Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The air is sweaty and damp. The sun breaks between clouds, giving brief moments of rest below. The town of Juanagua in the Livireen simmers every summer, and when that happens everything on the island moves a little more slowly. Lizards bake comfortably on stone slabs, birds bathe in fountains, and people rest under awnings or palm fronds. Fish mongers cast ice spells over their wares while hauling them from port to stall, priests linger in their temples waving themselves with fans, beggars sleep under makeshift tents, tax collectors go door to door wearing wide-brimmed hats, soothsayers shrug when asked the simplest questions, and expecting mothers gather by the shore, soaking their feet in the waves. Life here is still and steady; it's too hot to be too busy, and the Juanagualeños are fine with that.
Today though, as things do in stories like this, something new happened. A strange man approached the town on foot. He wore a burlap cloak with his hood up, the bright sun obscuring his face. He was an itinerant preacher, though he fancied himself more of a prophet. He had spent decades meditating in the mountains, hoping to uncover a deeper meaning to life. Instead he discovered fantastic powers, magicks he spent more decades honing and training. Now he felt like he was ready to put his strength to the test: he was going to kill an entire town with his mind.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be?

If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

Try to only post while sober. You can't play mafia well if you're not sober, and you make the rest of the game more difficult for everyone else too.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) Anomalous Amalgam
2) Atomic Soda
3) b-minus1
4) BottleKnight Podima
5) CCKeane
6) Dick Bastardly
7) Hal Incandenza
8) IllegallySober
9) Jonathan Fisk Meinberg Alasdair Crawfish
10) merk Pinterest Mom merk again
11) Moatillata
12) Monathin
13) SalTheBard
14) Slamburger
15) Tired Moritz

Night 0: An obscene number of people were massacred early in the morning of day 1.
Day 1: Tired Moritz, Ignacio, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), died.
Day 2: Anomalous Amalgam, Sofia, Constable (council-aligned naive cop), executed.
Night 2: Nobody died during the night, hm, isn't that peculiar? Most unusual, at least.
Day 3: SalTheBard, Luis, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: Alasdair, Victoria, Follower (cult-aligned cultist), died.
Day 4: b-minus1, Natalia, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: Hal Incandenza, Isabella, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Slamburger, Samuel, Cleric (council-aligned doctor), died.
Day 5: merk, Albert "St." Leroux, Prophet (cult-aligned recruiter), executed.

GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 17, 2018

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

rip pinterest mom

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
doin it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mayhaps this goes better than the last time!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Me me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
let's do it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

rip pinterest mom

Just noticed but drat you’re right, 2 games in a row

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll play

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sub list please.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll play, but man it's gonna be really hard to only post while inebriated.

:s: Moatillata's Liver, organ (town-aligned vanilla), was killed night 1. :s:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sweet

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
we are over halfway there woo! tell more of your friends, I don't have any, I drove them all away by being ecco t. raven.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ok

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll play. I've been forging my mafia skills in the himalayas

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'll give this game through the weekend to fill. If it hasn't filled by 8pm PDT on Monday I'll close it down and try again later

I hope it fills though!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here to fill this game. Or at least a bit less than 7% of the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

rip pinterest mom

what happened to pinterest mom

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

People should sign up for this game. I'm going to completely change my meta and be a real tryhard.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

:rip: Pinterest Mom, Martin Burkhardt, Banker (town-aligned capitalist), was killed N0. :rip:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i can play two roles

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

People should sign up for this game. I'm going to completely change my meta and be a real tryhard.

not if i vig you first bk

ecco give me two vigs pls

or tracker

other demands may be forthcoming at a future date

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

not if i vig you first bk

ecco give me two vigs pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_Ijr621tM

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-181oAf4qc

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I will play

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm in for my 3rd Ecco game!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Just got my town role pm. Nice

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Just got my town role pm. Nice

Lies

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just got my scum role pm

is this how it works??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Weird, my PM just said I was the best and that I won. Hope I don't get modkilked for posting it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Legendary mercenary reporting in, ready for another battle.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
give every town a 1x day vig tia

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hey we need just one more person? im ready to get someone mad at me so they'll change my avatar again

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

If nobody shows up by Ecco's recruiting deadline, move me from sub list and we can play. Otherwise, keep me as a sub. :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

If nobody shows up by Ecco's recruiting deadline, move me from sub list and we can play. Otherwise, keep me as a sub. :)

Didn't you learn your lesson about subs the last time you played an Ecco game?????

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 28, 2018

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

Didn't you learn your lesson about substhe lat tune you played an Ecco game?????

:rimshot:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sorry for the atrocious auto correct there!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Game when

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Game when

##shoot b-minus1

now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm assuming nobody else will sign up in the next two hours and so hooray the game is filled! :toot:

I'll write role PMs over the next few days. I am expecting a start time of Thursday afternoon, with a Monday deadline. Hooray!

• Locked thread