Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

People should sign up for this game. I'm going to completely change my meta and be a real tryhard.

not if i vig you first bk

ecco give me two vigs pls

or tracker

other demands may be forthcoming at a future date

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i just had a job interview and i'm nervous as hell, want to be nervous as hell about mafia instead

i'm going to vote for moat, bc it rhymes

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope my flavor is someone sexy so I can keep using :wink:

sexy is in the mind, be what you wanna be :wink:

Hal Incandenza posted:

You're hired!

thankyou, i will try to serve honourably

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
woah i'm super drunk rnf##vote moatd

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i uNDERSTAND tHAT iF i dO nOT uNVOTE tHE mOD wILL nOT cOUNT a rEVOTE uNLESS i aM a dOUBLEVOTER.

yes

Monathin posted:

With that out of the way I think I'm like 3/4 of binus being scum in games ive been in recently so lets keep the streak alive

##vote bminus

no vote bmins day 1 no

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
moat are u a scum this game, pls answer truthfully

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

Excuse me, please do not steal my intellectual property :colbert:

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

capitalist

im a witch i take what i want, bucko, you don't own words, sonny jim

CCKeane posted:

I have a busy weekend planned so I may not be able to post much.

That said obviously Atomic Soda is scum.

##vote Atomic Soda

I Will Unvote Before I Vote Again Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

keane reaching for the low hanging fruit

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also lol ecco, don't think i don't appreciate this you card

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
wut indeed

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
grace us with more of your verbal stylings aa

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
db, mate, im deadly serious. deadly

come visit and i'll show you

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

Town pgo should be trying to draw a NK not claiming

yes that is what the wiki said but also said that the safer play is to claim and given i'm no superstar and also a death miller that is the call i have made

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:(

i hope it was a small dog

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sorry hal :/ it seemed like the best play given my experience and the wiki advice to claim. i hope the dog is sorry also

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

i thought about claiming just death miller, but then i thought that could attract cops who i would immediately kill and that it would be better to full claim. like i said, i'm not confident i could make pgo work w/o it being a detriment to town.

my mention of bk and mona is obviously a joke which they can confirm. i owe them both a murder.

keane why did you vote me earlier, before i claimed? the possibility of a bus driver/redirector is a good reason to kill me today, but i'm not buying your case.

bminus, can you specify more what doesn't sit well with you?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why would Ecco straight up just tell a scum AS that BK and Mona are PRs?

why indeed

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

would that i had the loving kikoho this game, christ

would that you did :/

SalTheBard posted:

So I'm assuming jokephase is over at this point?

I find Sodas claim really weird. Although this could be some kind of chess game where AS is like 20 moves ahead.

haha i wish but no, i am not familiar with pgo and the wiki said claiming was the safer play so that's what i did

quote:

The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy lynched at some point during the game.

apparently this was a terrible error, sorry!

Moatillata posted:

##vote hal

why hal?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm awake and catching up, have a case to make on keane

i am fine to die today, its what i expected when i claimed

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

sister mother wife and lover, adams rib the ever other im a lady

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

we should kill AS for having inside jokes

is fair, was bad haha

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whenever merk arrives he will 100% vote AS until either he or AS is dead so let’s just do this and head that off

yeah were is merk, i expected him to be hear bossing everyone around by now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

this is true, killing me is the best outcome today sadly but thats ok, i still win with town

i'm getting more frustration that opportunistic scum from hal tbh, whereas i'm getting the opposite from keane

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
oh i usually would be totally against town voting for themselves but if it makes you all feel better i will hammer myself. nothing will happen, because i am a pgo deathmiller

keane is pinging me, mostly re: this post

CCKeane posted:

So here's why I'm suspicious, here.

Atomic Soda just made a death miller, PGO claim, right? So claiming death miller is fine and all, but then AS makes the PGO claim, which eliminates most potential benefits of the position (while also eliminating some negatives - a bus driver makes AS another night kill possibility)

But why mention BK and Mona like this? Because AS just outted BK and Mona if they are power roles. For no reason.

So I suspect there's some back end treachery going on here, and I don't know even to figure out the exact details, but something stinks a bit.

keane is a ~legendary~ player right. firstly, i already pointed out the first bit, claiming as pgo removes all the benefit from the role. if i had claimed just death miller, i bet that a cop would have tried to check me out during the night and got themselves shot. scum are not going to prioritise me as a target when i'm an excellent push later. claiming death miller w/o claiming pgo would have been heaps worse than claiming them both, and i think keane knows this.

his second point is that "i just outted bk and mona power roles". i don't think he can believe this genuinely. the options are:

1. i'm scum or 3p, in which case how the hell would i know.
2. i'm town and i'm a dumbass outing power roles - more realistic, but i'm not that stupid. in any case again, how would i know.

keane can't legitimately think that i'm outing power roles here, so why is he pushing it like that? i think he's using my silly joke to see if he can get any confirmation of that or not from others.

finally, the last line. he's definitely voting me here and it is on the basis that there is treachery and it stinks. he shifts later to asking me how i'd be an asset, moving away from his implications that i'm somehow dodgy.

CCKeane posted:

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

i've already acknowledged that i'm not an asset to town, and that town should kill me today. what happened to the "something is fishy" from earlier?

i think keane is acting suss, with subtle fishing and slippery insinuations, and possible scum ##unvote ##vote keane

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm I was actually fine with that keane post.

why, what appealed to you? i'd be happy for you to respond to my points, but i don't see how that post was fine.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

*she's a bomb

thankyou tm

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tired Moritz posted:

whats with the hal votes

sal's appears to be a joke vote but the other two are weird.

i asked moat why and he said

Moatillata posted:

Hal knows what he did

Moatillata posted:

Don't sign your posts

Unfortunately now that scum knows AS is a PGO if they have a redirect they essentially get a free extra kill

This saddens me but I will vote her to prevent this, however, I am not gonna vote her atm because I am still holding out hope to murder scum atm

Like Hal who is scum

help me understand moat!

mona's vote i don't get either

Monathin posted:

It was not what you said, but how you said it.

can you go more into this? what's kicking off the scum vibe?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I'd also point out here that AS actually does not believe this, since she is not voting herself.

i said at the top of that post that i'd happily hammer myself keane, i'm happy voting you right now cause i think you are scum

Tired Moritz posted:

the moral of the story is that you should never claim in d1 because its such a drat hassle.

:saddowns:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
it makes it ambiguous. i am a death miller in that i am town, will win with town but will not flip town but instead wild-sided. my flavour is crazy lady of the woods. i'm not sure how much i can get into but if i am successfully copped i will cop as town

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

What's that about being copped, pgo?

i'll investigate as town, they'd have to survive to report back but this is obvious. lol that people think this is some kind of gotcha, feeling worse about hal and bminus.

i am really feeling keane for scum, after he mostly ignored my earlier post and focused in on mona.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm surprised that on D1 we have three players claiming they will flip falsely (AS, Mona, Moat). I can't envision all three of those claims being true.

eccogame

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yep, i don't want to quote exact words but i will specifically investigate as town if ppl survive the night. this is not a feasible option for checking my alignment.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

This doesn't seem to align. I would anticipate a not scum result if you were ebeing truthful, since your alignment is, explicitly, not town.

no, town. also my alignment is town keane, i just won't flip that way. i've been pretty clear about this so it is interesting you are posting like i've said my alignment isn't town. you're obfuscating.

i'm going to bed in about an hour if ppl want me to hammer myself.

reading keane as scum, bminus and hal i don't feel great about, bk is probably town and i feel good about moat also. sal is giving me coasting vibes. fisk is suspect for this post as well

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not inclined to analyze what's mostly jokesphase on a weekend, but i'll be round later

jokephase was long dead by then and i'm not sad about it, plus we got like 12 hours.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

To make sure we're all on the same page here, you are claiming that you are a death Miller pgo, that you a joking with Mona and bk, Mona agrees with your claim, and that your alignment is explicitly town, despite flipping differently, and that you'd cop as town, despite being a phone, and that your role play explictly gives this detail about the mechanics of another role (town result vs. Not town for an investigative role)

Did I miss anything?

i assume phone is pgo but this is p much correct. given i am town, i only assume town will investigate as town. the alignment i will flip as is wild aligned.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

So now you're merely assuming that you'd investigate as town instead of not scum?

i don't understand what you are driving at with this line sorry. i know i will investigate as town, thats it. it seems mostly irrelevant unless you are 3p, is there a big difference otherwise?

i'm going to bed in 10 minutes its past 4am, i will be up before deadline

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Soda isn't a new player or an idiot from experience, what would they misinterpret about miller?

err what did i misinterpret drat it? isn't deathmiller a townie who doesn't flip townie?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
well poo poo, should have checked the wiki for both roles

i flagged i was unsure when i claimed is all i'll say in my defense

Atomic Soda posted:

i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

sorry and goodnight!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
cant stop posting

b-minus1 posted:

i already offered an explanation why scum would ignore the pgo claim, because they obviously wouldnt visit the pgo at night. I wasn't assuming any role other than what is being claimed. You're the one who mentioned redirector out of nowhere lol

lol. i hope you are scum.

i raised it in my claim post so its hardly out of nowhere

Atomic Soda posted:

claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning am i voting myself?

catching up

Podima posted:

DickB is PR hunting here, if this is his first thought upon reading AS' mention of BK/Mona. Not good.

i thought db was responding with incredulity to keanes initial case on me here, where he does push the pr angle. can you take another look at this?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I ask that because I brought up PRs before Dick.

hmm

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
did you miss my post pod, i'm back

like i was pretty sure bk was town but now i'm not sure about pod :p

i'll vote where needed but i'd prefer tm over db. feels like db often gets mislunched day 1

this kinda bad tho

Dick Bastardly posted:

Didn't see the tide had changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

?

will hammer in 5 if no one else has, i hope its not a mistake to leave me alive

• Locked thread