a newly spawned guy.

Preach bro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:staredog: WTF. Did they also make the max HP overheal to 200 again. Well now they just need to make a duel mode that isn't whack smash bros lifes poo poo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well actually it looks like its +50 over the spawn 125 overheal... but that's better than the just 50 HP it was IMO.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
getting the jump on clutch with a rocket then he turtles up on mega for 7 secs while i can do nothing. mmm that’s the classic quake gameplay i love.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

getting the jump on clutch with a rocket then he turtles up on mega for 7 secs while i can do nothing. mmm that’s the classic quake gameplay i love.

Now he has to pick up armor to be a badass. :bubblewoop: On the PTS anyway.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

changes sound good, now lets see some ult nerfs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Might be a setting Cooler changed but it looked like maybe they took the timers off the items in duel. I think having the timers is wack... Means you can see from a mile away if you lost track of the times and all the risk management goes in the toilet.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would reinstall this if those changes are real. Hopefully the relative complete failure of anyone to give give a poo poo about this game in a grand sense means they'll do the smart thing and just tune it to the Quake junkies who wanted it to be Q3A2 in the first place.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I would reinstall this if those changes are real. Hopefully the relative complete failure of anyone to give give a poo poo about this game in a grand sense means they'll do the smart thing and just tune it to the Quake junkies who wanted it to be Q3A2 in the first place.

yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this games a good time but the balance issues are so obvious even to me, a newbie, and even everything outside the game like the menu UIs and connecting to matches is a complete mess

i remember playing with IT and he said something to the effect of "I just hate how much time you spend outside the actual game, sometimes you just wanna hop in a server and shoot people for an hour" theres like 6 minutes of loading and wait times and queues and bullshit between every 10 minute match, its ridiculous lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I doubt the downtime will ever change. I’m sure it’s atill in SFV, which is what I hate the most about that as well. Developers don’t want people to play the game.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i need someone to queue 2v2 with. i played 2 matches of it but matchmaker takes forever sicne everyone is paired off already, i assume

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I doubt the downtime will ever change. I’m sure it’s atill in SFV, which is what I hate the most about that as well. Developers don’t want people to play the game.

i love modern gaming

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

i need someone to queue 2v2 with. i played 2 matches of it but matchmaker takes forever sicne everyone is paired off already, i assume

Add wormskull.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Username: wormskull.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

:pray:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

@Synthy there's a Quake guy named "FugazyHeadshot".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna reinstall this tonight since i was drunk but. It's still not out of early access, which is loving crazy.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Played my first game and lost, ten minute to join non ranked team dm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found my Bethesda.net info to recover my free access so I'll be online this weekend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Username: Wormskull.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I "followed" you but idk what that does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate that this game does the overwatch thing where it assuages my stats to try and coddle me into buying cosmetics. I need to see what my K/D and accuracy are per weapon to figure out how to improve you jackasses!

• Locked thread