Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Hopefully I'll be less of a lame piece of poo poo this year and finish some more runs!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

mime/freelancer only run, calling it now

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

nice four acts, buddy

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Also. :toxx: time:

I will donate $1 for every completed Forbidden run where Bartz is named Exodia, up to $40.

If forbidden ends up being sucky and unfun like natural, I'll also donate $.50 for every completed run where Bartz is named Exodia, period, up to $20.

edit: yes, they stack

Leraika fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 31, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

agradine posted:

I've been led to understand that it's not possible.

If you can't get the full name on your chosen version, anything that you can fit in and looks like Exodia is fine; I'm not going to nitpick people over a charity donation.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

agradine posted:

My apologies, that was a poor attempt at dry humor based on the meme you are referencing :-P

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

ultrafilter posted:

The Fiesta might not start until June 19th. Are you really only looking for runs completed on that first day?

Sounds like this is a pre-Fiesta thing, since it's a specific team and all.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Congrats!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Sounds like you're going to get one of your jobs banned going into the void.

:ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

It's not Natural-tier but it's weird and gimmicky and I like donating money to charity so:

The second clause of my :toxx: is officially in effect! Beat the game with Bartz named Exodia, regardless of challenge, and I will donate $.50 to charity, up to $20!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Congrats, all of you! Your victories have been recorded.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I see all y'all's exodia wins; I'll make a new compilation post and update my poo poo tomorrow.

Also: yeesh the player sprites look bad on steam.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

All right, I'm all caught up!

Congrats to forums users Saigyoji, Shyfted One, CapitalistPig, dis astranagant, Zerlian, AlphaKretin, Sakako, Hiilai, Geocites Homepage King, Huzzah!, Kobata, and Bufuman, as well as discord user aturtledoesbite, for obliterating their Forbidden runs, and forums users Samuel Clemens, Fat and Useless, and Tricky for believing in the heart of the cards.

Strange Aeon, my vision is terrible and I can't make out what jobs you have in your screenshot - would you mind confirming if you did a Forbidden run or not?

Leraika fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 23, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

basically someone in the discord made a joke about their exodia, the forbidden run, and I thought it was funny enough to make a bunch of other people do it too

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Update: By my count we've got 31 Exodia runs, 26 of which are also Forbidden!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Ghost-Slug posted:

I signed up again this year determined that this was going to be the year that I finally beat the game, no really this time. I'm still chipping away on my original Fiesta save file... which I started in 2015. Despite the long time, this is still my first time through the game and I've been determined to do as much as I possibly can, need be damned. My original job rolls were really good (Monk/Time Mage/Ranger/Chemist - I job faired them in this year to keep going) so I've been able to stay on top of the bestiary and do all the side areas and bosses so far.

I'm a little way into the Interdimensional Rift now and I'm really excited because I just killed Omega! I know you're probably looking at my team comp and thinking "oh, quick/poison rod, how exciting..." but I thought that would be too boring so after a little bit of science and a lot of trial and effort, my fight ended up going like this:

It turns out the combo of !Rapid Fire and !Mix is the solution to all problems in this game!

Congratulations!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've been kind of bad brain lately and also the document that I've been using to keep track of Exodia runs got partially obliterated in a computer crash, but I'll be going through and doing a count somewhere over the next few days.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Doom Goon posted:

Cool, finally got the last Nemesis Genome in Bravely Default. Now I can beat the very last boss and finish this darn thing!

Oh, how bad is the Final Fantasy V anime OVA? Might be fun to throw it on one of those YouTube sync services and riff on it. Maybe towards the end of the Fiesta as a curtain call? Who wouldn't want to check out what, according to Wikipedia, T.H.E.M. Anime Reviews (?) called "a cruel mockery of all Final Fantasy stands for"?

It's not great. There's a lot of skeeve and the plot makes very little sense, especially as a FFV sequel.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Alxprit posted:

https://twitter.com/Alxprit/status/1018576201189937152

Is the Exodia toxx still happening or did it reach its limit by now? If it did, I'll donate what would have been the amount it would have earned.

Give me about half an hour to go through and get together that info.

e: Three more Exodia Forbidden runs to go! Exodia non-Forbidden runs are CLOSED as of now (we actually went over with 48 (!!!) entrants!).

Leraika fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 15, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Looks like the Exodia runs are slowing down, so I'll do my donation at the start of next month when I have a bit more in the cash department.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hooray I don't have to worry about this any more! Congrats to the 50+ people what contributed to EXODIA, THE FORBIDDEN RUN.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nihilarian posted:

I imagine that Exodia one has already hit the max, but in case it hasn't:

finally got around to finishing mine

Unfortunately it has, but congrats!

...I still haven't finished mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Cattail Prophet posted:

Locke, Cyan, Setzer, Shadow

...My new headcanon is that Clyde and Baram were gay so that this can be Team "A bunch of dudes mourning their dead lovers"

Wait. Were Setzer and Daryl actually romantically involved? Whatever, they are now.

Team Refrigerator