Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll play, but man it's gonna be really hard to only post while inebriated.

:s: Moatillata's Liver, organ (town-aligned vanilla), was killed night 1. :s:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im just gonna vote for scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I know this is controversial but I gotta be me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Please to turn on your monitor thank you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

i just had a job interview and i'm nervous as hell, want to be nervous as hell about mafia instead

i'm going to vote for moat, bc it rhymes

Et tu brute

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:69snypa:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
waits for the screaming to subside

Welp, time to get to work

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also yeah I unvote revote etc...blah blah

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also my flavor really made the massacre seem like some weird poo poo like church scene from kingsmen level messed up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Confirming. I've also been drinking. Deal with it.

##unvote ##vote the establishment

:cheerdoge:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

moat are u a scum this game, pls answer truthfully

We are on a roll so long as you aren't scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

:drat:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

I got bitten by a dog and I think I need to get an injection

:getin:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote hal

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hal knows what he did

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont get the joke

Don't sign your posts

Unfortunately now that scum knows AS is a PGO if they have a redirect they essentially get a free extra kill

This saddens me but I will vote her to prevent this, however, I am not gonna vote her atm because I am still holding out hope to murder scum atm

Like Hal who is scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

What Does It Mean

I believe her claim which means she is likely town and would not like to execute her as it does nothing to forward the game for town but waste a lynch and give the scum a free nk

I would prefer to lynch someone who is actually on the scum team

Barring that her lynch is better than say, a lurker lynch (which frequently happens d1) since we avoid redirect shenanigans with the PGO

I feel like I shouldn't have to spell this out to you beek

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Slamburger posted:

I'm a Schrodinger Miller: I don't even know my own alignment until I die.

How long have you been keeping this one in the box

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

sal's appears to be a joke vote but the other two are weird.

i asked moat why and he said

help me understand moat!

mona's vote i don't get either

can you go more into this? what's kicking off the scum vibe?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

the moral of the story is that you should never claim in d1 because its such a drat hassle.

So, why did you claim you were scum?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

because it was joke phase

Hold on

channels the spirit of Pinterest mom

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would like to see Keane respond to AS's case

if he would only stop lurking

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Okay.

AS is wrong.

Ta-da!

:tipshat:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

My role is similar to AS's claimed role, in that I am going to flip a suspicious alignment on my death, that I cannot confirm is the scum alignment.

Can confirm this is true for my role. I am not a death Miller tho

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Soda does your role specifically say you are scum or mafia aligned or whatever or does it just make your alignment ambiguous

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will flip as something other than town and I am town aligned. This makes 100% sense to me I just think soda didn't fully understand what being a Miller means

I really don't wanna kill her now and I think AAs vote and TMs votes are p lovely

Also Keane is coming off as extremely defensive like he has something to prove which makes me think soda may be right about her scum call on Keane.

Right now I would vote AA, TM, or Keane

Imma start with Keane and see what happens

##unvote
##vote cckeane

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SalTheBard posted:

Just to clarify on a PGO - They kill anyone that visits them regardless if they are friendly or not correct?

Yeah

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "something to prove?"

I'm leaning away from an AS vote for now because she's both claimed her role outright and has been making reads. The PGO piece may still be a problem but I'd prefer to give it a day or two to see if we wind up with multiple kills and then revisit.

Look at his response to my request for his response

He gave a snarky response, went back and cleaned it up and then doubled down even more and tried to find a case for it

He could have just let it go at the first response and it would have been fine and I've seen him do that in previous games.

Also wrt to this

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm, very interesting.

I still don’t get why scum would vote for a claimed pgo though.

We are assuming there is a redirector but there may not be one in which case it would behoove scum to push the soda lynch in which all parties are blameless and doesn't give us a bunch of info.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Another thought is she may be 3p but with my flavor and Monas flavor and the fact that this is an eccogame I am really inclined to believe what she's saying

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry for being more dense than usual, but why exactly are we assuming there is a redirector?

If there is a redirector, the smart play would be to keep AS alive, and then redirect a town player to target the pgo. IMO
Though now that I think about it, scum would want to kill AS to prevent a town power role forcing one of them to visit Soda.
Lol, this is what I get for trying to play night action mafia on d1

Okay, so when you said this

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm, very interesting.

I still don’t get why scum would vote for a claimed pgo though.

Why do you think scum WOULDN'T vote for the claimed PGO if you weren't assuming redirector

MY EYE IS UPON YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm skimming at work, to clarify, we're talking about this exchange and his posts right after?

Yeah

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

err what did i misinterpret drat it? isn't deathmiller a townie who doesn't flip townie?

mafiascum wiki posted:

A rather controversial twist is the Death Miller, whose alignment is shown as "Mafia" by the Moderator upon death. This has been argued and discussed in Ethics Threads as a source of distrust in the Moderator, which most people feel should not be tolerated. Thus, the Death Miller is an particularly scarcely-used role even in bastard mod games.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

I'd like to toss this same series of questions to Moat.

Council aligned

MY first post is the hint as to why I wasn't murdered

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will try to be around before deadline to change my vote if need be but it will be difficult.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

Sober's turn on Keane after he and I had our huge discussion is -really- weird and I would not voting for him today due to that.

This is my feeling on sober as well. Catching up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Didn't see the tide had changed.

I cannot lmao hard enough at this Dicky b

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would also vote TM as said before

Pod I'm feeling you're a force for good rn but we shall see

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

i watched u last night

you know what i saw

This is actually a funny and good joke

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Tired Moritz (4): Pinterest Mom, Podima, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Monathin, -Podima
Atomic Soda (3): CCKeane, Slamburger, Tired Moritz, b-minus1, -b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, -CCKeane, b-minus1, -Slamburger, Dick Bastardly, -Dick Bastardly
CCKeane (3): Atomic Soda, Moatillata, IllegallySober
Dick Bastardly (1): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober, Podima, -Podima, Podima
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Hal Incandenza (0): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard, -Moatillata, -Monathin
Lynch No One! (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): Meinberg, SalTheBard, Slamburger

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 minutes from this post.

:D

• Locked thread