Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil. But what really is... evil?

I got every medal. Please can I stop now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN

Total Clam

I A-ranked every mission on Wii U. I A-ranked every mission on 3DS. Didn't get all the medals because I didn't streetpass for rental skills and that killed my drive for em. Now I'm finishing Cucco's Fury on Switch before diving back into the maps.

Now I have a time limit. Oof.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oyster posted:

I A-ranked every mission on Wii U. I A-ranked every mission on 3DS. Didn't get all the medals because I didn't streetpass for rental skills and that killed my drive for em. Now I'm finishing Cucco's Fury on Switch before diving back into the maps.

Now I have a time limit. Oof.

the switch version's requirements for A-ranks are outrageously generous, to the point where they might as well not exist at all

and thank god for that, many of the hero map nodes in the Wii U version had health reqs so strict they'd dock you if a single stalchild kicked you in the shin

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Specifically, the Switch version changed it so that the damage requirements are based on a percentage of your total health lost, rather than absolute damage taken, so getting heart containers and leveling up makes it easier to do well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I wonder if the next Hyrule Warriors will be 2 player too. It runs a bit sluggish but is still fun to do.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Specifically, the Switch version changed it so that the damage requirements are based on a percentage of your total health lost, rather than absolute damage taken, so getting heart containers and leveling up makes it easier to do well.

Yeah, in the original a bunch of the A ranks were capped at 5 hearts lost total. In 3DS and Definitive they were massively expanded and I think even the strictest one in Definitive is 80% damage taken. Which is 24 hearts if you have all of them on a character.

In return though, KO requirements were jacked up. They were a flat 1200 for A rank in all maps on WiiU and range from 1000-1800 depending on map and rank in Definitive.

For time 15 minutes has always been the A rank cut off for everything iirc.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 14, 2008

SHEESH

seiferguy posted:

I wonder if the next Hyrule Warriors will be 2 player too. It runs a bit sluggish but is still fun to do.

I hope the next game has both split screen and online coop. I've been 2p-ing it up with my brother but I'd like to be getting these materials and rupees on my save as well.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

If you LP what I LP
And if you work retail like I work retail
You would also scream like I scream

Kin posted:

Yeah, I think that's why I can see something like Mario Warriors being an easy win.

There's already a roster of playable characters (Mario's gang, Bowsers Gang, Warios gang, etc) and a variety of enemies from goombas to hammer bros as well as a number of bosses that could be hand picked from any of the games.

Nintendo could even churn out DLC. You could have a Donkey Kong one, super Mario Land ones, Wario Land, super Mario Galaxy.

Even stuff like unlockable skins, moves and weapons. It's kinda all there really.

Just do a Super Smash Bros Warriors.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Dynasty Warios

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pirate Warriors 4 is a lot of fun, and Iím not even a One Piece fan.

The Postman
May 12, 2007
THIS BROWNIE'S REALLY GOOD

Just started playing this and I'm almost done with Legend Mode. I've dipped into Adventure when I just want a quicker session and have a question about searching.

I don't remember where any of these secrets in Zelda 1 are. If I use a card on something that isn't a secret does it waste it? Are the cards going to be plentiful or is wasting one a pain?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I posted a 7 point defense of corporate wage theft because my brain is full of worms.

The Postman posted:

Just started playing this and I'm almost done with Legend Mode. I've dipped into Adventure when I just want a quicker session and have a question about searching.

I don't remember where any of these secrets in Zelda 1 are. If I use a card on something that isn't a secret does it waste it? Are the cards going to be plentiful or is wasting one a pain?

Just look up a guide. Cards aren't a limited resource but you don't want to be grinding cards because you're trying to guess where the secret is when they are the least important thing to farm for on the maps.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

The switch version lets you buy cards so wasting them isnít a big deal. Just use a compass to highlight the right spot first and itís normally pretty obvious what item you need to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN

Total Clam

Zore posted:

Yeah, in the original a bunch of the A ranks were capped at 5 hearts lost total. In 3DS and Definitive they were massively expanded and I think even the strictest one in Definitive is 80% damage taken. Which is 24 hearts if you have all of them on a character.

In return though, KO requirements were jacked up. They were a flat 1200 for A rank in all maps on WiiU and range from 1000-1800 depending on map and rank in Definitive.

For time 15 minutes has always been the A rank cut off for everything iirc.

And yet I just got a C on level 2 giant battle of Cucco's Fury. Super glad that's back in this version, mindless button mashing is what I need sometimes.