Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

i just had a job interview and i'm nervous as hell, want to be nervous as hell about mafia instead

i'm going to vote for moat, bc it rhymes

Et tu brute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:69snypa:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
pmom has given you his spot, merk. congrats you're in!

I am going to have the game up tonight. Slammed with work this week but I believe I can do it, I'm pretty incredible.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

I am going to have the game up tonight. Slammed with work this week but I believe I can do it, I'm pretty incredible.

But if you believe in yourself, doesn't that mean you're credible instead?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

But if you believe in yourself, doesn't that mean you're credible instead?

Ecco meant to say intolerable, just a typo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

EccoRaven posted:

You are incredible :-3

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm working on them and will not finish by tonight, sorry, but not very sorry, but still a bit sorry. I have the morning off so hopefully I can finish them by then??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I'm working on them and will not finish by tonight, sorry, but not very sorry, but still a bit sorry. I have the morning off so hopefully I can finish them by then??

Formal apology please

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nobody died this time I just like drinking after work rather than writing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

nobody died this time I just like drinking after work rather than writing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I accept this apology

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

nobody died this time I just like drinking after work rather than writing. \_(ツ)_/

:cheerdoge:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

:guinness:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Drunk ecco prose might be interesting :getin:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm an adult, I don't write or post while drunk, and neither should any of you!! See the rules!!!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh so *that's* why we never see you anymore :henget:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Post hammered, get slammered.

Friends don't let friends post drunk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I'm an adult, I don't write or post while drunk, and neither should any of you!! See the rules!!!!!

Pfft, children don't drink. (Or at least they shouldn't)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Post hammered, get slammered.

Friends don't let friends post drunk.

Pffft. All this drunk shaming.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've done my worst mafia drunk. I won't tell you what game, but it was heinous.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

It was that one game where you were pleasant, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

oh, i know this one

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jonathan Fisk posted:

oh so *that's* why we never see you anymore :henget:

one of many.

I will definitely absolutely no foolin' have the roles done tonight. Alas would that role writing were billable hours. I'll keep the deadline to Monday so things don't lag too hard over the weekend.

My apologies, as usual.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Take your time Ecco we are all patient here

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Take your time Ecco we are all patients here

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

I'll keep the deadline to Monday so things don't lag too hard over the weekend.

only if I get to go on the sub this time

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

only if I get to go on the sub this time

I'll go with you this time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think in the future I will give my role PM finishing estimates via rough percentage odds. so like getting them done by Thursday was a 40%, getting them done this morning was closer to 20%, and getting them done tonight is closer to 80%.

though to be honest, as of this post, it's 100%, because role PMs are going out now.

hooray!

please please please do not post some variation of "confirmed!" in the thread. It's really annoying. I assume you got it. If you didn't, message me privately.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
STANDARD FORM PREGAME

Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm" type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Varinn - Valerie - Villager (town-aligned)
It all happened so suddenly. Today is market day, the most important day of the week. It's the day the market is open and everyone shows off what they've hunted, fished, caught, grown, made, and crafted in the past week. The stalls are set up neatly, and practically the whole town is there buying things for the upcoming week.
Today was like every other day. You were happily in the market, buying bread and fish and vegetables and some fruit that arrived in a shipment just this morning. Things were fairly ordinary, until a strange, cloaked figure stood up on a podium. He loudly cleared his throat, and shouted, loudly enough for all to hear, albeit faintly: "everyone listening to me right now, grab the sharpest thing near you, and kill the first person you see that isn't me."
What happened next was as weird as it was horrifying. You felt your mind go blank. Your smile descended, and you saw your arms reaching for a knife, or a sharpened piece of ceramic tile, or even a pointy stone - you can't quite remember. Then you turned ninety-degrees and swung madly at the first person you saw. You stabbed at their throat, you stabbed into their eyes, you stabbed in their gut. You didn't do it in anger or fear or malice, in fact inside your head you were screaming to stop, but you couldn't help yourself. When your victim was dead, lying in a pool of blood (both their own and that of those nearby), you suddenly snapped back, as if waking up from a surreal dream.
And then you screamed.

You are a townie! You seek to restore peace and order to this town, and as such, win when all scum players are removed from the game.
You have no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Varinn, Valerie, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death the morning of day 1. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It was a massacre. Bodies were stacked in the market square amid pools of blood that reeked in the hot summer sun. The mayor declared a strict curfew, forbidding people from leaving their homes, though obviously that was never going to happen. Instead the villagers built a gallows along the shoreline and decided to play a little game of hangman. Whomever did this was a monster, and like all monsters, they needed a good being killed, if only so they couldn't hurt anyone else this way ever again.

:rip:
Dragnix, Cecilio, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
LITERALLY MAD IRL, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Lomil, Angelica, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
GodOfEvilCows, Arsene, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Garbageman, Florens, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Surec, Nazare, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Kingcobweb, Roque, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Pleadsthe5th, Jacinta, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Tube, Rubens, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Atoramos, Carl, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Fronz, Candida, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Varinn, Valerie, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
fitsfadda, Augustus, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Illandir, Miranda, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Dusz, Rogelio, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Khabuem, Florinda, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Dominion, Pepito, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Dominoes, Obduela, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
This Post Sucks, Heriberto, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
flatluigi, Maribel, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
xopods, Tancredo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
TaoJones, Telado, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
zzyzx, Rosario, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Mikujin, Cayetana, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Uranium Phoenix, Nicol, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Highwire, Eliseo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
walrusonthehill, Lupita, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
WeLandedOnTheMoon!, Priscilla, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
soru, Hildo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Somberbrero, Jonatan, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
casao, Clemente, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
DrScience9000, Manuel, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
MM, Mariana, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Mechanical Mandible, Adele, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Dead Cow, Paloma, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Dhaes, Desideria, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
ImPureAwesome, Delfine, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Flaggy, Santiago, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Cidrick, Jose, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Jose Velazquez, Bartolome, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
OG17, Serafine, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
Authorman, Feliciano, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
sloppo, Adrian, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
TLB, Merche, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.
waar, Baldomero, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death morning of day 1.

It is now Day 1.
:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, June 4th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / Tuesday, 1PM AEST.

Good luck!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not sloppo! Good riddance to LMIRL though

Apologies I haven’t had time to read my role PM yet. I’m hoping to read it by tomorrow night but I can’t make any promises

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not sloppo! Good riddance to LMIRL though

I used to PM LMIRL once a year to see if he was still alive.

circa 2014 he stopped responding. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There are like 10 people on that list even I haven’t heard of. You are a Mafia institution Ecco

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I used to PM LMIRL once a year to see if he was still alive.

circa 2014 he stopped responding. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh no!

Illandir/waar :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Sal only way to be safe

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

rip to those who died

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

dont copy and paste that, I took me effort.

also I only recognize two dead people :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Im not saying it and Ecco can’t make me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-5nist-qeQ

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (14): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, BottleKnight, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, IllegallySober, Jonathan Fisk, merk, Moatillata, Monathin, SalTheBard, Slamburger, Tired Moritz

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days from this post.

:D

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Sal only way to be safe

##Vote Hal According to Fisk Hal is the best player in the history of Mafia, we don't stand a chance against him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
waits for the screaming to subside

Welp, time to get to work

• Locked thread