Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do Finn and Sami Deserve Better?
This poll is closed.
Finn is gonna be fine 16 8.38%
Sami.... :cripes: 26 13.61%
SAMI! :gonk: 36 18.85%
lol nothing matters WWE is making billions extra after some of the worst booking in years 113 59.16%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • A contract signing between Ronda Rousey and Nia Jax was announced to be happening tonight.
  • Kurt Angle opened the show but was cut off by Stephanie McMahon, who claimed she could manage her emotions and do what was "Best for Business", so she would oversee the contract signing tonight. Roman Reigns came out to boos and they attempted to further the "Roman is being held down by THE MAN" storyline. Kevin Owens came out and mocked Reigns but also thanked him for taking out Jinder Mahal and thus allowing Owens to backdoor his way into the MITB Ladder match. Owens got too familiar with Stephanie who punished him by putting him into a match against Reigns.
  • Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens by DQ after Jinder Mahal jumped him at ringside. Owens, Mahal and Sunil Singh put the boots to Roman until Seth Rollins raced to the ring to chase them off. Kurt Angle ordered an impromptu tag team match.
  • Roman and Seth defeated Jinder Mahal and Kevin Owens, with Rollins scoring the pinfall on Owens after missing his first Curb Stomp but hitting the second. After the match, Jinder attacked both Seth and Roman with a chair. The crowd cheered as Roman and Rollins were helped to their feet by referees, but the moment Roman's music hit the crowd started booing again.
  • Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal is now officially a match at Money in the Bank.
  • In what shocked absolutely nobody except for Vince McMahon, the Sami Zayn/Bobby Lashley "sisters" segment completely bombed. The "sisters" were three men in drag who made up stories about Lashley, then helped Zayn tried to beat up Lashley when he came out to the ring. Lashley fought them all off and the commentators alluded to how awful the segment was, which again came as a surprise to nobody except for Vince McMahon.

Your Parents posted:

We live inside a dream. I hope I see all of you again. Every one of you.

• Alexa Bliss was interviewed by Renee Young, and claimed that Ember Moon beating her in a tag match after Wrestlemania was only because she had the element of surprise, and now Bliss was prepared for her.
  • Alexa Bliss was not prepared for Ember Moon, who pinned her despite the attempted help of Mickie James.
  • BRAUN and Finn Balor met with Stephanie (in Angle's office) to ask for a rematch against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. Stephanie said they weren't really a team, that BRAUN cost them the match last week and therefore it should be BRAUN vs Balor. BRAUN crushed an apple in his hand and told a horrified Balor he loved competition.
  • Baron Corbin defeated No Way Jose in a singles match.
  • Chad Gable met with Kurt Angle, who was hanging out in a hallway after Stephanie took his office. Angle told Gable he'd intended him to replace Jinder Mahal last week in the threeway but "Management" had forced Kevin Owens on him. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre showed up to mock both of them for being losers, and Gable got in Ziggler's face.
  • The B Team defeated Breezango again in another quick match, and celebrated wildly with the commentators (but not Coachman) then rode one of their chairs down the ring ramp.
  • Stephanie dominated the contract signing between Ronda Rousey and Nia Jax, reminding Ronda she had never had a singles match yet and her first would be a title shot against a woman far larger than herself. She then switched to mocking Nia Jax for taking so long to defeat Alexa Bliss and saying she was lazy for taking so long in her career to win the title. Jax and Ronda signed and shook hands, with Ronda telling Nia she would take her title AND her arm.
  • Dolph Ziggler defeated Chad Gable in a quick match that was mostly technical before Ziggler headbutted Gable and hit him with a superkick. Postmatch, McIntyre hit Gable with the Claymore Kick.
  • Nattie won a fatal fourway against Sarah Logan, Liv Morgan and Dana Brooke, despite inteference by Ruby Riott. Logan and Morgan teased fighting each other at one point but then laughed it off.
  • Elias claimed credit for WWE's stock trading at an all-time high. He sang a song about how much everybody loved him, then assured them the feeling was not mutual.
  • Elias defeated Bobby Roode in a singles match, after Elias managed to crotch him on the turnbuckle when Roode was setting up for a top rope spot. Afterwards, BRAUN appeared out of nowhere and ran through Elias to get to the ring for his own match.
  • Next week, Seth Rollins will defend his Intercontinental Title against Jinder Mahal.
  • BRAUN Strowman defeated Finn Balor in the main event. BRAUN dominated the first half of the match but then Balor had a hell of a comeback and things went back and forth with Balor countering BRAUN's signature moves (including the shoulder charge outside the ring) and almost being set-up for the double stomp before BRAUN recovered in time and was able to finally put him down. It was a cool match but I wish Balor had won.
  • Postmatch BRAUN hauled up Balor as if he was going to beat on him some more, then put him in the corner and went and posed in the middle of the ring.

Smackdown Results
  • Miz opened Smackdown with MizTV, teasing a Miz vs Daniel Bryan announcement that turned out to be a debut date for his new reality tv series with Maryse. He introduced New Day and did his best to sow dissension by getting one of them to take the one MITB spot the three had earned. They continued to back each other up though, challenged him to a fight and threw pancakes at him when he refused.
  • Miz ran away and bumped into Paige backstage who forced him to go back out and live up to his claims that he could beat any one of them any day of the week.
  • Miz defeated BIG E after a lengthy match when The Bar rushed to the ring and attacked the rest of New Day and distracted BIG E allowing Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale and get the pin.
  • Big Cass has been selling a leg injury since the beating Daniel Bryan gave him last week. Daniel Bryan was interviewed about his match with Jeff Hardy, in which the winner will get Big Cass' shot against Samoa Joe for a spot in the MITB Ladder match.
  • Aiden English sang an entrance for Lana, before the IIconics came out and offered their own duet calling Lana a loser.
  • Lana defeated Billie Kay to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match, in a shock quick victory that had the crowd roaring,"LANA DAY!" in appreciation.
  • Zelina Vega spoke for Andrade "Cien" Almas in a backstage promo, saying his opponent last week wasn't worthy of him and he was going to continue to dominate this week.
  • Almas obliterated a jobber in short order.
  • Carmella was interviewed backstage (initially wearing an Asuka mask) and insisted that she was not afraid of Asuka, because Charlotte Flair beat Asuka at Wrestlemania but Carmella has beaten Charlotte twice and that makes her twice as good as Asuka!
  • Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles met in the ring for an announcement of the stipulation for their PPV match. Shinsuke taunted AJ and suggested it might be a pillow fight, and an agitated AJ complained that they hadn't gotten the Shinsuke Nakamura they wanted on Smackdown, and the truth was no matter what the stipulation was, Shinsuke couldn't beat him when it counted. Shinsuke tried to cheapshot AJ and they ended up fighting out of the ring, into the crowd and back to ringside where Shinsuke was able to take out AJ with a chair. He dropped him onto an announce table and hit him with the Kinshasa, then counted to 10 as they crowd loudly booed him. Getting onto the announce table, he grabbed a mic and announced the stipulation would be a Last Man Standing match.
  • The Good Brothers and The Usos were in the ring and went back and forth as to why they deserved the number one contender's spot against the Bludgeon Brothers.
  • The Good Brothers defeated The Usos in a fast paced and physical match that was a lot of fun to watch. They now get a shot at the Bludgeon Brothers on the MITB PPV.
  • Naomi defeated Sonya Deville in a rather dull match (the crowd was really into Naomi's entrance though), meaning Deville has now lost two shots at qualifying for MITB.
  • An extremely pumped up Jeff Hardy was interviewed backstage by Renee about his match with Daniel Bryan tonight.
  • Samoa Joe came out to ringside to do guest commentary while watching Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan.
  • Daniel Bryan submitted Jeff Hardy to win a match against Samoa Joe next week. The match was exciting and well-paced with a cool ending. Immediately afterwards, Joe got on the mic, shut down the celebration and reminded Bryan that all he has won is the chance to get murdered by Joe next week.
  • Joe was interviewed backstage and told Renee that next week, he was putting Daniel Bryan to sleep. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Surprisingly booking for the new era doesn't seem to have improved!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
raw was very bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Main event ruled but they're gonna reach a point sooner or later where people stop believing Finn winning big matches is anything but a fluke.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Balor would be a great MITB winner, but he does not win matches, and they need to get the WWE title on Miz somehow for Miz/Bryan

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What on earth did I just witness?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All-time bad segment kept that Raw from being as awful as some of the recent ones. Because at least something memorable happened.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Try half a billion dollars a year of sports entertainment TV!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

That show was... odd. in not a good way

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Sami agreed to do that segment and I don't know how to accept that.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The #2 heel on Raw has to resort to admitting he LIKES the top face and encouraging the audience to cheer for him in order to get heel heat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
holy hell reading that synopsis and now i think i might actually miss these terrible night classes i take that prevent me from watching wwe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Probably didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to keep his job.

New Japan doesn't really have a lot of free roster spots for foreigners right now so there isn't much freedom of you don't want to do indies or work for ROH

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is kind of a real depressing time to be a WWE fan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Vince was all over that segment, and was all enthusiastically describing it to Sami who was just nodding along thinking,"Oh my God this is gonna die a death but how the gently caress do I tell him that?"

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Cabbit posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you watched this show over LeBron you only have yourself to blame

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Need a gif of Strowman rising from behind the barricade
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/998761939768676353

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
braun's skin midway through every match without fail looks exactly like the last hotdog left in the roller at a gas station

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

look how bored the fans are lol

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Probably didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to keep his job.

New Japan doesn't really have a lot of free roster spots for foreigners right now so there isn't much freedom of you don't want to do indies or work for ROH

Maybe he should be working for ROH.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
if fox gave me 200mil a year i could make something way more entertaining than wwe

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cabbit posted:

Vince - "Hey, Sami...remember how you didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia?"

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MotU posted:

if fox gave me 200mil a year i could make something way more entertaining than wwe

But would it be as consistently profitable? Would it attract viewers?

WWE isn't critically good, it's business good.

In other news, capitalism sucks. Destroy America.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Wazzu posted:

But would it be as consistently profitable? Would it attract viewers?

WWE isn't critically good, it's business good.

In other news, capitalism sucks. Destroy America.

yes it would

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CarlCX posted:

This is kind of a real depressing time to be a WWE fan.

Yeah :smith:

Jerusalem posted:

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Vince was all over that segment, and was all enthusiastically describing it to Sami who was just nodding along thinking,"Oh my God this is gonna die a death but how the gently caress do I tell him that?"

Sami needs to grab that brass ring!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I see Seth was getting too over with his great IC Title matches so they threw a Jinder-shaped missile in there to drag him back down to earth.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
After catching up on the WCW thread, remind me how WWE has been getting away with this for who knows how long, while WCW ended up destroying itself within three years once the hot period ended?

The 2010's seem to be a decade of 'we told you there would be consequences, but in reality there never are'.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

After catching up on the WCW thread, remind me how WWE has been getting away with this for who knows how long, while WCW ended up destroying itself within three years once the hot period ended?

No major competitor to draw away viewers and no corporate leadership that actively dislikes the product in the first place.

Also, WWE is making money rather than losing millions per year like WCW was.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cornwind Evil posted:

Monopolies are (supposed to be) illegal for a reason.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Every loving person knew that Lashley This Is Your Life thing was going to be trash a week off, and yet

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

with the other dumb booking, I feel we're not giving enough attention to Ronda and Nia being incredibly easily manipulated by someone they both know is a heel

...and that Nia's "evil plot" is that she wants to win her match, which for some reason REALLY upsets Ronda

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Cabbit posted:

Monopolies are (supposed to be) illegal for a reason.

Does WWE really qualify as a monopoly though? I thought a true monopoly was actively trying to control the whole market. With wrestling it's more 'no competition can make a dent'.

I mean, let's enter a fantastic magical alternate world where in 2004 Dixie Carter was a financing and booking genius and Jeff Jarrett fell and hit his head and had the 'run a wrestling company' equivalent of a flux capacitor idea. I think that would be the only world where TNA could have grown to be a true alternative: otherwise no company has the finances (and brainpower) to even come close.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I only read about the "sisters" segment due to hockey but it sounds horrible.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cornwind Evil posted:

Does WWE really qualify as a monopoly though? I thought a true monopoly was actively trying to control the whole market. With wrestling it's more 'no competition can make a dent'.

I mean, let's enter a fantastic magical alternate world where in 2004 Dixie Carter was a financing and booking genius and Jeff Jarrett fell and hit his head and had the 'run a wrestling company' equivalent of a flux capacitor idea. I think that would be the only world where TNA could have grown to be a true alternative: otherwise no company has the finances (and brainpower) to even come close.

I mean they actively sign amazing talents just to loving sit on them and deny the rest of the industry and iirc respond extremely quickly any time it looks like a smaller operation might be poking its head out of the mud.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cornwind Evil posted:

Does WWE really qualify as a monopoly though? I thought a true monopoly was actively trying to control the whole market. With wrestling it's more 'no competition can make a dent'

While I still don't think it qualifies as a monopoly, keep in mind that the WWE is putting on a UK tournament and hiring UK talent for a UK show that may or may not be happening specifically to keep them off TV and in the WWE.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great TV is not successful TV, baby!!!!!:thumbsup:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cornwind Evil posted:

Vince McMahon's goal is make money. WCW's goal was to try and convince people to not watch WWF.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Pinwiz11 posted:

I only read about the "sisters" segment due to hockey but it sounds horrible.

You should really watch it. It was chud all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cornwind Evil posted:

A monopoly doesn't have to be deliberate, no. But also:

Oh Snapple! posted:

I mean they actively sign amazing talents just to loving sit on them and deny the rest of the industry and iirc respond extremely quickly any time it looks like a smaller operation might be poking its head out of the mud.

• Locked thread