Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Summer ‘18 I’m about to smash these haters!!!!!!! So what’s wrong with fedoras. I think they look good on me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Just wear what you want. Since when does an alpha male care what people think?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

cucky pizzone

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't there a rule that stated you have to post a picture of yourself wearing a fedora if you ever defended the use of fedoras?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
you have to be suave and handsome to look good in a fedora but a lot of people who aren't either of those things think fedoras are magic hats that will make them suave and handsome BUT THEY WON'T

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Temaukel posted:

Wasn't there a rule that stated you have to post a picture of yourself wearing a fedora if you ever defended the use of fedoras?

Oh please let this be true

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That, my goon sir, is actually a trilby and not a fedora. Just a little, heh, tip *tips propeller hat* for you

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They do look good on you OP!

Match your fedora with a nice Tommy Bahama short sleeve button up, a pair of shorts and some Birkenstocks with white socks, then you'll really be looking good!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I wear it because I support women's rights and want to look as pretty as Princess Fédora Romazov.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fedoras are great if you're an actual mature adult. If you are, by all means! Maybe don't configure your entire identity around wearing one and don't put a pony pin on it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wear a trucker hat instead.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We’ve had a lot of fun “owning me” and pretending I wear socks with sandals but I actually look good in a fedora in the normal way

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The kind of people who wear fedoras generally don't wear them with a matching suit and generally don't observe proper hat etiquette.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I can play kirk hammets while solo from the intro of fade to black and the haters are dropping like flies

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Wear a trucker hat instead.

This is also good advice, but only if you rotate it 18 degrees clockwise.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How many jorts and graphic tees do you match to your hat?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
There's nothing wrong with fedoras. They're just a hat.

The problem lies with those that choose to wear them.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Like "you're actually supposed to wear them this way" guy

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
its got "fed" in the name

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
gently caress the feds that's why

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Fedoras are the fedoras of fedoras.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh. u mean this??:rolleyes:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a hole-y ghost posted:

oh. u mean this??:rolleyes:

I bet those things were delicious

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

why do the tastiest ones always have to die first

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Like how bright colors and intricate patterns warm other animals that this one's poisonous, the fedora warms other people that this one probably watches my Little pony and vapes.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the fedora/goatee/long hair combo attempts to recreate the 17th century english gentleman style from the neck up. imo they should go all the way with breeches doublet and lace collar or else not bother

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Big Beef City posted:

i bet you you're delicious. let's cook you up and eat you. see how u like it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was in Vegas all week and i saw a lot of old guys with weird hats and suits on. I used to be afraid of aging but now I can’t wait to be an old man who can wear whatever without having to attract the ire of the community

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

do you have like a link to a larger version of this picture i want that handsome mug as my background

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

The kind of people who wear fedoras generally don't wear them with a matching suit and generally don't observe proper hat etiquette.

Fedoras and suits have nothing to do with each-other. Only reason people think Fedoras "should" be worn with a suit is because this goober did it and people copy royalty:

But he's not the biggest reason the hat became famous, so it's also fine to wear fedoras with a nice dress or a trenchcoat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It's because you cannot pake while wearing one.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cannot pake posted:

We’ve had a lot of fun “owning me” and pretending I wear socks with sandals but I actually look good in a fedora in the normal way
Pics or send the OP to cat prison.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
They're outdated I guess. I sometimes where a baseball cap with a curved bill and I kind of feel like an old man because only straight bills are "in" right now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Bareback Werewolf posted:

They're outdated I guess. I sometimes where a baseball cap with a curved bill and I kind of feel like an old man because only straight bills are "in" right now.
Ur in luck because "dad hats" are cooler than fitted flat brims.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Straight bills with stickers have been "out" for like 10 years dude. It's all about trucker hats with triangular bills now.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

Straight bills with stickers have been "out" for like 10 years dude. It's all about trucker hats with triangular bills now.

The only triangular bill you know is the bill from your pyramid scheme... jk.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

cannot pake posted:

post a pic goonsir

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

cannot pake posted:

The only triangular bill you know is the bill from your pyramid scheme... jk.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
They look partic' good when paired with some oversized shorts and a baggy t-shirt with maybe a humorous image on the front imho.