Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Altho I am very sure he needs to die today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hi friends, I'm cult, ama.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have all manner of literature to give to you, and a proposal if we're ALL GOING TO BE REAL COOL FOR A MINUTE.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nope gently caress that don't cover for merk cckeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The saint is BP and cannot be killed during the night. Pod is lying.

We execute Pod, recruit everybody else into cult by no executing a bunch, and we all win.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

We execute Pod, recruit everybody else into cult by no executing a bunch, and we all win.

Yup that's why merk did the kill himself cause Alasdair was doing it the other night wasn't he

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I don't think you have a recruit

This is a b.s. gambit because I caught your saint

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Yup that's why merk did the kill himself cause Alasdair was doing it the other night wasn't he

Don't know what happened previously, I was recruited last night.

I'm not terribly a fan of alignment changing mechanics, but I'm laying this on the table. Obviously, high risk high reward strategy for me, but I figure it is viable enough to not be playing against my wincon while promising to get me out of the game fast.

So. Pretty nice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Also I don't think you have a recruit

This is a b.s. gambit because I caught your saint

Count the kills and the protective roles.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Count the kills and the protective roles.

Hmm let's see

Night 1: Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), died.

Night 2: Nobody died during the night, hm, isn't that peculiar? Most unusual, at least.

Night 3: Alasdair, Victoria, Follower (cult-aligned cultist), died.

Night 4: Hal Incandenza, Isabella, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Slamburger, Samuel, Cleric (council-aligned doctor), died.

Pretty simple night that no one died pod withheld and the doc stopped your scum kill.

One kill on n3 because Alasdair was supposed to carry out the kill and pod killed him

That explains it all

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
There is no way anyone recruited meinberg

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Hmm let's see

Night 1: Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), died.

Night 2: Nobody died during the night, hm, isn't that peculiar? Most unusual, at least.

Night 4: Hal Incandenza, Isabella, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died. Slamburger, Samuel, Cleric (council-aligned doctor), died.

Pretty simple night that no one died pod withheld and the doc stopped your scum kill.

One kill on n3 because Alasdair was supposed to carry out the kill and pod killed him

That explains it all

Welp, if you're convinced.

Pod sorry for blowing your spot, if I thought I could win the game with you I would have. vOv

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to recruit you last, Moat, because you're mean to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

For starters, how is everyone gonna win if your recruiter can't visit the claimed PGO?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Welp, if you're convinced.

Really the plan should be

We lynch merk

Pod kills you

And if pod really does win with us then he wins

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

For starters, how is everyone gonna win if your recruiter can't visit the claimed PGO?

Recruiter is BP, it's how I know Pod is lying.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

We lynch merk

Pod kills you

And if pod really does win with us then he wins

Do what thou whilst.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to recruit you last, Moat, because you're mean to me.

:(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean, you are above average in my heart but you treat me so cruelly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look, this is a sticky game, I'm presenting the option where I feel the most people win, I'm not going to be crying if it doesn't work out, let's just be cool here.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Moat:Pod did you want to comment on any of This?

Pod:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:thediscourse:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Hmm let's see

That explains it all

I like this. I agree there's no way in hell anyone recruited Alasdair/Meinberg/JFisk, and Keane was going incredibly hard on me all day yesterday which makes sense as a threat to cult.

Thinking it through, either cult can't recruit (so it's renamed scum and my recruitment immunity is a red herring) or there has to be some kind of limitation on their recruitment. Otherwise with how many town have died it'd be game over, and if merk did the kill last night based on what moat's saying then Keane has to have been either cult from the start or recruited on a previous night. His story doesn't add up and I feel like this cultclaim is a hail mary with merk being seen doing the kill per moat's first post of the day.

What also doesn't add up though is that merk went really hard on Keane till partway through yesterday before backing off altogether. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Ultimately I think this is it:

Moatillata posted:

We lynch merk

Pod kills you

And when pod really does win with us then he wins

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

I like this. I agree there's no way in hell anyone recruited Alasdair/Meinberg/JFisk, and Keane was going incredibly hard on me all day yesterday which makes sense as a threat to cult.

Thinking it through, either cult can't recruit (so it's renamed scum and my recruitment immunity is a red herring) or there has to be some kind of limitation on their recruitment. Otherwise with how many town have died it'd be game over, and if merk did the kill last night based on what moat's saying then Keane has to have been either cult from the start or recruited on a previous night. His story doesn't add up and I feel like this cultclaim is a hail mary with merk being seen doing the kill per moat's first post of the day.

What also doesn't add up though is that merk went really hard on Keane till partway through yesterday before backing off altogether. I'm not sure what to make of that.

If you were a threat to cult, they'd kill you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pod isn't a threat to cult since he can't kill the cult recruiter. He's a threat to town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah but he's one pod and you are legion

We need to bring your numbers down a bit and if he doesn't win with town, well we will have to deal with that

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Pod isn't a threat to cult since he can't kill the cult recruiter.

Mhm sure is good to trust anything the claimed cultist says.

Also don't you worry about that, your recruiter isn't as safe as he thinks he is. :D

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Assuming there even IS a recruiter.

Moat, thoughts? It likely doesn't matter in the short term but my current read is that the recruitment thing is either a bluff or severely limited.

Thinking about it, if we've had one cultist flip and it's Day 5, there can't have been recruitment every day since a) a kill happened on N1, and b) we'd be endgamed with 4 cultists alive including recruiter if a recruitment happened each night. Right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Yeah but he's one pod and you are legion

We need to bring your numbers down a bit and if he doesn't win with town, well we will have to deal with that

Join us, friend.

Podima posted:

Mhm sure is good to trust anything the claimed cultist says.

Also don't you worry about that, your recruiter isn't as safe as he thinks he is. :D

I mean, I get where you're coming from, why just the other day I was arguing that we shouldn't trust what a 3P aligned player says, but here we are.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Wait so your flavor literally says you cannot be recruited? What does it say about this

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Cult is a normal scum team, or cult can recruit and I'm jumping on the grenade, take your pick.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Assuming there even IS a recruiter.

Moat, thoughts? It likely doesn't matter in the short term but my current read is that the recruitment thing is either a bluff or severely limited.

Thinking about it, if we've had one cultist flip and it's Day 5, there can't have been recruitment every day since a) a kill happened on N1, and b) we'd be endgamed with 4 cultists alive including recruiter if a recruitment happened each night. Right?

I'm not in a position to do the math rn I am entertaining and doing a bad job of it if one of the kind citizens of my town could do it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is the really funny part.

My flavor says I know how St. Leroux works because he mind-controlled me with his voice 20 years ago and made me eat a penny, so I cast a Silence spell on my ears every day start/end (yes that's what it says) to make myself temporarily deaf.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And I know Ecco didn't write that for me specifically because I inherited this from BK, which makes it even funnier.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I do have to say, I am enjoying this day in particular and I like playing with both Moat and Pod a great deal.

LET US ALL WIN TOGETHER, EXCEPT FOR POD (sorry Pod.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The more that I read Keane earlygame, the more I think it makes sense that he was cult from the start and that cult is just reskinned scum. He went SUPER hard on AS on Day 1 (as a threat cult couldn't deal with easily), and only pivoted off of it when Mona hard-backed her with a power role claim of his own and a non-town alignment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

The more that I read Keane earlygame, the more I think it makes sense that he was cult from the start and that cult is just reskinned scum. He went SUPER hard on AS on Day 1 (as a threat cult couldn't deal with easily), and only pivoted off of it when Mona hard-backed her with a power role claim of his own and a non-town alignment.

Okay, so cult is regular scum, then why am I revealing myself?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Okay, so cult is regular scum, then why am I revealing myself?

That's what I'm wrestling with! Maybe to try and get heat off of merk somehow for some reason. Maybe you didn't see merk was seen before you posted. Maybe you feel cult is hosed since there's a ton of PRs left. I dunno! It's another problem for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

That's what I'm wrestling with! Maybe to try and get heat off of merk somehow for some reason. Maybe you didn't see merk was seen before you posted. Maybe you feel cult is hosed since there's a ton of PRs left. I dunno! It's another problem for another day.

None of these fit how I play, come on now. I go down swinging and I read the thread.

So you're left that I'm trying to save merk. But that only makes sense if there nerk is the recruiter. So now you're back to me being recruited.

• Locked thread