Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, do tpn demons have magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly

RIP

I'm glad I left that series early since it was just so depressing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rody One Half posted:

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly
:frogon:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Entirely untrue, its a very good ending arc that has nice pacing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Alder posted:

RIP

I'm glad I left that series early since it was just so depressing.

Its a story where the thematic underpinning is cooperation and understanding between different cultures and is one of the most hopeful comics with a direct commentary on modern life I've seen. It's wroth picking back up again.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 1, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

This has to be a trick to get everyone to throw KnY's ending under the bus.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

This has to be a trick to get everyone to throw KnY's ending under the bus.

Yaiba's ending is alright but I think the actual final fight was both really really long and didn't have as much emotional resonance as earlier fights so I was wishing for it to reach the end faster.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Yaiba's ending is alright but I think the actual final fight was both really really long and didn't have as much emotional resonance as earlier fights so I was wishing for it to reach the end faster.

I agree that it is very suboptimal and has been for most of the inifinite mansion, but coming in here going "hohum, TPN sure gives KnY a run for its money" just looks like bait to me to make it look worse than it is.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

I agree that it is very suboptimal and has been for most of the inifinite mansion, but coming in here going "hohum, TPN sure gives KnY a run for its money" just looks like bait to me to make it look worse than it is.

I also agree.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
To be honest I don't think it's baiting, I think Rody is just venting her personal frustrations at TPN's ending and felt like this would be a better place to express herself than in the TPN thread.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just think it's a real one-two punch of things I once quite liked.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

i'll be a zenitsu hater until i die

I'm not saying you can't be or you that you should stop.

But no matter how much you hate Zenitsu, you'll never hate him more than he already hates himself and I think that's beautiful.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not saying you can't be or you that you should stop.

But no matter how much you hate Zenitsu, you'll never hate him more than he already hates himself and I think that's beautiful.

watch me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Zenitsu doesn’t really hate himself. He pities himself a bit but just like his cowardice he just kind of gets over it off screen

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i claim victory

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

i claim victory
Do the victory pose or it's worthless. :colbert:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Do the victory pose or it's worthless. :colbert:

I heard he'd never throw victory into the losers face.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'd heard good things about this (it rocketing to #1 in Japan and then also ending recently helped get it onto my radar) and I binged the whole manga over like four days. About 50 chapters in I went and looked up the anime, watched a few episodes, and honestly the anime seems like it's going to be all around flat-out better than the manga. The bold, vibrant lines and the coloring just adds so much to the storytelling compared to the scratchy, sometimes neurotic linework in the manga and the often difficult-to-decipher fight scenes.

Still an enjoyable manga though. I went from thinking Muzan was a fantastic villain, to being really "meh" on them, then thinking they was great again after how these ending chapters went.

I didn't really have problems with the pacing of the manga. Obviously it's clear Gotoge had to quickly wrap things up, but I'm not sure the manga would've benefited from having dedicated arcs for each of the Demon Moons, and it was already established earlier on that Muzan was willing to just cut straight to the chase when they splattered all the Lower Moons after Rui -- so it's not too much of a stretch that Muzan goes straight into their stronghold instead of wasting time faffing around.

It looks like the anime will be setting up for 3 full seasons, right? If you take the Infinity Train to its own movie then the remaining content seems to be just enough for two seasons: Red Light/Swordsmith/Pillar for the second season, Infinity Castle for the final season. Unless, of course, they add filler to expand on the characters and give us more downtime in between battles.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

for me the pacing issues were less felt in not giving each moon an arc and more in the side characters ultimately not getting much at all and how the powerups came so fast and hard and out of nowhere. the only one i really felt satisfied by was when nezuko got that wild one-horn form and... did that ever happen again??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the pacing issues where not for the moons in fact I think the moons have to much screen time as is. They get more focus than most the characters including the lead