Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Heist plan or execution, Kingvale

Robert thought and thought on a plan. It wasn't robbing the bank nor was it getting the cash. Getting away would be an issue and the response to said heist.

He would need to engineer a disaster. For the bank, Robert would need the phone lines and power cut to the building and perhaps the area. Either the bank had an alarm system that could call out over landlines needing no power but the communications cut, or it had current internet and would require power to function. Taking out both would resolve this. When he got to doing the task.

The humming of the powerlines he could feel almost in his head. A disaster would be another matter. He'd need to do it far away enough to pull police away from the area and close enough where he could make it to the bank. Under the streets pipes with gas along with other utilities ran. Some parts steel or copper, others probably lead. He could feel the metal bolts in the less electromagneticly sensitive materials. He'd hunch in an alleyway, unearth the main lines at a safe distance. Then ignite it with...he felt the nails in his pockets. A spark. Or throw a car into it. Yeah...

Then he'd head back to the bank, take down the power and communications lines and help himself to the money. Once he got out, he'd take the bags and pile them in a shopping cart, cover them with blankets and a tarp then push them away. His powers would make the weight trivial to push. Robert would look like another urban castoff.

The perfect plan. He chuckled to himself. Robert put on a worn set of jeans and hoodie then grabbed his backpack.

Time to get to work.

Using Electromagnatism [+2].
Wait for evening.
Step 1: Cause a diversion elsewhere.
Step 2: Take out power and communications to the bank.
Step 3: Get $
Step 4: Get I'll gotten booty into prestaged shopping cart, cover with blankets/tarp streetperson style and use powers to push cart. Looking normal.
Step 5: Profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Nystrian Badlands - Ambush Junction

And now they had come to that...river? The one the long dead guy had to cross with his army to eventually become emperor: A monumental, single decision that would change the course of the rest of her life (hopefully without the part of the story where you get murdered for it). Desdemona decides they're going to act. "Men, today we are taking vengeance on the Jimoza's personal monsters, this is the first step on the road that see's him hanging from a meat hook with his throat open. Listen carefully..."

She quickly divides the men into two teams. The ones with rifles get broken up into shooter/spotter groups and ordered to take position inside cover and concealment, within hunting rifle range but outside of carbine range. Those guns had one advantage over modern automatic firearms, two if you count the larger rounds being able to push through body armor better, and she intended to make us of it. Initially, the teams have two targets: on her signal, as the convoy passes by a nearby rock formation that makes maneuvering difficult, they are to fire on the driver of the first vehicle, and the driver of the last one. After that is fire at will, focusing on anyone yelling orders or anyone with a heavy/squad support weapon.

Anyone with an automatic or shotgun is with her. She checks the ancient gun one last time; despite their legendary reliability she had made sure to keep hers in perfect maintenance to the extent she could in the field, and the moving parts glistened with the first lubrication they had probably seen in years. Her assault team will hide nearby until the convoy is near. Once the long distance shooters start, she plans on hitting the Presidential Guard from the other side. This would probably be most of her men's first major firefight, and in addition to the training, she hoped her power would be able to see them through the worst of it. As an afterthought, she ties a mask around her face, bandito style, and has her men do the same. It wouldn't do much, and it wasn't like there were a lot of individuals like her in the world, but it would have to do. Oh well, nothing to it, time to earn her pay.

Using [Supercharisma+2] and [Right to Bare Arms+4] to set up an ambush as described above. Desdemona will use Supercharisma to hold her men steady during the combat.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Novatech Corporate Campus, Southaven 2/3 BP

Alan did register the fact that he had almost certainly murdered a man, but at this point he was in too deep to back out. He had crossed a line that he could not come back from. His old life was dead. Whatever he found in Novatech had to be good. Something that would make him unstoppable, and something he could sell. The black project was sure to be worth it, so he would go there. But he did not know how to get there...he needed a guide, and a hostage. Surely some fool would be working late, either because they actually enjoyed their work or because they were a poor chump working overtime. Alan checked the guard, wincing at the broken and cooling corpse, but taking the security pass and ID the man had had. Alan had been here once before for that interview, so he went checking in the cafeteria first. If someone was planning to stay late they'd probably be eating around now before getting back to work after all. From there he would just have to explore.

Alan's plan is to look for a researcher or member of staff with enough clearance and importance to take him to the black project, and also to act as a hostage or human shield. Fit [+2] to break open doors, IT Handyman [+2] to know or intuit the work habits of developers and researchers here and Clever [+2] to help him work his way through the building.

Also invoking one of my bonus points here.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Back on Campus, 0/3 BP

Well, not much to do here except getting to work. Mulling his options, Anton decided on Empire City as the more reasonable target.

OOC: Schemer [+4] to plot a diamond heist on the Empire City diamond district. Any weaknesses in there that drones would find it easy to overcome?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

@ Lavell, underneath Lyman Pharmaceuticals Komodo Developmental Facility, 2/3 BP

The cell, the entire containment platform, the operating table and the injection stations, all of the pivotal tools of the incubation labs, the animal pens and the heavy duty autoplotters. All gone, with not even a trace of the equipment's outlines on the floor. Lyman is frighteningly efficient when it needs to be. Even Komodo is fazed for a spell at seeing so much familiar things gone, alienating him entirely of what was once for months his passion and most hated environment all at once.

That means his luchre was little. Some simple PCR cyclers with heat blocs in the hardware department of things. He is lucky most of the refrigeration wasn't entirely cleared out, so there was plenty of RNA-se and base primer stock to go around. He isn't entirely sure why this was a good thing anymore, but he just knows it is. It might come back to him yet. It mightn't. The lack of a cooler or transport canister, however, makes things more difficult than any molecular scientist would want. PCR enzymes don't last that well outside of frozen or cooled environments, after all, denaturizing swiftly. And getting into trouble with the armed guards is among the last things Komodo wanted when he was getting his thievery on.

Of course, how well just a bunch of automated heating and cooling blocs with no actual targeted enzymatic replicase on hand would do him is anyone's guess.

Komodo hoards his precious baubles in the crook of his right arm and makes for his leave, confident in his theft. There'd just be two bodies and a bunch of low grade lab tools missing worth a couple of hundred dollars of equipment at most missing, but Lyman probably wouldn't be too fazed about such minimal losses. Easy in. Easy out. Navigating the swamp will be a hassle, but he can get back to his make-shift lab easily if he can keep his head on straight and doesn't distract himself with senseless destruction or further theft.

I'm surprised Komodo didn't actually get in trouble there, but you know what, I'll take that BP. Time to bounce and get out the way he came.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bank, Kingvale

You set your plan into motion, causing the blackout was one of the hardest things you’d ever had to do. You ended up creating a decent sized electromagnetic pulse, and it felt like someone jammed a spike into your skull when you did. Still, your training paid off and you were able to push through the pain. You make your way to the bank, caught in the blast radius of your pulse pretty much anything electronic inside was fried from alarms to cell phones. You make your way into the bank, its largely empty of customers and the staff are confused. You’ve created a veritably perfect setup for a robbery, there won’t be anything they can use to track you or call for assistance as its all fried. On top of that the cops are going to have to deal with the chaos your pulse has caused for what you’re best guess is at least a mile in all directions. Now all that remains is getting the money, and getting away.

You set your plan into action, your riflemen opening up on the convoy from range as the rest of your troops charge as planned. However, these vans are well armored enough that your opening salvo doesn’t really do much damage, and the drivers realizing they are under attack gun their engines as the guards start to fire into your positions.

If you don’t act quickly your raid will fall flat as your target gets away, this opportunity slipping between your fingers.

You bust your way into the cafeteria but find it mostly empty, it would seem that if there had been anyone there, the blaring alarm scared them off. If there was anyone with any real knowledge of the project left in the building the only place you could think of would be in the basement labs where the project was run, no doubt running to protect, or potentially destroy any sensitive equipment. The clock was ticking, if this project really was sensitive military tech, there was a very real chance they might just scuttle it if they realized it was your objective.

Ya, you rolled pretty poorly, but because of your BP I’m letting you know about the ticking clock.

Empire City, 0/3 BP

The trip to Empire City took a few hours, you set your drones to try and scout out the diamond district. Occupying a rather large building in downtown Empire City the security was more than respectable even in the portion open to the general public. You suppose it’s to be expected as tens of millions of dollars of products move even through those less secured areas. However, you couldn’t get much of a read on the vendor only areas or the truly high security storage areas where something like what you were looking for might be stored. You could only scope out where those place were, but not get really close. The place was a veritable fortress, loaded down with the sort of security potentially billions of dollars of hard assets would draw. Cameras, motion sensors, airtight vaults, sonic detectors, the best available on the civilian market and likely a few that weren’t. This would not be an easy smash and grab, managing a heist here would be the sort of stuff that’d make a normal thief a legend.

Think Bond movie or Ocean’s 11 like security.

Lyman Pharmaceuticals Komodo Developmental Facility, Lavell - 2/3 BP

You make your way out the same way you came in without further incident. Considering the corpses of the guards left behind there won’t be much room for doubt that something extraordinary had been in the lab, so a 2nd raid no doubt either be more fruitless, more difficult or both. Still, you managed to scrounge some equipment and supplies, though how much will be usable for you is an open question.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Bank, Kingvale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehYGMdWkJE

Perfect. The blast did it all at once. As Robert strode into the bank he took a turn for the nearest stairwell heading downward. The doors would unlock for him, the mechanisms would turn. He made his way downwards. Down to the vault. He would make the bolts and mechanisms turn as well. Then he's fill all of the bags and back up the stairs and out the firedoors on the ground level. He'd put the bags in his shopping cart, cover them up and wheel his prize away. Another streetman and not a thief. Robert had plans. Big plans. He'd need money and a place of his own too. The pain in his head was momentary but he could bear it. He just had to get the cash and get out of dodge.

Electromagnetism [+2]Opening vault by manipulating the bolts, gears, and workings then robbing this place. Then grocery cart tarp escape plan.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Well the subtle route was out. Alan would just have to bulldoze in and hope whatever he found was worth all of this. If not he could pocket some stuff on his way out he guessed, and try to deal with it later. But if he going to human wreckingball his way to the black project then he would have to be fast.

Time to change tact and bulldoze straight for the black project. Same traits as before, IT Handyman, Clever, Fit for a total of [+6] mundane. But also tagging in Technografting [+2] and a drawback, Shortsighted [-2] because he could still approach this more carefully and with a plan instead of going 200% Juggernaut

Also invoking my second bonus points here again.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 6, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"PITIER, PAULO, TIME TO AVENGE YOUR FATHER AND BROTHERS; MOVE TO THE ROAD, FIRE ON THE LEAD WINDSHIELD AND TIRES, GO!" Every ounce of her power is invoked into it. The brothers would most likely die in seconds, either through gunfire or underneath the wheels of the lead vehicle, but she needed space to maneuver. The vans were bullet resistant, but to a sufficient torrent of lead, not proof hopefully. As they close, she puts careful, short bursts at any one trying to fire back. An instinct hits her, lunacy, but it might just work. A nervous energy comes over the men as she bellows at the top of her lungs. "FOCUS FIRE, KILL THEM." Her voice is joined by others as they shriek in unison, a united field of voices, bolstering her own and freaking the other side, breaking their initiative. An old, old tactic, obsoleted by machine guns 150 years ago, but with her talent, it might work once again.

[Right to Bare Arms+4] to assault the column and [Supercharisma+2] to motivate the men and also to disrupt/intimidate the shooters, hopefully. This is a battlefield experiment as much as anything else.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 7, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Empire City, 0/3 BP

Sturdy defenses, certainly.

Of course, they were build to the standards of inferior minds. Cooperative and effective drone swarms were still a fantasy to mundane technology after all, as was magic and all the things it was capable of. All he really needed was a swarm capable of taking advantage of the building's structural weak points, as well as a getaway vehicle of some sort to whisk away the diamonds after the heist.

Simple.

Simple, but brilliant.

OOC: What I will need: a small swarm of flying drones, a number equipped with magical breaching charges (read: rune-inscribed capacitors overloaded with a whole bunch of Thaumic Energy to be released in a directed, explosive blast), others with grabbers and such, to fly through various weak points in the building and nab the diamonds. I will also need a high speed rocket of some sort that is hard to track to carry those diamonds out of Empire City to some meet-up location where I can meet up with it. Schemer [+4] and Magitech Prodigy [+2] to ponder on the construction of these forces. Self-destruct mechanisms on the drones also, to keep people from realizing their construction is impossible.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 8, 2018

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

@ Bayou North of Lavell, 2/3 BP

The bayou beckons outside of the sewers. Komodo moves with determination, hoisting his treasure overhead to prevent it from getting too caught up in water and muck alike. Though even now, that is likely not a certainty. Sure, he can move with two arms full of kit just fine. But the primers and RNA-ase is where the clinch lies.

He scares off another gator on his way towards the meth shack he has liberated, swiftly moving towards his hideout as well as he can.

The shack looks as deserted as he had left it. For the most part, though, he sets out to arrange his treasure swiftly and intelligently. Well, as intelligently as he can manage. Rynn remembers, after all, the small stuff needs to stay in cooling. But he isn't sure how long that'll last him. No power. He has to get power. Generator. There's still some daylight to burn.

Daylight he'll be burning foraging food, if his growling stomach is any indication. A dark thought strikes him, however. Why not take care of both?

Rynn smiles. Komodo's teeth bare into a terrible grin. There's still some suburban homes he can pillage. No need to be picky. Garages tend to have generators too. It'll be like hitting two, three birds with one massive, massive stone.

He is the stone, you see.

Securing the loot in his shack and then off for a suburb. He has his next goal, after all. And maybe Komodo can slink around in the cover of dusk. And maybe snatch a dog from some yard too, why not.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 8, 2018

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bank, Kingvale

Making use of the confusion from the pulse, you make your way to the vault, with all the magnetic locks destroyed by the pulse, it was far easier than any planner might have expected, and you were through to the vault in a few minutes. Once you arrive, you reach out and force the bolts and locking mechanisms open. Inside are piles of bills, as well as safe deposit boxes. Considering the need to hurry, you focus solely on the bills. It was surprising how small they were, first $50,000 of stacked $20s barely filled up quarter the bag. After that you stopped counting, there wasn’t enough time to waste on that. It only took a few minutes, but soon you had emptied the place out and were on your way to the exit. Before anyone realizes what has happened you are out on the street, pushing a cart through the chaos stemming from the pulse. Before long you were away, though the question of where to go came to mind.

You make clean getaway, though you’ll need someplace to go and count/store your ill-gotten gains.

You start to make your way to the basement labs, smashing your way through locked doors, relying on the stairs to get you down there as the elevators had all been shut off. Barging through one door after another, it was clear the security here was heavy indeed. If you hadn’t been the equivalent of a human-sized tank you doubt you would have made it this far. Finally, after punching your way through a steel vault door you arrive at… You’re not actually sure what. It’s clearly an electronic device of some kind, but you can’t tell exactly what without examining it a lot more closely.

The men charged, already sensitized to your power from weeks of continuous exposure now you drive them into an absolute frenzy. All self-preservation instincts forgotten, they run right into incoming fire without flinching. Their gunfire was less effective than you had hoped, but the convoy was derailed when one of your men detenoated an old surplus grenade as he was run down by the lead vehicle. With the roadway blocked, the others are stuck in place, where the concentrated fire begins to wear on them, until finally any window not broken with concentrated fire is literally bludgeoned open with rifle buts. Any presidential guards still alive inside are dragged out and literally ripped limb from limb by your troops, you had ordered the guards be killed, and your troops would ensure there were no survivors.

Finally it is done, the convoy if yours, and not a single guard remains alive. You’ve lost two dozen men, about a third of your group, to do it.

Empire City, 0/3 BP

As you toy around with drone designs in your head, you realize what is required for your caper will need to be a cut above another you’ve made thus far. You’ll need them to do careful precision work, quickly and quietly, and the drone designs you have focused on thus far have generally been slower and clumsy. Higher quality drones will require higher quality materials. Nothing too outrageous, but better than the reclaimed scrap you’re used to working with. Which means you’ll need to secure some decent quality metals. With better materials, it should be relatively straightforward to create some prototypes for the designs your plan will need.

Bayou North of Lavell, 2/3 BP

You leave behind the proceeds of your raid, and start to make your way back towards the suburbs. It’s a bit of a trip on foot, as the shack is relatively remote, but you make your way out the swamp and into more populated areas. Unfortunately, the suburbs at dusk are full of people returning from work, from the very outskirts you can hear and smell the bustle of people and cars. It will be nearly impossible to complete your current plan without being spotted, likely multiple times. You are faced with a decision, proceed now or try and wait for things to calm down a bit, you imagine people will be less aware of the goings on in their yards once darkness has truly fallen.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Bank, Kingvale

Holy. poo poo.

He loving did it. He really loving did it. All of the practice, the pain and planning. He needed to find a place to figure his poo poo out. Then he could rent a place somewhere else after that. He needed a motel. He wheeled his cart towards the places he knew. He'd get a room, close the blinds and count his loot. Robert would tether the cart and bag(s) with his powers if anyone tried to take or move them while he talked to the clerk. If anyone so much as tried to open them...he left a handful of nails on the pavement outside. They would get the biggest and most final of surprises through their arms and legs. He could likely weave them in and out of someone's body and really tell them to gently caress off.

He would count and sort the loot, then make some calls to find a loft or place to rent. Maybe an old building with an office space where he could also live and begin planning what to do next. It all depended on how much cash he had. He knew he couldn't pay cash for everything. He would need to launder the money somehow and filter it back into some kind of business he could own. He's watched enough episodes of Greedy People get caught by the IRS or the Federal Government for their crimes just by showing up with their loot and trying to deposit it into the bank. But all this would come later.

First get the motel room.
Next count the money.

After that he could find a place to rent as a base of operations so to speak.

Going to get a motel room.

--If he can bring the bags inside: like checking into a hotel, then cool.

---If he has to leave the bags outside or out of his immediate reach Electromagnetism [+2] :
Robert will tether the bags and cart to his powers while talking to the clerk (if he has to leave them outside) orthe clerk station for the motel is a window outside he will do the magnetic tethering to feel if they're moved, opened, or messed with.
He'd leaving nails (which he carries with him in his backpack or pockets on the sidewalk.
If anyone gets too curious they will get nails to the limbs and hands/feet if they try to open the bags. Worse if they succeed in somehow taking something from them. Head or heart or weaving the nails through their flesh should do it.

Then counting the money.
Which likely will take lots of time and conclude this action.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Novatech Corporate Campus, Southaven 0/3 BP

Alan looked at the device, and considered it. The thing was electronic and it was under a massive amount of security so it was obviously some kind of experiment. He just did not know what. Alan looked around and could not find anything that would indicate exactly what it was that he was looking at and thought for a moment. He couldn't carry this out and he had not seen anything else immediately valuable on the way out so he needed to get something out of this mess. Or else what was the point of throwing his life away?

With that crushing thought, Alan made a choice and hoped it wasn't a mistake. He ejected the car from his body, the body and components ending up as a mangled mess to the side, and tried to absorb the electronic device. Hopefully it wasn't too big to manage...

It's payday, so let's hope this isn't a bust for Alan. IT Handyman, Clever, Fit for a total of [+6] mundane. Technografting [+2] makes obvious sense, but given that he hasn't done enough checking for this Addictive Personality[-2] makes obvious sense because he's rushing to his next hit.

Also invoking both of my bonus points here.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bank, Kingvale

Getting a motel room is easy enough, the scuzzy looking cleark seems skeptical at least until you put the money to cover the night on the counter. The room isn’t nice, but it’s private and enough for your purposes. Actually counting the cash proves more complex than you initially expected. It would seem without realizing it, your EMP had done you another favor, as mixed throughout the piles of bills are live dye-packs. If you hadn’t accidentally knocked out the broadcast device in the bank, your entire heist would have been for not. Even so, you take great care when removing the discarding the half-dozen dye packs.

Once that was taken care of, all that was left was the counting. Hundreds quickly became thousands, which soon became hundreds of thousands. Besides the sheer shock of being in the presence of that much cash, the think that most surprising was how small it was. $650,000 and it barely took up half the bed when you stacked the piles three deep. You weren’t quite a millionaire yet, but you had no doubt you could coast on this cash for quite a while indeed.

Letting go of the sports-car is painful, surrendering that power leaves you feeling so slow and weak in your merely human form. Still, you put the the thoughts out of your mind as you reach out for the unknown device in front of you in order to take into yourself. You have never absorbed something so large or delicate before. It is a wrenchingly painful experience as you can begin feel the changes come on. It is very different than the other things you have absorbed so far. It’s like ice climbing up your veins, and though unlike most others your skin and other exterior features don’t change you can feel your insides rearrange. The worst is when the sensation reaches your head, it’s like someone detonated a bomb right inside, it’s all you can do to cling to consciousness of the intense pain. After a five minutes that leaves you barely clinging to your sanity, the pain fades, and you feel differently than you ever have before. It’s like all your life before this moment you were living trapped in a thick fog. Everything is so intensely clear, thinking back it’s now obvious to you from the appearance of the machine that it must be some sort of prototype general quantum computer, just from the location of the various pieces you can begin to develop a general idea of its theoretical underpinnings. However, you realize there isn’t really time for that. From a long-ago half remembered meeting, you remember stated response time of the police, and you estimate that they likely have already arrived at the facility. From how long it took you to get down here, plus their necessarily slower and more cautous approach, you calculate you have approximately five minutes before a SWAT team breaches the room you currently occupy, and you no longer possess the super-human strength and durability necessary to repel them. Another option would need to be found.

As you’ve absorbed a highly secret cutting edge prototype quantum computer, your power is now Super-Intelligence[+4] as long as you have it absorbed.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Nystrian Badlands - Ambush Junction> South Nystrian Cave System

Good. Good. The underlings had performed their function. "ENOUGH" she bellows, when she spots some of them hacking at a very dead, very dismembered corpse. "Triage the wounded. You, find which vehicles are still running. The rest of you that can still move, strip our dead of their gear, strip the guards of theirs and any mostly intact uniforms. Move quickly, we don't know where their reinforcements may be."

The single running vehicle was loaded with the nonwalking wounded and whatever crates from the other vehicles she could load into it, including some of the presidential guard uniforms. With a good cleaning, she could hopefully assemble a few intact uniforms from the dead. The walking wounded and healthy troopers carry whatever crates as well was the quality gear stripped from the guard.It was time to take a look at what they had won.

Taking as much as we can from the scene and moving to the cave system. On the way getting whatever medical supplies we need as well. [Supercharisma+2] to organized this and also reinforce the idea we can win into the heads of the men.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Bank, Kingvale

Robert blinked. Dye packs. How did he miss that! He shook his head. He needed to be more careful in future. His little emp trick if he limited its range could be very useful. As he counted the cash he was both elated and slightly...disappointed. It was a great score but he wanted more.

$650k was a start. He packed his bags and took a taxi home.

Robert thought on the ride home and realized he needed a place of his own. A place he could train, study, and keep his loot. He'd try and find an older building or warehouse. A place he could fortify and build. He'd begin looking. It didn't have to be a great neighborhood.

taking a taxi home. Searching for a place to buy/rent. A warehouse or run down place he can use to train, study, keep his ill gotten loot

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Empire City, 0/3 BP

Anton nodded to himself. The security here, in one of the best secured placed in the nation, might actually pose a challenge. Well, an easy challenge, but even easy was better than completely trivial. Nevertheless, even easy could not be done without tools, and for tools he needed materials.

So might as well start looking for some.

OOC: Schemer [+4] to scout out locations of relevant parts for my drones.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Convoy Police Station

It was not what she wanted. This was not what was supposed to happen. They were supposed to be awed or terrified, fleeing or kneeling. This was a moment of glory. But so much violence, so much blood and pain. This was not...

No.

No weakness. No doubt. Only faith. Pain and death would be needed to bring about the new world.

As fire started to lick, she looked up at the news helicopter. Servants of the machine. But she could use them. Spread the spark! Her voice would not reach them. But fire would speak for her. With a movement of her hand, the purple flames would slither and move on the ground, burning without fuel over the blood soaked battlefield.

"Rejoice! The purifying fire is nigh! The Machine cannot stop it! Be the flame, or be the kindle!"

No way to go back, only forward. If this fire was not great enough, she'd have to burn more. And she'd regret the deaths that would follow. But it would all be worth it in the end.

Trying to use my 15 minutes of fame to 'get the word out' on national TV, use Cult Leader +4 ,and Flame +2 to look like a cool and awesome divine rebel, rather than an insane death cultist. However, a Fanatic -2, because I am kind of an insane death cultist

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 24, 2018

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Rather than breaking through the haze your troops are in, your orders instead seem to redirect it. Your people take to assessing their wounded and preparing to move out with the same single-minded focus as their earlier charge. Clearly this was as a result of your power, though what it was and what it meant was something you’d have to consider. However, those questions are quickly sidelined when they pull out the contents of the disabled trucks and you can see what this convoy is all about. Your troops open the first case, and everyone nearby gasps. Something finally makes a dent in the haze they’re under, though only a debt. A 2nd case is opened, then a third. All of them are full to bursting with bars of gold bullion. You can’t tell for sure the amount, but you can guess you’re looking at upwards of $150 million worth.

That dent in the haze over your troops keeps growing as the reality of what you’ve found begins to set in, greed starting to glint in their eyes. This is more money than you’ve ever seen in your life by an order of magnitude, for the starving farmers this is a virtually inconceivable amount of wealth, and you feel certain that if you don’t act quickly things are going to spiral out of control.

Bank, Kingvale

You make your way home with the proceeds of your crime to find your parent’s glued to the TV. To your surprise the news wasn’t focused on the several blocks wide blackout and bank robbery that must have been noticed by now. Rather, it would seem that there was some sort of ongoing terrorist attack in the midwest. Live footage showed a crowd charging a police station, with shots being fired. Then your parents and the newscasters gasp simultaneously as a woman in the mob shoots fire from her hands, the strange purple flames running along the ground to spell out a message.

REJOICE! THE PURIFYING FIRE IS NIGH! THE MACHINE CANNOT STOP IT! BE THE FLAME, OR BE THE KINDLE!

The attack on the police station continues, members of the mob being gunned down by the police’s weapons, but they charged on through the hail of bullets, their leader sending out gouts of flame, officers falling as they burn or being ripped apart by the braying mob. Clearly it would seem you are the not the only one with special abilities, and the cat was now officially out of the bag. This broadcast would send out shockwaves across the world, you could feel the tension in the air like it had been during the 10/12 terrorist attacks. You had no doubt all across the country if not the world people were watching this.

Empire City, 0/3 BP

You begin your search for material. The main impediment was going to be money no doubt, the higher quality the alchemical metal you wanted the more of the base metal the spells would need to consume. However, before your search can truly begin in earnest, it is interrupted. Everywhere you go, you can see people gathering around TVs. When you check your phone, you find out why. Apparently there was a major terrorist ongoing terrorist attack. Out in some town in the mid-west a mob of people had attacked a fire station and were even now charging a police station. Officers had opened fire with live ammunition. On it’s own this would be an electrifying story, but what took it to the next level was the footage of the the mob’s leader creating gouts of flame with her bare hands.

A livestream showed a burning message among the chaos.

REJOICE! THE PURIFYING FIRE IS NIGH! THE MACHINE CANNOT STOP IT! BE THE FLAME, OR BE THE KINDLE!

That seen was mixed with others of brutal violence and dead cultists and police officers. The whole world was transfixed, watching in horror and morbid fascination at the town of Convoy.

Convoy Police Station

You charge forward your followers running over the bodies of their fellows at the fortified police. There’s no doubt the beleaguered police likely would’ve been able to hold them back, were in not for your intervention. The first officer goes down in flames, screaming. Then the ammunition for his weapon cooks off, and the police position collapses. Your followers are on them, blood in their eyes. The officers who don’t make it back to the station are literally ripped to shreds. This was not like the movies, it made you realize just how fake those images had been. Men and women screaming, bleeding, and dying all around you, the scent of death only masked by the stronger smell of charred flesh and hair. Your group had won the battle, but in doing so might have lost the war. The police were now all inside the station, taking pot shots out the windows with no more hesitation about civilian casualties, and with this no doubt making international news, it was only a matter of time until heavier forces were mobilized, the kind your mob of fanatical but barely armed followers would be unable to even dent. Barring something drastic, your current position was untenable.

Enjoy your BP.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Bank, Kingvale

What the TV displayed made even Robert pause. The terrorist attack was shocking yes. But the icing on the cake was the woman who shot fire from her hands. It could be explained but deep down he knew better. The message confirmed it. The sheer insanity of the mob. He should be repulsed but no, Robert was envious. The power and control. To command the fear and respect of so many.

The stupidity of doing it all in the open. The government was a monster. Secret listening programs, black sites, torture and worse. Trained killers and grim faced agents would come forth like someone had kicked over an ant hill. They had scientists and engineers. The sheer amount of minds and manpower that would be galvanized now to stop this threat and all future threats....

This fool woman had set it all in motion. Robert's plans remained the same but now his time tables were accelerated. He had to find a place to perfect his powers and control. Now. He needed materials and knowledge. He needed to be able to defend himself and fight off the unpowered.

His blood ran cold. He would have to defend and fight others like himself too. They all couldn't see eye to eye could they? This wasn't a comic book or sci-fi novel. He would have to be stronger or risk being someone's bitch. A superbitch. He shuddered think of what that could be like.

Robert got online and began looking for a warehouse or run down building to rent. Then he'd need to get a few gift cards to [insert amazon equivalent here]. He would but them at different stores so he could get a shopping list of items he needed.

Looking to find and rent and an older building or warehouse. A place he could fortify and build, store his loot.

Also getting a few hundred dollars in [insert amazon equivalent] gift cards.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Desdemona had a brief moment of that awful etiquette class her mom made her and her sister attend, to more properly ape the behavior of the upper class. She brings forth her full knowledge of decorum for this situation. "Holy Good-goddamn Pigfucking shiiiiit"

The opportunities opening before her eyes still paled to the potential for treason. Her mind raced. This could set her up for life. If converted and properly invested, this was true "Money that just sits around making more money" level of bullshit. But no, whoever this belonged to, and she doubted this was only Jimoza's wealth, would come looking and never stop. She'd spend all the money running, and her life would only last until the money ran out.

She lays it on thick, her power oozing out of her, full throttle, seeking to put the greed genie back in the bottle. "I see that look in your eyes, boys, but let me stop you there; until this is moved out of the country and turned into cash, these are just pretty yellow bricks. Jimoza's men will come into the hills looking for anyone trying to hand out ingots for goods and services. We're going to move this into hiding. We're going to bury what we can't. We're going to start a real war now, this can hire a thousand more like myself. Food and medicine and schools for your families, and this is just the start."

Desdemona checks on the readout of the truck what the max capacity weight and does some math while searching for tracking devices. Time to move out. The broken but still breathing joined the gold on the truck. Healthy and walking wounded got loaded up with a combat load of gold bricks and looted weapons. As much as they can carry without slowing down significantly. The rest....Desdemona gathers a few of the healthy men, the ones most suspectable to her power....

Loading up the working truck with as much as possible, using Right to Bare Arms+4 to quickly put together a moving convoy. Carefully selecting a small team of healthy and then gaslighting the poo poo out of them with Supercharisma+2 to make them forget exactly where they buried it*. Moving everything we can carry to the cave systems.

*Really, she should supervise a burial detail and then shoot the guys who did it so she's the only one who knows where it is. Its very classically villainous in a Long John Silver kind of way. The thing is, I don't want to actually write that. Instead she's just going to try to brainwash them into forgetting.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 1, 2018

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

He immediately regretted not picking up the gun from the guards that he had killed, but he would have to improvise for now. The difference in his perception of the world after the enhanced computational power in his body was like night and day. His brain could even fill in for the defects from his vision based on perfect recall of scanning around the room, and he had not even begun to put his new analytical capabilities to the test. Alan did not suddenly gain knowledge he did not have previously, but he could deduce a lot of thing extremely quickly.

Alan knew he had to move quickly, so based on the glimpses of maps he had seen he projected several scenarios in his head.

Firstly, what would the common easiest and most direct point of exits be?
Secondly, how would you counter and entrap them?
Finally, how would he best evade people trying to capture him based off of step two.

His hearing was not better, but his ability to analyse what he did hear was. So Alan worked to make his way out of the building while avoiding capture. If he did encounter someone, hopefully his new intelligence would give him the edge in combat. As an unarmed combatant fighting a heavily armed one, he would need that edge.

Trying to escape the building and evade people moving to capture him. Super Intellect [+4] along with Clever [+2] and Fit [+2]

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Decrepit Warehouse, Kingvale

The world of commercial real-estate is a very different business when you’re trying to lay low. However, there were enough warehouses in the area that it didn’t take too too long to find an illegal sublet paid in cash. It was a bit out of the way, but considering your intentions for the place that might be an advantage. The only real downside was that it was a decrepit warehouse, hardly a welcoming place, and at the moment outside of locks on the doors, the only real security was security by obscurity.

You manage to keep things under control, though it’s clear to you that if your troops weren’t in whatever haze they were still mostly in you’d have been less successful. Still, your words reach them and you manage to get them to stay in line, at least for now. You take out a few of your troops, the ones that seem the most deeply hazed, and that had, looking back, been the core of your support from the very start of your time in this country. You lead them out a good distance from the ambush spot, and bury whatever you won’t be able to carry away. Then you try and make them forget, confuse their memories, make it so that they can’t return. They just look at you confused, though they’re fairly honest with you that whatever your trying isn’t working. Your first instinct then is to kill them, but the analytical part of you realizes that this would be doing you a great injury. Besides the fact that returning alone would have… unpredictable effects on the rest of your troops, who you are holding onto by a thread. It’d also be coring out your best base of support. These are the people most susceptible to your ability, and thus the most loyal. They’ve been invaluable in policing the rest of your troops, beating down any dissenters and generally doing a lot of heavy lifting in legitimizing your authority.

That being said, gold worth more than the combined income of everyone they would ever know was an almost irresistible temptation. Despite their loyalty, you were relatively certain that left to their own devices they would do a valiant job resisting that temptation, and then fail utterly. That left you the problem with what to do with them.

Ya, you’re power isn’t strong enough (yet) to just straight up rewrite their memories. However, that doesn't mean you have to kill them, as that would actually be pretty bad for you, as you’d be offing the core of your support among your troops. You’re going to need to come up with an alternate approach.

Making your way out of the building is easier than you expected. The police put up almost no resistance at all, at least not any that has any effect. It’s like playing a game against a child, you’re consistently not merely one or two, but ten steps ahead. You know where they’ll be before they do, and know where they’re not. Misdirection, if you could stoop to calling the sort of elementary distractions needed to mislead these fools misdirection was easy. You already knew a lot about the networks in the building, and so a few minutes on a cell phone was all you needed to have dozens of false alarms triggering throughout the building. With them, it was child’s play to make sure the SWAT teams were where you needed them to be to open holes in their encirclement. Combined with a short trip through the ventilation system, and you make it out without them ever realizing they’d been so masterfully had.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Decrepit Warehouse, Kingvale

The warehouse had few windows and was made of brick. There were steel double doors, 12 of them in fact and a few roll up dock bay doors for trucks to deliver things. Is was bare bones but had industrial power. He thought for a moment. It would have to do.

He found it easier to work with metal than not but he also needed to try his powers on non-ferrus materials.

He began ordering things online with cash cards and locally with cash...

A big but common and trivial shopping list: Getting sheet metal, plating, rivets, bars, nails, screws. From "not-home depot" and multiple other box stores and hardware stores. Hed have them delivered at different days and times and bring the items inside when he couldn't be seen.

From the internet he ordered mineral, metals, and element samples. Using cash cards and gift cards. Separate orders and different payment methods.

Kits to build metal shelving and chassis would be purchased at stores for cash where he could and online where he could not.

Copper computer wiring & communications wiring cables. Electrical wiring. Both internet and big box stores.

Then Robert called up not-comcast. He waited in hold. He needed the internet of course. Cellular wireless was ok but he needed to do real research.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

South Nystrian Cave System

The booty buried, Desdemona leads the little convoy into the hills. Making sure nothing as amateur as tracks or tire ruts would reveal their location, she sets up shop, triage for the wounded, inventory to take stock of her new property, and most important of all, guards for the bullion.

Desdemona had been devoting the majority of her mental processes to figuring out how to keep her own men from giving in, grabbing as many bars as they could, and running for the border. Then inspiration came. Some of the men had been clearing out a back cavern. They called her back. At first, she thought it was some trash peasants had dumped. No. No. They wouldn't have gone this far for simple litter. Curiosity piqued her interest, plus, poking at this find seemed to be less work than hauling a bunch of metal bars that weighed around 12 kgs a piece. Once excavated, she wracked her brain. The few liberal arts and history courses her major required of her kicked into place. A quick search on her phone seemed to confirm it...

Pre-ice age Europan cultures. Conservatives in Atlantica pictured "the good ol days" as some 1950s hellscape of soft white wives and docile minorities who knew their place. Desdemona pined for 1950 as well. 1950 BCE. She dreamed of stalking through a fog filled forest wearing nothing but dreadlocks and woad, blood and brain spattered axe in hand. An age where you got hosed up on a pig's bladder filled to the brim with half-fermented mare's milk. Yes. This was perfect.

The scant conclusions archaeologists could make regarding these long gone people was rectified by consulting the site of the New Infernalist Church of Atlantica and pirating those awful elfgame supplements her little brother read. Whatever theosophical knowledge had been lost in the past 4000 years could be papered over by skimming the fluff sections featuring images of naked ladies chained to altars, gilded frog idols, and steroided him-bos waving phallic weaponry at overgrown lizards. A theme is chosen and a plan set in her mind.

Normally, she kept strict control of her men's booze intake. Normally, she made sure nothing harder than her orders got through. Tonight would be different. They had won a great battle. She personally laced the godawful local moonshine with every pilfered narcotic she could find. Desdemonda let them get good and wasted, lets smoke and laughter fill the camp. Then it's time.

Desdemona enters, stage left. She'd put those girl scout years of of craft workshops and macaroni paintings to good use tonight. Her outfit was improvised, to say the least, but the booze moonshine smooths everything in their minds. Sharpens their experience. Emergency flares, stolen from a kit, vomit white-red light over a cheap stage. Their smoke mingles with the camp fires, making wisps their addled minds confuse for spirits. Long skirt smeared with occult symbols, sports bra, and a feathered headdress, jutting antlers dangling with the dog tags of dead soldiers finish the image. Desdemona didn't care for what the satanic website or her brother's nerd books thought about what a mystic should look like - "Vampire hooker chic" was never her thing. So instead her makeup is something more familiar to her. A horizontal smear of blue paint across her eyes. Half antediluvian war-goddess, half football star.

"In the pits of the earth, the first people were born, clawing their way forth, and taking the world for their own..."

She chants; bad Latin from horror movie exorcisms, half remembered Iberian from her highschool language class (Previously employed only to yell at the gardener and to order from food trucks), and various made up fantasy novel drek that sounded pretty cool. Lots of strong vowel sounds and Ks.

The flares bathed the cavern in red light and dramatic shadows. It was all bullshit, of course, like a kid holding a flashlight under his face to make a ghost story more evocative, but on some level it tickled something inside people's monkey brain that made them go "YES, yes, this is how it is!" We're all joking here, but you know, not really. The warrior queen, from across the sea, who came to liberate the people, and also make them obscenely rich.

"We will spill forth from these caves. Our wealth turned into more warriors, more guns, we will take the cities, we will split Jimoza's head like a rotten gourd. What we took today is only the start. We will live like kings and queens when this is done..."

Bolo in hand, Desdemona opened the throat of the goat beneath the restored shrine of the Queen of Swords. An appropriately spooky looking deer skull and various bird parts were mounted at the top of the mantle, tastefully balanced out with a dozen-odd fingers, wedding rings, and ears the boys had lopped off the dead presidential guards.

As the arterial spray blasted her chest, ran down her abs and dribbled onto the pile of gold bars forming the altar, Desdemona murmurs the last of her incantation and busts out in unrestrained cackling. "At last," she thought, licking the blade clean and shoving the exsanguinated corpse off to the side for a flunky to butcher and barbecue "They'll start taking me seriously!"

Using [Super Charisma+2] and [Right to bare arms +4] to start building a mystic cult religion around wealth, physical prowess, and military power. Thanks to the Unlife Aquatic for help with editing for this post.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 16, 2018

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

As he left, Alan made sure to cause as much damage to the surveillance as he could. He would have some time but eventually someone would put together the pieces and realise who had done this, and what they were capable of. Alan needed to leave the city, to make his way somewhere and to figure out how to make this change permanent. Now that his mind had awakened, the thought of having to revert back to his old self was unacceptable. It would be as though you had given a blind person sight for the first time, and then took it away again.

Alan went a few suburbs across, taking a taxi once he was far enough away and found a diner to order food in while he planned his escape. Part of him was curious to see how it would be reported on the nightly news. He had missed the 6PM broadcast, but he would be in time for the 7PM one.

Alan is going to make his way out of town somewhere else for now, especially with a mind to lay low and avoid capture.Super Intellect [+4] along with Clever [+2] seem the best fit. This is also a good chance for you to catch Alan up on the news of other characters if anything has gone on.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Convoy Police Station
1FP

Blood. Blood and Death. This was what it would take to bring a pure world about. Seeing many of the people she grew up with get gun downed as they butchered the police. It seemed unreal. The few media she'd seen was real. This was the fake. She looked at the sky and saw... nothing. Not enough. Still not enough. Her faith didn't waver though. The flames would not Guide him yet, but they would forge her. Harden her. She spoke to her remaining followers.
"It is time for us to leave. We mustn't allow them to smother us now! Gather some of the keys of police vehicles, put the wounded inside. I shall make sure they are distracted preventing their corrupt warren from burning." And with that, she gathered flames once more. This time, rather than focus them on one target, she sent them on a scattershot all across the town. "Now, they should be too busy to follow us."

Time to get out. Going to use Flame Control +2 to create a diversion to make sure the police have other things on their mind that pursuit before loading up the survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Sorry everyone. I've just really run out of steam on this game, so I'm going to have to declare it closed. Thanks to all my players.

• Locked thread