Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Nothing in that exchange says anything about Pod receiving notification that AA visited him.

Then how would I know he was a town over, even if it was one or two, he's already proven me partially true, so why would the day count invalidate the entire claim?

Podima-kun is acting awfully kawaii with this lie, but you played yourself. Congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

This makes more sense

Why write all those words to say my flavor received was wrong instead of specifically saying it was a single town instead of two

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why write all those words to say my flavor received was wrong instead of specifically saying it was a single town instead of two

Why even agree that I received flavor if he didn't believe me lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Then how would I know he was a town over, even if it was one or two, he's already proven me partially true, so why would the day count invalidate the entire claim?

Podima-kun is acting awfully kawaii with this lie, but you played yourself. Congrats.

Town count not day count

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

You changed your answer because you had an opportunity to try and correct your lie. How is this difficult to follow?

You didn't specify what was incorrect immediately because you needed a concrete reason for it being wrong and you did not have one. Also again how would I know that you specifically did business in another town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

I have no idea what you mean here.

You're the one who claimed you received results. You reported what they said and then changed it when pressed to something that apparently didn't match Pod's PM. How did I play myself?

That's directed at pod

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Look, how would I or why would I have any info about pod at all? Especially specific flavor. Just think it through and you'll realize I'm being honest.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID YOU GOT THAT RESUL...

I'm gonna take a few and come back.

Obviously you idiot. I mean if im lying about the role why would podima validate 75% of what I said.
He was out of town doing business not murdering people en Masse.

Idgthisidiottown

AA explain yourself?!

OK, I visit pod he had an alibi that checked out. He was innocent. I got no mechanical confirmation of alignment.

AA is that exactly what you found out?

*rereads pm*

Oh it's TWO towns over.

GOTCHA SCUM, EVERYTHING ELSE IS RIGHT, BUT! ! IT WAS ONE TOWN. LUNCH THIS FOOL RIGHTNOWHESGARBATRASHANDAMONSTERANDALIARAJDNDIENFKE LOL

😂

sounds pretty dumb right.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
IS lost the last ecco game. I won't take his bad play as telling of alignment, but just bad play. Pod on the other hand is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA he didn't validate you. He just wanted to see if you would change your story when given the chance

But listen, he did claim that those bits of information were true and admitted the town count was his flag

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

AA’s initial claim as to my flavor was correct (next town over buying spices) but the fact that he changed it to a wrong result when given the opportunity indicates to me that it was a lucky guess in the first place. That, on top of his general conduct in the thread and ridiculous vagueness over alignments, means he’s my vote for today.

Also - notably - in a game with multiple misleading alignments, I have a REALLY hard time believing that there’s a flavor cop that works independently of alignments.

This means it was right, think moat. Think.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
He says it's a lucky guess that he was a merchant in the next town over. People see this obvious set up by pod.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

If it was right, why did you change it when prompted?

You said it was right. You say I changed it to something incorrect.

You say it's a lucky guess..

Don't you agree that's pretty drat specific that I'd guess ecco's flavor for you or that she'd provide specific flavor like that to scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Ugh

##vote meinberg

NO, you've seen the truth. Don't let your bromance stop you from doing the right thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

because what is happening now is not constructive imo, this barely feels like mafia. so tired of reading flavor arguments. i would rather move on to the next day asap.

This is clearly more than that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I don't get this. He was initially right, and changed his answer - so his initial guess was just that. A guess. Why would he change it if it was anything other than that?

Why would I guess accurate flavor

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would be fine with AA, there is an awful lot around him at this point

Are you even reading. What?!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

It probably does have to be pod or AA

If they are both town then jfc

You already know the truth, man. I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I'm done talking to AA. Everyone else: Look at this story shifting and tell me that's genuine.

NO. Why would I get specific flavor details about you even if they are marginally different. Address this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

##unvote
##vote AA

lol, I'm probably dead or blocked tonight anyhow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A lot of lazy bas votes.

I claim a flavor cop essentially.

I get results in pod that are essentially right.

I'm somehow bad? I can't wait until i retire from this game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Apart from everything else, this is a lovely comment to make.

You are scum this game, of course you'd rather move on and don't care who gets dunked as long as it's not your scumbuddy?

It's facts man. I'm not insulting you as a person. If you feel ways about it, know I meant everything i said there.

I've lost games, there's definitely shame in it, but it's nothing to feel bad about it.

I'm just saying I don't trust your judgment here. I the last game we played you and relied on you to screw the pooch, you did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, I'm town, a flavor cop apparently and I got like 75% of pods flavor right unprompted. UNPROMPTED!! He says the town count is wrong.

If you want to lynch me over that, you deserve your defeat. Play mafia, not flavor wars.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sal, it's not personal. You all have changed my life in a very positive way. I'd probably go out of my way to help any of you, but this game....

This is a battlefield. Especially so if I'm scum. You can be stern without being cruel.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Not to drive a wedge, but b minus it seems like you are distancing from pod right now by floating the idea of a cult again. If you're justifying IS as also maybe scum because of a post I made referencing cult and set up spec, I have to admit right now... It reflect very, very poorly.

Even with this conflict with Pod, it's very :eyepop: imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

AA has changed his story as I pointed out in a previous post, from being a naive cop to being a flavorcop and from calling me town because I was one two towns away from here when the massacre happened to saying I'm scum. He's been caught in a lie, and is scrambling to cover himself just like he did when he was scum and misread his PM in a previous game.

Please also look back at his confusion over his own alignment and only claiming "council-aligned" after it was proven to be a thing.

Lol i did not change my story, doing business, merchant... It is a stretch to say the story has changed. And in addition to that, I voluntarily offered up the info about your alibi, prior to you admitting it was true, and then claiming I changed the truth so... yeah, you're caught in a lie here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ughhhhhhh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nothing to see here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol I can't believe pod won this after my flip of naive cop came true.

Also his claim initially as a merchant and the discrepancy being the change in the # of days... Then coming out later as this murderhobo lol how did this slip by?

Great game Ecco.

Pod as salty as I am... :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
IS sorry for being an rear end in a top hat to you. I should have been better, but let the salt get to me. I'm sorry for being a jerk turd sewer slime.

• Locked thread