Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

I'll hold off for B-, then.

Appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I didn’t really get the thread of how AA indicated Pod is cult either

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

I’m just happy that someone else finally agrees with me that pod is scum/cult/whatever haha. Obviously keane needs to explain himself more. But for now I am more than happy to be the first to vote pod

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sure.

So the big discussion before was "WHY WOULD POD DO THAT IF HE WAS SCUM", but that doesn't cover the possibility of an alignment change happening OR the possibility of Pod being scum and not picked up on by AA, which jives with the flavor of AA's results.

If Pod is scum, then his behavior as a cult member makes 100% sense. It's the play to make, you eliminate a power role, end up looking townie, and if AA flips cop, clears you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

AA. Most pertinently. Why in God’s name would I counter you if I was scum and you claimed a town flavor result on me, naive claim or not?

This point is no longer relevant.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Keane what’s your alignment? Not asking you to fullclaim, just alignment

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Mine is very similar to the sample PM listed as well.

I thought I explicitly claimed earlier, but looks like I just hinted at it. I am town aligned.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

Wild-aligned:
1. Atomic Soda, claimed PGO

Council-aligned:
1. Anomalous Amalgam, Sofia, Constable (council-aligned naive cop)
2. Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop)
3. merk, claimed council-aligned
4. moatilla, claimed council-aligned

Town-aligned:
1. Tired Moritz, Ignacio, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
2. Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
3. SalTheBard, Luis, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
4. Hal, claimed town-aligned vanilla
5. b-minus, claimed town aligned

Cult-aligned:
1. Alasdair, Victoria, Follower (cult-aligned cultist)

unknown alignments:
Podima
Illegally Sober
Keane
Slamburger

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

correct, though i am town i'll flip wild aligned.

Slamburger posted:

I see no harm in claiming: I'm Council

are you council or town who will flip council? i'm feeling pedantic.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Thanks.

Now how do we explain alasadair’s death? Obviously cult didn’t kill him. I would imagine his cult teammates would advise against trying to cult AS.

I think I already said this but any vig, town or 3p should consider claiming.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Also it really hurt us. I really believe the PGO claim now because it would make sense to have one to offset the cult recruiter

yep :/

i'm gunna be alone at the end with a bunch of cultists aren't i

merk whats your read on pod? forget me, for just a moment.

Podima posted:

Pinterest Mom:
- Not a lot of posts but the posts they have show engagement/thinking
- Disagree with their read on Moat as hedgey but I see where it's coming from
- Some good stuff from D1 even as a replacement
- This post made me go hmm:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Notable that Slam's posting has been 100% focused on mechanics and wording, and not on reads on people

But Slam's cased people today and did catch the "naive cop" thing from the OP vs. flip.

PMom, thoughts on Hal and moat today? You've mentioned them previously, would like to hear where that's gone.

hi pod, i wanted to ask you about this again and why that pmom post read as town to you, apologies if i missed the answer first time round

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks.

Now how do we explain alasadair’s death? Obviously cult didn’t kill him. I would imagine his cult teammates would advise against trying to cult AS.

I think I already said this but any vig, town or 3p should consider claiming.

yeah he didn't visit me if flavour to be believed. can a follower even recruit?

the other kill from n1 was db, who was a lunch candidate. so someone suspicious and someone not posting/cult. not sure a vig should claim though esp if they have charges left.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello I'm not culted. I am not town-aligned, but I am a town-friendly third party. My flavor is that I was a former cop victimized by St. Leroux (the guy who mindcontrolled the town into massacre) twenty years ago - I got kicked off the force for not arresting him, and have been after him for years since. My win condition is to see St. Leroux dead. My PM specifically indicates that this win condition is not mutually exclusive to town's, but I am self-aligned.

I don't want to fullclaim at this point but this is useful information for town to know:
- I killed Dick Bastardly on Night 1 because at the time I was very suss on him (as you will see by my attempts to push a vote near deadline). I admit to being mistaken about thinking he was PR hunting in my first post on D2, I realized this after I submitted my night action.
- I killed Alasdair last night. My rationale should be obvious.

I specifically had two different methods of killing, hence variance in flavor. The "suicide" kill on N1 is the only non-me kill in the game and fits with St. Leroux's flavor, so I can only conclude that scum kills are being blocked and/or other stuff is happening. I have a wild theory about the "cult" but I'll save it for another post.

This is also why I came down like a ton of bricks on AA when he produced a town result on me, because I knew it was simply not true.

Same basic idea for Sal - when St. Leroux mind-controlled me 20 years ago in my flavor, I was intensely aware of what I was being forced to do.

----

While rereading my PM, I also noticed something interesting. My PM flavor is quite clear that the survivors of the massacre were specifically the people who were NOT at the marketplace on market day when it all went down. In light of that, this feels like a slip:

Hal Incandenza posted:

That fits, I’m VT and I was just better at killing everyone before they got me

Is anyone willing to claim flavor for survival that sounds similar to this? I realize that the VT PM looks something like that, and I'm wondering if that's a bit of an Ecco trick.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

So I am guessing council-aligned are non-VT town then, I suppose that makes an Ecco sort of sense

That definitely makes wild-aligned sound 3p/scum for sure.

I don't like that Hal presents this as his takeaway after merk/Slamburger have claimed council but before any confirmation of being non-VT. If anything, THIS feels like someone who is thinking about where the PRs are.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also what is the value-add of saying that as town? Why point out the PRs? I had guessed that council-aligned was PRs a day or two back after AA flipped, which is why I basically never cased moat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

So you're now outing yourself as a power role, Slam?

I should have combined this with the previous two posts - why ask this question? What is the benefit to town here?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Hence my reaction

Also it seemed like bminus treated it the same way but I guess I'm missing something with the post and flip

Moatillata posted:

And I'm still not seeing what you're saying. Bminus can you explain it to me please since you seem to have figured it out

CCKeane posted:

b-minus1 posted:

I’m just happy that someone else finally agrees with me that pod is scum/cult/whatever haha. Obviously keane needs to explain himself more. But for now I am more than happy to be the first to vote pod

Also this interaction makes me feel better about Keane, since I too was suspicious of b- agreeing so readily with Keane's post when I had no idea what he was getting at. I still don't think b's answer is terribly good, but I can still see this as falling into his tunneling frustrated town from the previous days.

---

Keane - one powerful argument against me being cult: If I was cult on the previous day, I would absolutely have demanded that you be recruited last night based on our gentleman's agreement from the last Eccogame that I never got a chance to deliver on.

---

My crackpot theory about the cult - the flavor mentions that Johnmeindair was willing to kill for him. I'm wondering if the cult does not have free recruitment - but is instead just a reskinned scumteam with a night kill (as evidenced by D1), to go with all the other alignment fuckery in this game. For example, why in god's name would ANY cult recruiter recruit JFisk/Meinberg/Alasdair with the constant revolving door of replacements and garbage posts? I think it's more likely that Fiskbergfish started the game as a baddie. (That's not discounting the possibility of recruitment altogether, but I don't think it's a standard free-recruit cult.) That would also explain the existence of a cult cop alongside a naive cop and (presumably) some other kind of alignment cop to go with the wacky alignments in this game - the cult cop would be the useful one, while the alignment cops would be red herrings for town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn’t even notice the sample PM because I’m a terrible person but that’s pretty much exactly my PM

Also I had the same idea you did Pod re: cult being the scum this game after yesterday’s flip.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Also what is the value-add of saying that as town? Why point out the PRs? I had guessed that council-aligned was PRs a day or two back after AA flipped, which is why I basically never cased moat.

What’s the point of saying it as scum when I could just say it in my scumchat? I said it because alignments are odd this game and I was thinking it out with everyone else because sharing info is important in this game. I assume scum already figured that out since they are more invested in needing that info

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Hello I'm not culted. I am not town-aligned, but I am a town-friendly third party. My flavor is that I was a former cop victimized by St. Leroux (the guy who mindcontrolled the town into massacre) twenty years ago - I got kicked off the force for not arresting him, and have been after him for years since. My win condition is to see St. Leroux dead. My PM specifically indicates that this win condition is not mutually exclusive to town's, but I am self-aligned.

I don't want to fullclaim at this point but this is useful information for town to know:
- I killed Dick Bastardly on Night 1 because at the time I was very suss on him (as you will see by my attempts to push a vote near deadline). I admit to being mistaken about thinking he was PR hunting in my first post on D2, I realized this after I submitted my night action.

I specifically had two different methods of killing, hence variance in flavor. The "suicide" kill on N1 is the only non-me kill in the game and fits with St. Leroux's flavor, so I can only conclude that scum kills are being blocked and/or other stuff is happening. I have a wild theory about the "cult" but I'll save it for another post.

This is also why I came down like a ton of bricks on AA when he produced a town result on me, because I knew it was simply not true.

Same basic idea for Sal - when St. Leroux mind-controlled me 20 years ago in my flavor, I was intensely aware of what I was being forced to do.

----

While rereading my PM, I also noticed something interesting. My PM flavor is quite clear that the survivors of the massacre were specifically the people who were NOT at the marketplace on market day when it all went down. In light of that, this feels like a slip:

Is anyone willing to claim flavor for survival that sounds similar to this? I realize that the VT PM looks something like that, and I'm wondering if that's a bit of an Ecco trick.

What is the actual name of your alignment

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pod did you try to kill anyone night 2?

worried moat has been culted given he's the other person who claimed council day 1

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

What is the actual name of your alignment

Self-aligned, explicitly.

Atomic Soda posted:

pod did you try to kill anyone night 2?

No.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

What’s the point of saying it as scum when I could just say it in my scumchat? I said it because alignments are odd this game and I was thinking it out with everyone else because sharing info is important in this game. I assume scum already figured that out since they are more invested in needing that info

It feels like non-content to me, rather than something coming from a townie point of view. Alignments are one thing but PR chat is another.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Pod who are your top candidate(s?) for cult or lethal non-town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Also this interaction makes me feel better about Keane, since I too was suspicious of b- agreeing so readily with Keane's post when I had no idea what he was getting at. I still don't think b's answer is terribly good, but I can still see this as falling into his tunneling frustrated town from the previous days.

---

Keane - one powerful argument against me being cult: If I was cult on the previous day, I would absolutely have demanded that you be recruited last night based on our gentleman's agreement from the last Eccogame that I never got a chance to deliver on.

---

My crackpot theory about the cult - the flavor mentions that Johnmeindair was willing to kill for him. I'm wondering if the cult does not have free recruitment - but is instead just a reskinned scumteam with a night kill (as evidenced by D1), to go with all the other alignment fuckery in this game. For example, why in god's name would ANY cult recruiter recruit JFisk/Meinberg/Alasdair with the constant revolving door of replacements and garbage posts? I think it's more likely that Fiskbergfish started the game as a baddie. (That's not discounting the possibility of recruitment altogether, but I don't think it's a standard free-recruit cult.) That would also explain the existence of a cult cop alongside a naive cop and (presumably) some other kind of alignment cop to go with the wacky alignments in this game - the cult cop would be the useful one, while the alignment cops would be red herrings for town.

I'm reading this and just shooting air out the sides of my mouth and thinking about this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

----

My flavor is also that I was not in the town while the massacre happened.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

My flavor is also that I was not in the town while the massacre happened.

Ugh, edit: my flavor also confirms that I was not in the town while the massacre happened.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think we are at a point where everyone needs to claim. At the very least, we need to know alignment, and then go from there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I think we are at a point where everyone needs to claim. At the very least, we need to know alignment, and then go from there.

Let's go with flavor as well.

I was fishing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Holy poo poo. I just read my whole pm for the first time lol. I was in the market and I stabbed someone in the eye and gut. Because the voice told me to. . Fuckin rekt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo. I just read my whole pm for the first time lol. I was in the market and I stabbed someone in the eye and gut. Because the voice told me to. . Fuckin rekt

Yeah I hosed some dudes up there too, feel kinda bad but the voice made so yeah

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote: Pod

I believe you're self aligned. I don't believe your win condition aligns with town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I pretty much already claimed but I was hiding under a desk when the whole thing went down.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Pod who are your top candidate(s?) for cult or lethal non-town

Strongest on Hal, beyond that here are my iffy secondaries with pros/cons:

IS
- Scum: I can't put my finger on it but I feel like they've been on the periphery a lot this game.
- Town: I don't feel that town would have done the "ok let's thunderdome" yesterday, that's a step further than I'd suspect scum of going.

Merk
- Scum: the dwelling on AS is really Not Good at this point.
- Town: Their claim of council-aligned seems genuine-ish? Looking back at PMom's early game posting I see hints at that as well. Council doesn't mean guaranteed town but still it's something.

(On the topic of Merk/AS:

Atomic Soda posted:

hi pod, i wanted to ask you about this again and why that pmom post read as town to you, apologies if i missed the answer first time round

I'm not sure what you're asking here? It was a fair callout of Slamburger at the time, over-focus on setup spec/mechanics vs. casing is a no-no.)

I also don't like bminus' "oops i just read my PM for the first time and I was in the market lol!" but I'm making myself not glare too hard at that because it may be partially omgus.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Pod

I believe you're self aligned. I don't believe your win condition aligns with town.

Why do you say this? Do you have reason to believe that you win with St. Leroux?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pod your entire claim really feels like stickups nola aligned claim from shine. Do you have unlimited vigs?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi pod, does anything specific happen if the cult tries to recruit you?

Podima posted:

i live outside the village and visit like once a year. i was skinning a deer when i heard the ruckus and came to check it out.

why would bminus come out and say this isn't the case with him do you reckon?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not claiming brutal redirector, come on now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

hi pod, does anything specific happen if the cult tries to recruit you?

Decline to answer.

quote:

why would bminus come out and say this isn't the case with him do you reckon?

Frankly I don't know what to make of it. It may be just me chasing shadows, but I still would vote Hal separate from the flavor stuff.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm. This is the first time I’m hearing about St. Leroux outside of the thread title. I just figured it was the name of the city or something haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I feel like I just wanna murder half the people in this game

• Locked thread