Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do Finn and Sami Deserve Better?
This poll is closed.
Finn is gonna be fine 16 8.38%
Sami.... :cripes: 26 13.61%
SAMI! :gonk: 36 18.85%
lol nothing matters WWE is making billions extra after some of the worst booking in years 113 59.16%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They originally did announce the UK tournament that's about to start as King of the Ring, but that's been dropped from any mentions since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

How was raw

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Jackie D posted:

How was raw

interminable

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jackie D posted:

How was raw

Doesn't matter Vince got mad money

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jackie D posted:

How was raw

Not quite Bayley's life but solidly Old Day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jackie D posted:

How was raw

Lashley's sisters were men in drag

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why is Sami Zayn antagonizing the buffest man in the company

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Vince just really REALLY likes large muscular men in dresses, nothing weird about going back to that well over and over.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Blaise330 posted:

Why is Sami Zayn antagonizing the buffest man in the company

Heels are stupid

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I've decided, when Vince steps down/dies/whatever, I want George Barrios to take over WWE instead of Hunter and Steph, because I like his head.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

To be honest, I like WWE more when it's bad because I barely watch wrestling anymore and it's funnier to read about it being terrible

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

To be honest, I like WWE more when it's bad because I barely watch wrestling anymore and it's funnier to read about it being terrible

This is the key here. I haven't been able to watch in a few weeks because of life things but one thing I learned is I really love reading the discussion threads for shows when the show is bad. It means I don't have to watch because in my head I'm making it even worse.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

Heels are stupid

Why doesnt AJ wear a cup?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

Why doesnt AJ wear a cup?

Wearing protection is against his religion.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

:vince:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

fart blood posted:

This is the key here. I haven't been able to watch in a few weeks because of life things but one thing I learned is I really love reading the discussion threads for shows when the show is bad. It means I don't have to watch because in my head I'm making it even worse.

Likewise here. WWE these days is just completely not my cup of rasslin' tea any more, so even the occasional hilariously bad or insane moments aren't enough to get me to tune in. Instead I just live vicariously through goons by reading their comments as the :staredog: :gonk: :psyduck: moments occur on screen.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:five:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It's going to be really funny when ratings start tanking and both new deals get dropped.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Personally I think it owns that Vince McMahon just does whatever he wants no matter how much it sucks rear end, and is rewarded with truckloads of money.

They get poo poo for tonedeaf and offensive segments, for paying lip service to the oppressive Saudi Regime, for ignoring the fans very vocal reactions to their product, and for all that criticism they get a record profits and a more prominent place in media. Billions of dollars, show on network TV, wife finally got a job in politics like she wanted, Vince got it all.

XFL sounds like a terrible idea so my guess is that in 10 years its the #1 sport league in the country.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

XFL sounds like a terrible idea so my guess is that in 10 years its the #1 sport league in the country.

This would be incredibly funny so I'm all for it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also, like, did the Authors of Pain fall off the edge of the flat Earth or something?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They got lured to Main Event with promises of wins, only to learn it's a trap

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CarlCX posted:

Also, like, did the Authors of Pain fall off the edge of the flat Earth or something?

Writer's block happens to the best of us.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Weren't the tag team champions also not on the show?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wish it was bad in a fun way or in a cartoonish way because it's owned by a cartoonish insane billionaire way. Instead it's just bad in a boring evil way.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Likewise here. WWE these days is just completely not my cup of rasslin' tea any more, so even the occasional hilariously bad or insane moments aren't enough to get me to tune in. Instead I just live vicariously through goons by reading their comments as the :staredog: :gonk: :psyduck: moments occur on screen.

I much prefer whole thread pages where everyone just writes the :laffo: smiley.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

They bungle layups like Bayley and Matt Hardy and put on absolute diarrhea like Reigns and that SZ segment from last night, and yet still make money.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Faustian Bargain posted:

They bungle layups like Bayley and Matt Hardy and put on absolute diarrhea like Reigns and that SZ segment from last night, and yet still make money.

Remember, this is what the Filthy Casuals want to see, not us.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

It’s still insane to me that Vince McfuckingMahon of all people couldn’t tell the story of Bayley, the white meat babyface who overcomes the odds to win clean in the end

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

St Evan Echoes posted:

It’s still insane to me that Vince McfuckingMahon of all people couldn’t tell the story of Bayley, the white meat babyface who overcomes the odds to win clean in the end

Not tall or blond or built enough.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:eyepop:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still dont understand this forum fascination with Bayleym she loving sucks.
Becky Lynch on the other hand is great and totally deserves better booking.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-looking-expand-length-pay-views-258206

Yes hahahaha....yes!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

All the recent shows have been overruns because they can then point to how much longer people have been watching the network to the investors. Every year they're going to make the PPVs just a little longer.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The solution to ending brand-specific PPVs.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope a massive scandal destroys this company

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

St Evan Echoes posted:

You're talking about a guy who thinks Goliath should beat David

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody please watch What We Do In The Shadows. It's so, so, so loving good.

loving sandwiches

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The solution to ending brand-specific PPVs.

"Killing brand-specific PPVs will make it even harder for midcard feuds to make the shows. It's unfair!"

monkeyspaw.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Roman came off as such a dweeb listening to Stephanie and Owens and being happy about the match she booked for him.

• Locked thread