Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

SgtScruffy posted:

I was listening to "Magic" (BFF's best in my opinion) today, and was reminded that this review exists. If you aren't familiar, Brent DiCrescenzo is the most pretentious and insufferable reviewer of all time, and is probably the reason that most people associate Pitchfork with snobbiness

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/645-the-unauthorized-biography-of-reinhold-messner/

Oh man, I love me a good (?) DiCrescenzo review and that one does not disappoint. Not going to bother pulling choice quotes because the entire thing is like a self-parody. Aside from the one boring paragraph where he attempts to talk about the music.

(As a reminder, he retired from Pitchfork about 14 years ago. I remember this because his review of the Beastie Boys' 2004 release To the Five Buroughs is mostly him announcing his retirement.)

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread