Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming I'm in this game. I was reading along as usual but am doing a "hey actually a player now" reread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

Emphasis mine. I'd vote AS right now for this mismatch between what I recall her saying later that Keane jumped on, but at the same time I'm struggling with something that I'm uncertain anyone has answered thus far: Why does a scum ASoda make this play right out of the gate, unprompted?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Emphasis mine. I'd vote AS right now for this mismatch between what I recall her saying later that Keane jumped on, but at the same time I'm struggling with something that I'm uncertain anyone has answered thus far: Why does a scum ASoda make this play right out of the gate, unprompted?

Mafia edit: By which I mean her talking about being copped.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I assumed there was a tip off between that post and tagging Mona and BK.

I appreciate that you actually thought this through as part of your push on AS, cheers as that makes me feel better about you. That's a valid point. As the far more attractive successor of BK I can confirm that I have no connection to AS!

That point aside which I hadn't actually thought about, my initial thoughts on AS' claim are that it seems to come from a genuine place - PGO can be just as much of a liability for town as an asset, and frankly it's a role I'd hate to be given. I don't blame her for just claiming right out of the gate.

On the topic of flavor my own flavor implies a lot of ambiguity over alignments as well, so n'thing that assessment.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Christ this av is terrible.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also clarifying, I'm coming around on ASoda as I continue my reread, despite the cop thing I pointed out initially. Given what I've seen of her play, she's good but not super duper detail oriented so I can totally see her losing the thread on the cop thing between posts. The fact that she's cited the wiki a bunch means she put actual thought into the role's utility.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?

DickB is PR hunting here, if this is his first thought upon reading AS' mention of BK/Mona. Not good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

On that same line of thinking, AS probably lied about knowing BK and Mona are PRs.....?

So I guess either way it looks bad for AS. I dunno.

I should have quoted this with the previous post, so consider it a mafia edit I suppose. He feels self-conscious need to clarify himself and back away from pointing at the people he just called out as having PRs.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

AS might be scum goon trying to pull a gambit

What possible gambit would a scum goon have to make this claim? I want to hear you explain your train of thought to its conclusion here.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not inclined to analyze what's mostly jokesphase on a weekend, but i'll be round later

I would vote Meinberg for this, the thread was very clearly beyond jokephase and this is a blatant attempt to fake activity while not actually engaging with the content present in thread.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Pod, how are you reading the thread?

From the start on, and checking current posts every time I make a post because I'm incredibly egotistical and like seeing yellow.

This is where I'm at: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post484700921

Also sipping a whiskey sour.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

Hm I did skip this though, thank you. I glazed over it a bit because the rest of your post is thoughtfully analyzing the claim (and again it jibes with what you just said, though I missed it), whereas DickB's post only focuses on that. In that context though it's certainly not as significant as I thought it was.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Hello I’m here now. I did a read through, but I probably need another look at some stuff.

Initial thoughts please!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree Keane pushing the whole power role outing thing is weird af.

The way I see it, if lynching AS is the expected outcome of the claim, then why try to shade AS at all?

It's odd, and I don't like it. I think Keane is worthy of intense scrutiny moving forward.

This also doesn't sit well with me, in the context of Keane having posted about PRs first.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry, didn't really feel much like being present this weekend.

I still think AS is a Jester or maybe even a bomb. I've been a bomb in an ecco game and used it very dumbly. IF AS is a bomb, she's off to a much better start than I was.

I will say, I was town as a bomb and used my poor judgment to try and kill scum and I think this failed somehow, and I think the person I was going to try and kill was also not scum. It's been a while... I don't remember specifics.

I'll try and get some better reads up, but I don't feel comfortable offing AS just yet.

Felt worse about someone, but I'll do a reread at lunch if time permits, otherwise it'llbe to night.

This is a nothingburger of a post, the very essence of empty air. Who or what is the "someone" that you felt worse about? You were posting like this when we were scum together recently, except with more desperation as time went on.

(If there's IRL stuff going on, :glomp:)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

well, I think AS wants to get d1'd anyway so

##vote AS

This post, and Moritz's posting in general, pings me as falsely engaged. Also, going back to this:

Tired Moritz posted:

AS might be scum goon trying to pull a gambit

I question the need to specify "scum goon" here, and really want to hear TM explain exactly what the point of a scum goon fakeclaiming PGO immediately on D1 and asking to be executed is. Keane at least backed up his push with "maybe she's signaling teammates to minimize risk" which is reasonable since we did just come out of an Eccogame where scum couldn't talk during the day, but I'm not seeing the townie logic in TM's post here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd propose Keane, Hal or TM as alternatives for a lunch today.

Phone posting until an hour or two before deadline, so any requests for detailed cases on these players will be obliged at a later time.

Calling this for later. I see that you did mention each of these three individuals in your posting today but want those detailed cases.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All three of them have claimed to flip as non-town alignments.

I'd like opinions on IllegallySober and DickB. I've already made my points about DickB, but IllegallySober's posting is giving me ~vibes.~ It feels detached and forced, and this:

IllegallySober posted:

You essentially answered the first question in your previous post:

I feel very similar to you w/r/t AS's play in general. Regarding uncertainty; yes, I feel like the announced PGO in terms of scum possibly (likely) having a form of redirect is the bigger issue than the Miller piece of the claim.

I know the redirect was brought up multiple times, but the (((likely))) makes me raise an eyebrow since I don't see how that can be stated with confidence on D1.

Post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'd do TM. ##unvote ##vote TM

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just gonna re-emphasize this post:

Dick Bastardly posted:

After all this I've come around to believe the claim, so now I ask: What's the problem with keeping AS alive? She's essentially a vanilla town (assuming it's not a gambit)

What town in their right mind would visit her after all this?

Phone posting until an hour or two before deadline, so any requests for detailed cases on these players will be obliged at a later time.

Because then when votes were tied 3-3 between Keane and ASoda, he.... voted ASoda as his first vote of the day?

We should vote Dick instead of TM, IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be here till deadline so I'm putting my vote back: ##unvote ##vote DickB

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Pod what are you doing? Are you purposely trying to cause a no lynch

We piled up 5 votes on someone in minutes, it's fine.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok let's actually look at this since it's a valid point.

PMom Keane me B- DickB Mona are here and posting. (6)
ASoda said they'd be back before deadline.
Meinberg is here (visible in The Game Room)

That's 8 in all, and it's 8 to execute. Yes it's risky but it's worth calling out poo poo when I see it, and I can swap back if need be. Even securing TM is risky by your metric. Who do you think we should execute, if you're concerned about numbers?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

OK, just go back and read a few posts buddy

Please quote the posts I'm supposed to read because that was one of your most recent posts before you came back and voted AS.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I would also vote TM as said before

Pod I'm feeling you're a force for good rn but we shall see

i watched u last night

you know what i saw

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

i watched u last night

you know what i saw

ATTN THIS WAS A JOKE

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The flipping point I'm making is that before that, you came in and voted for AS instead of any of the 3 people you mentioned earlier in the day. Like I'm glad you quoted stuff but oy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Tired Moritz (4): Pinterest Mom, Podima, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Monathin, -Podima
Atomic Soda (3): CCKeane, Slamburger, Tired Moritz, b-minus1, -b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, -CCKeane, b-minus1, -Slamburger, Dick Bastardly, -Dick Bastardly
CCKeane (3): Atomic Soda, Moatillata, IllegallySober
Dick Bastardly (1): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober, Podima, -Podima, Podima
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Hal Incandenza (0): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard, -Moatillata, -Monathin
Lynch No One! (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): Meinberg, SalTheBard, Slamburger

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 minutes from this post.

:D

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote ##vote Tired Moritz

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Lol great minds pod

##vote tired mortiz

This vote did not count in votefinder, meaning someone probably manually told votefinder to ignore.

Oh word?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh eccogame jfc

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died in his sleep night 1. :s:
:s: Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), committed suicide night 1.
:s:

Time for some kill choice analysis, because nobody ever does that and it's regretful. Neither was a lurker kill going by postcounts.

Dick Bastardly (who is currently probed anyways, lol)
- Jokephase farting around

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?
- I was straight up wrong about this being PR hunting, it was a reaction against Keane's point versus ASoda (cc: Keane/ASoda who pointed my misread out)

Dick Bastardly posted:

On that same line of thinking, AS probably lied about knowing BK and Mona are PRs.....?

So I guess either way it looks bad for AS. I dunno.
- Circled back around to being on ASoda
- Pushed Hal for pushing ASoda

Dick Bastardly posted:

After all this I've come around to believe the claim, so now I ask: What's the problem with keeping AS alive? She's essentially a vanilla town (assuming it's not a gambit)

What town in their right mind would visit her after all this?

- Shifted off of ASoda, proposed Keane/Hal/TM as executions
- Came in and voted ASoda anyways near deadline, which I called out

Summary: Possible connections to Keane/Hal for that kill. I also sparred with DB at EOD but I realized my mistake over the PR hunting bit after an overnight reread. I was rushed at EOD, replacing in hours before deadline!

Monathin
- Backed up ASoda immediately re: alignment

Monathin posted:

For what it's worth I believe ASoda's claim 100% but it does put us in an uncomfortable position of having to dunk someone who is almost definitely town without being able to scumhunt.

Personally I do not like the way Hal is arguing, and appears to be moving the goalposts multiple times on reasons we should dunk AS.

Also that "who would want AS in LYLO" situation is incredibly petty, imo, and speaks of a weird level of confidence in AS' dunk, which does not seem a pro-Town attitude to have, PGO Death-Miller or no.

I am currently preferring Hal over any sort of narrative claimed on Soda.

Monathin posted:

Which is why this post [...] Makes me more suspicious of Hal, in that Hal is being aggressively jokey about throwing shade on ASoda's claim, which of course makes me think there is some peak Alignment Fuckery (TM) going on, and thus flips are going to be harder to trust.

Which of course is what I expect Hal is trying to do by discrediting Soda and their claim in-between calling for their head, hence my vote.
- Pressured Hal over his push on the ASoda execution

Monathin posted:

I think I can at least see what Bastardly is looking at, namely that Keane's being extremely aggressive (as Moat points out, as well) with regards to this push on AS, and, as a result he is looking a bit scummy for it.

If you take the assumption that we have Scum Keane over Town Keane right now, the aggressiveness in pushing for a lunch of AS (who has been more or less forthright with her role) would lead you to believe that the scum team likely does not have a good way to take advantage of AS' PGO role.

For what it's worth, coming back to the thread, I think Keane is reading more suspicious than Hal.
- Pivoted to Keane for similar reasons re: AS
- Backed up ASoda mechanically via claim, claimed a PR under mild pressure :sigh:

Monathin posted:

Yes. I was tending to my vineyard.
- Posted specific flavor that makes sense for why he didn't die with the town very quickly when asked, further clearing him. (Note: I would caution people against doing this unless they have to, since it likely outs you as non-vanilla.)
- Expressed concerns with IllegallySober's vote on Keane as he started to cool on Keane

Summary: Quite obviously died due to PR claim/flavor clearing, but worth noting his interactions with IllegallySober and Hal. I don't think a scum Keane would have gone after Monathin given where he landed at end of day, unless it truly came down to PR hunting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Sorry about missing the deadline last night, I'm with my girlfriend all week and I had health care stuff to do with her.

These flip shenanigans are definitely going to confuse things. But on the other hand, do we have any proof that you'll win with town?

Do you believe moat's claim of flipping council-aligned is fake, if this is you calling him scum? Going back and rereading, I feel like moat's belief in ASoda's claim/backing up Mona's claim comes out organically.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I've read the end of day I missed yesterday and I'm still unclear why anyone was voting Tired Moritz

I posted this at the time: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post484744819

b-minus1 posted:

pod hijacked the thread to prevent a soda lynch

This isn't what happened, but do you think I'm scum trying to keep ASoda alive?

Slamburger posted:

Setup speculation / content game:

1. Will there be any scum flips in this game or will all scum flip as ambiguous factions?
2. Are the scum all part of the same faction (i.e. one of the factions is scum), or distributed amongst the factions. We've seen "council" and AS claimed she will flip "wild" and there could be more.

I'm hoping if there are no scum flips then at least they are all part of the same faction cause otherwise the game seems impossible to solve through scum hunting and analysis. At least if a faction is scum, its reasonable that we'll know which faction that is by some midgame/endgame point via night actions (copping, kill tracking)

My guess is just that: no scum flips, and one faction is all scum. I'm curious what other people think, just to get on the record.

I mean, the flavor in the OP and sample PM points very clearly to one specific scum, which now that I look again also matches the flavor of Monathin's kill. I am also slightly less willing to reject the cult cop as a red herring out of hand than Keane is, with all the alignment/flip obfuscation going on - also, it would be weird for Ecco to use the same red herring in two games back-to-back.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

The interactions between DickyB and Podima feel off to me. I see Podima going hard at him and then going around and voting for Tiny. I might be jumping at nothing, but looking through DickyB’s history, it’s only with Podima that anything jumps out.

This feels off, as I pointed out a bit ago DickB did interact with a couple of other folks - what are your thoughts on those interactions?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I think it's odd that AA has decided to out himself as council aligned now instead of yesterday. It's almost like he's trying to replace mona

Good observation re: AA's timing but note that he's specifically not claiming council mechanically - just in flavor. I was also just in a game where AA (as scum) grossly misread his PM and spent the rest of the time scrambling to cover his own gaps, so it's making me go hmm in general.

IllegallySober posted:

The more that people like Sal and B- push for AS to be dunked, the more I'm starting to believe that the scum team does not, in fact, have a redirector, or a better way to deal with her.

This is increasingly where I'm at. It's Day 2, the time to focus on the PGO claim from Day 1 has passed. Hunt scum. Also, something occurred to me.

ASoda: Simple yes/no answer is fine, do either of the kill flavors from last night match your PGO flavor?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm really interested in hearing from pod re: his read late yesterday re: keane, and that post he really liked that i didn't. i liked keanes posting by end of day much better but he's still on the scum list, and it weirded me out that pod said this:

[snip]

I already addressed this as part of my first post today but let me know if it's unclear. Having given it some thought, I'm still fine with Keane for right now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Went back and reread Hal and IS based on possible connections to the kills.

Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean maybe if AS was in here dazzling us with reads it might be different but we have heard nothing but the claim and "I'm not good enough to play this role"

Bottom line is the 3 options are:

1 - AS is possibly telling the truth but we won't know until the game is over and it will be a permanent distraction and possibly used against town. Also who would want AS in a LYLO situation?
2 - AS is a jester and leaves the game when dead
3 - Is scum gambitting and we won't know until the game is over

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

Pushed the ASoda execution along with others, but the way that he frames it as an absolute in these posts doesn't sit well with me.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to believe it but it doesn’t change my attitude about what to do.

Mostly I was just being snide because people acting like I’m pushing some scummy agenda is irking me when I’m pretty clearly coming from a logical place. AS herself said mostly the same things I did

Also something about this strikes me as just a bit too offended at being prodded.

Summary: Eye on Hal - I wouldn't vote him right now but I'm getting gutfeels.

IllegallySober:
I already talked about some of their stuff before (link) but on a reread:

IllegallySober posted:

I'm having a real hard time parsing this, so to clarify; you're saying that your role PM contains reference to AS as a player specifically with a Death Miller claim, or that there is a player in the game who may be a Death Miller? And your role is similar in some way to AS's claimed role?

Also, ##unvote as we appear to be comfortably out of jokephase at this point.

- The unvote without dropping another vote feels a bit self-conscious, it was an obvious jokevote on DB and vote totals were nowhere near high enough to care about.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm surprised that on D1 we have three players claiming they will flip falsely (AS, Mona, Moat). I can't envision all three of those claims being true.

IllegallySober, do you still believe this to be true? You were against an AS vote at EOD, so what do you think of Moat and (by transitive property because he claimed too) AA? I assume from your posting re: AA that you've shifted that suspicion to him, but am curious about where you stand atm.

Also all that being said, his point about AA swinging around opinions pretty fast today is valid.

Summary: I I wouldn't vote IS today, it's just minor stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Looking back, I think my brain was more in a setup speculation mindset, that Council folks are scum. But I guess that doesn’t make much sense if one of them is a cop? Except Ecco game so who knows.

I don’t see as much heat in those interactions. They certainly exist, but none of them ping me as anything particularly off. Like, there was a lot more back and forth with you, which of course could lead to WIFOM to choose him as the kill to get suspicion on you.

I probably should take another look at Keane, there’s something to him that’s been feeling off to me.

Meinberg posted:

I think this might be at the crux of what’s throwing me, the shift in Keanu’s perspective about Mona, especially in the light of Mona’s flip. The first part seems like it’s going fairly hard at Mona, and the second, or so it seems to me, has him adjusting his stance significantly. Maybe I missed something in between the two, but it feels fishy to me.

Hm I don't like these at all. Your first post is hedgy as heeeeeeck and gives no actual opinions, and your second post ties two Keane posts together that are over an irl day apart where plenty happened in between. Feels like you're grasping for something.

##vote meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

maybe it's just me, but if there actually is a cult, who cares? I'm always going to play to my wincon regardless of alignment. Right now I want to lynch all threats to town: scum, cult, 3p, whatever. If there actually is a cult and I get recruited, then I'll just try to win with cult.

and if the cult cop is just a red herring, then we are essentially down 3 vanilla roles. It could be worse imo

Also this is a correct post re: people being histrionic about cults.

CCKeane posted:

I am uninterested in cult chat until I see a flip.

Two night kills in a small game, I'm inclined against it.

And this is a fair point from a setup spec perspective.

• Locked thread