Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do Finn and Sami Deserve Better?
This poll is closed.
Finn is gonna be fine 16 8.38%
Sami.... :cripes: 26 13.61%
SAMI! :gonk: 36 18.85%
lol nothing matters WWE is making billions extra after some of the worst booking in years 113 59.16%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DoctorGonzo posted:

I still dont understand this forum fascination with Bayleym she loving sucks.
Becky Lynch on the other hand is great and totally deserves better booking.

I like Bayley but Becky is better than her. Both of them are booked poorly but Becky has remained more over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Vince McMahon Must Die

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cream always rise to the top.
Bayley need a very specific booking to dont look like a loser idiot nerd

Becky is straight badass

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All the "it actually can't be worse without Vince" people are going to have fun reactions when HHH takes over and his first TV deal is anything less than a literal billion dollars

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

So they booked a 7 woman gauntlet match for next week's raw. Do they have the balls to have it be the first two hours of the show like they did with the men's one before elimination chamber?

This is a rhetorical question.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I guess I'm glad they aren't giving the big dog the mitb contract

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jinder/Roman is going to be a very bad match hahahaha

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Becky is straight badass

I think you'll find it's "straight FIYAAHHHHHHH" :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

piss tape israel posted:

Jinder/Roman is going to be a very bad match hahahaha

Putting two of the bad ones in a match together means there's a good piss break

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the WWE roster going on strike would be amazing, but they've had it hammered into them that working for WWE is a privilege and an honor, and that they are expendable and replaceable.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Let's remember the birthday of the late great Brian Pillman with one of the most tasteless segments in the history of RAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1_KpT-p58

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
we just have to wait until television as a medium dies, then the WWE will be fuckin screwed

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Owens running away terrified as Braun came out got me.

For those that haven't seen it (I didn't see it linked in the thread).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AmY1MxsVE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
KO and Sami Zayn 4 Lyfe.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

Namtab posted:

Putting two of the bad ones in a match together means there's a good piss break

I unironically want Jinder vs RR to main event MiTB so I can watch the people of Chicago lose their minds.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

The media push leading up to Sunday and all of the hype over John Cena and Nikki Bella's relationship status didn't mean much for Total Bellas ratings.

The show's third season premiere averaged 517,000 total viewers and a 0.27 rating in the 18-49 demo on E!. That's down from 674,000 viewers for the season two finale and 681,000 for last season's premiere.

It's also the lowest viewership for an episode in series history, though Total Bellas was moving to a new night for this season after previously airing on Wednesdays.

Total Bellas finished 24th on cable in the 18-49 demo on Sunday night. The Golden State Warriors' game three win over the Houston Rockets in the NBA Western Conference finals led the night with 7,797,000 viewers and a 2.88 rating in the demo.

After Cena and Bella announced their split in April, Cena appeared on the Today Show last week and said he still wants to marry Bella and have children with her. Bella then responded while at NBC Universal's upfronts, saying she also has hope for their relationship. People.com most recently reported that they're "basically back together."

lol the stupid fake breakup didn't even draw

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Octal posted:

I unironically want Jinder vs RR to main event MiTB so I can watch the people of Chicago lose their minds.

The Jinder/Orton main event of Backlash '17 actually got a....decent?....response by Chicago, despite the participants, probably because of how what-the-absolute-gently caress it was. And the Singhs bumping.

But yeah, Jinder/Reigns will have no chance.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So wait - I watched the last two PPV's and they ran like five hours each and the oil rumble was like an eight hour show with pre-show.. how loving long do they think these shows need to be?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...choices.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cursed image

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

fuckin yikes

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

I hope a massive scandal destroys this company

Hahaha. Like steroids or something.

CarlCX posted:

The girlfriend and I have both been diehard WWE fans since the late 90s and we bonded in large part over watching wrestling together weekly; she is barely hanging onto watching it at all and the only way we get through three hours of Raw is by simultaneously playing video games or reading books or posting with you fine people. If there's anyone left who JUST watches Raw without anything else going on, they are made of incredibly strong stuff.

I'm pretty much a casual fan these days. The live threads on here are one of the only reasons I watch Raw. The collective misery in last night's thread was more entertaining than the show.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Between Nia/Ronda and Roman/Jinder MitB is going to be the worst PPV ever with two ladder matches on the card.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

Between Nia/Ronda and Roman/Jinder MitB is going to be the worst PPV ever with two ladder matches on the card.
Doesn't it also have Asuka vs Mella which has the potential to end with Mella winning clean? Can't loving wait.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
What’s WWE going to do when Ronda finally gets tired of the McMahon carny poo poo and remembers she’s a real world star?

Will it be Brock x a million

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sbaldrick posted:

What’s WWE going to do when Ronda finally gets tired of the McMahon carny poo poo and remembers she’s a real world star?

Will it be Brock x a million

Vince is a genius and is going to put her in lovely programs like Nia Jax to destroy her popularity, and then no worries

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So in the wake of the mega FOX deal, is WWE going to kill branded shows? I mean there's definitely ways to book dudes so they can be on both shows without burning them out (if the company can practice restraint). Also it's probably better for storytelling (since you are breaking the predictability of the current structure and allowing for minor angles to resolve quicker).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

So in the wake of the mega FOX deal, is WWE going to kill branded shows? I mean there's definitely ways to book dudes so they can be on both shows without burning them out (if the company can practice restraint). Also it's probably better for storytelling (since you are breaking the predictability of the current structure and allowing for minor angles to resolve quicker).

The only way I could see them doing that is:

A) Smackdown bombs on FOX.

B) They sell the next TV deal to broadcasters on 'imagine if you could have both the Smackdown AND Raw rosters!'

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 22, 2018

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

quote:

"This week's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw drew an average of 2,668,000 viewers, which is a decrease from last week’s 2,741,000 viewers. This is the lowest viewership Raw has gotten since the June 12, 2017 edition, which drew 2,542,000 viewers.

The first hour drew 2,792,000 viewers, the second hour drew 2,767,000, and the third hour drew 2,447,000."

Yikes. Things are going down so hard and it doesn't even matter apparently.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They'll blame it on LeBron and go about their merry way, it really doesn't matter

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Benne posted:

They'll blame it on LeBron and go about their merry way, it really doesn't matter

old white men blaming lebron for things seems like a running trend

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

Given WWE's TV deals have an exponentially higher profit margin than network subscriptions, should WWE try to sell broadcast rights for Summer Slam, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania to Networks like FOX and NBC instead of using them to drive Network subscriptions?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Octal posted:

Given WWE's TV deals have an exponentially higher profit margin than network subscriptions, should WWE try to sell broadcast rights for Summer Slam, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania to Networks like FOX and NBC instead of using them to drive Network subscriptions?

At the moment no because they're literally having their cake and eating it.

Network makes some money and the tv deals are just making the company pretty much bullet proof.

If the network bottoms out in subs i can imagine they'd try and cash in on their bigger events.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Procrastinator posted:

So they booked a 7 woman gauntlet match for next week's raw. Do they have the balls to have it be the first two hours of the show like they did with the men's one before elimination chamber?

This is a rhetorical question.

I'm setting the line at 20 minutes.

I'll take the under.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

loving sandwiches

I would prefer it if they hadn't been!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Wearing protection is against his religion.

Holy poo poo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

Owens running away terrified as Braun came out got me.

For those that haven't seen it (I didn't see it linked in the thread).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AmY1MxsVE

Cant believe Owens is stealing Dan Ryckert's gimmick. Disgusting treatment of the greatest indies.

Also if anyone wants a silver lining wrt the bil deal, consider that it's less "WWE IS SUPER SUCCESSFUL!!!!" and more "TV is doing so badly that fox is willing to throw a billion at WWE of all things because they wont end up with Disney and barely has ratings on par with their friday sacrificial shows". It's a lowering of the bar rather than WWE reaching further.

Also it's extremely funny that the WWE's profits/stocks are coasting entirely on two sweetheart deals that have nothing to do with WWE actually growing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Doesn't it also have Asuka vs Mella which has the potential to end with Mella winning clean? Can't loving wait.

Nia winning, Roman winning, and Carmella winning could create a vortex of suck capable of engulfing the entirety of WWE, so there's that to be hopeful for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

lmao why

• Locked thread