Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just got around to playing the first wave of DLC but is three anything I should know about it? Are there new material grinding spots, weapons to get, money grinding areas, etc.

I finished the main game 100% and got Link and a couple of characters up to level 100 but didn't max out weapons or anything (my highest level weapon is 37 I think). It's been a while since I played it though so I'm a little bit lost.

Kin fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Bongo Bill posted:

It's easy to miss Revali's line where he supposes the kid must have followed Teba into the past.

This is one thing I hate about recent Warriors games having no voice acting (or leaving it in Japanese). I'm too busy beating the poo poo out of dudes to read text boxes most of the time and I miss a lot, it's why I really wish they'd just fully dub these games, it's much easier to hear someone talking while you're fighting.

Kin posted:

I just got around to playing the first wave of DLC but is three anything I should know about it? Are there new material grinding spots, weapons to get, money grinding areas, etc.

There's many new weapons to get. Link and Zelda have two completely new weapons, the Guardian Flail and the Master Cycle, which you can get by completing requests from the Ancient Lab. Both weapons come in three different types, which all have the same base attack power, but different C1 moves. There are also new weapon skins for every story character, which you can get by doing the EX missions after completing the EX levels.

I'm not sure about new material grinding spots, the only one that comes to mind is a new EX sidequest where you're tsked with getting Monster Essence from outposts before time runs out, I assume it's just a way to get Moster Essence without having to trade items at the shop.

For getting good weapons, I haven't unlocked every level in wave 2 yet, but wave 1's DLC gave a new level that''s technically the best for weapon grinding called Survival of the Fittest, since it has the highest recommended level in the game (again, unless wave 2 changes this). There's a catch though: Survival of the Fittest is a really tough gauntlet with the task "Survive for ten minutes." It doesn't matter how many enemies you defeat, there will always be more, and stronger enemies spawn in at certain times, so it can be a very difficult level, as well as taking ten minutes to do no matter what. In that case, the second best level for weapon grinding (even though it's much lower level) is Unnatural Disaster, which has a fight against five minibosses and can be done in three or four minutes if you're level 100 with a good weapon.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

This is one thing I hate about recent Warriors games having no voice acting (or leaving it in Japanese). I'm too busy beating the poo poo out of dudes to read text boxes most of the time and I miss a lot, it's why I really wish they'd just fully dub these games, it's much easier to hear someone talking while you're fighting.

There's many new weapons to get. Link and Zelda have two completely new weapons, the Guardian Flail and the Master Cycle, which you can get by completing requests from the Ancient Lab. Both weapons come in three different types, which all have the same base attack power, but different C1 moves. There are also new weapon skins for every story character, which you can get by doing the EX missions after completing the EX levels.

I'm not sure about new material grinding spots, the only one that comes to mind is a new EX sidequest where you're tsked with getting Monster Essence from outposts before time runs out, I assume it's just a way to get Moster Essence without having to trade items at the shop.

For getting good weapons, I haven't unlocked every level in wave 2 yet, but wave 1's DLC gave a new level that''s technically the best for weapon grinding called Survival of the Fittest, since it has the highest recommended level in the game (again, unless wave 2 changes this). There's a catch though: Survival of the Fittest is a really tough gauntlet with the task "Survive for ten minutes." It doesn't matter how many enemies you defeat, there will always be more, and stronger enemies spawn in at certain times, so it can be a very difficult level, as well as taking ten minutes to do no matter what. In that case, the second best level for weapon grinding (even though it's much lower level) is Unnatural Disaster, which has a fight against five minibosses and can be done in three or four minutes if you're level 100 with a good weapon.

I think the hurdle I always faced was rupees for the upgrades. Weapon drops seemed plentiful but the cash not so much.

I recall there was a desert level in the base game that had you killing the sand creature and hundreds of enemies for drops you could sell for cash, but wasn't sure if that was still the best place for it now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
You can always just sell materials to the merchants, some of them will buy them for much higher prices as indicated by a little star in the material menu, I've made like 200k from selling gems to the Gerudo Merchant who buys them for a crazy price.

As an aside, I think Sooga, in the right hands, is the most powerful character in the game if you can get the timings down on his counterattack, there's nothing you can't counter from what I've seen and he gets stronger the more counter tags you have active at once.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So these special weapons in the 2nd DLC, the way I have heard it, they start off weaker than most tier 3 weapons, but their potential is higher? I'm hesitant to invest my already good weapons into them before I know if it's optimal

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If you've just got a bunch of materials in general it might be a good idea to check out the various traveling salesman and selling them their preferred items. There's ones who will pay extra for gems, machine parts, meats etc.

If you really just want to grind then there's nothing wrong with just tuning the difficulty down for a bit until you get what you need.

That desert level was still probably the best for monster part grinding/time spent, but just in general using the food the increases drop rate for every stage will get you enough to burn a hole in your pocket.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

You can always just sell materials to the merchants, some of them will buy them for much higher prices as indicated by a little star in the material menu, I've made like 200k from selling gems to the Gerudo Merchant who buys them for a crazy price.

As an aside, I think Sooga, in the right hands, is the most powerful character in the game if you can get the timings down on his counterattack, there's nothing you can't counter from what I've seen and he gets stronger the more counter tags you have active at once.

Sooga is really cool, I just wish I was good enough at parrying to use him properly. Robbie/Purah are pretty fun too, I like the risk/reward of plopping down their inventions

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Kin posted:

I think the hurdle I always faced was rupees for the upgrades. Weapon drops seemed plentiful but the cash not so much.

I recall there was a desert level in the base game that had you killing the sand creature and hundreds of enemies for drops you could sell for cash, but wasn't sure if that was still the best place for it now.

You use diamonds for almost nothing after you 100% the game, find the merchant who buys gems at a higher price and sell them. I still have over 30k in rupees from selling most of my diamonds to them.

mabels big day posted:

So these special weapons in the 2nd DLC, the way I have heard it, they start off weaker than most tier 3 weapons, but their potential is higher? I'm hesitant to invest my already good weapons into them before I know if it's optimal

Yeah same here, the whole starting out at 36 attack power is making me very wary of putting resources into them. Especially if the only get good after 30+ or something ridiculous, since I only have like two characters with weapons at level 30.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So I unlocked the level 30 seal on Daruk's new champion weapon, and it is insane. It deals 20% of the damage the enemy would have done while Daruk is blocking. So he can just slowly whittle health bars with 0 risk by holding block.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Judge Tesla posted:

How in the hell do you stop the Yiga Blademaster from sacrificing himself to fight the Silver Moblins when he closes the gates, do you just have to haul rear end to the end of the level beforehand?

Because I killed absolutely everything that appeared until the guy closed the gates before I could even react.

Run forward and kill the moblins blocking the way, trigger the hollows and immediately turn around and run back to the locked gate, kill the guys harassing the Blademaster and that's it. This is all in the googledoc's DLC2 tab: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ci8hBndMf9jIRC_sYzZaKWhWt9UVw9Ee8PyhlbQ-eHA/edit#gid=1770011887

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Is there a step by step guide anywhere for farming rupees and making an ultimate/strongest weapon. Like one that lists the missions and what to do?

The pointers here have been helpful but then it's back to the research to find out just what exactly it is in supposed to do.

For some reason this game is like the hyperbolic example of the state of modern guides for games. A bunch of poo poo, ad laden sites, presenting the instruction manual as a guide, or video results that spend 10 minutes showing you irrelevant content like the loading screen.

It's so bloody frustrating.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Kin posted:

Is there a step by step guide anywhere for farming rupees and making an ultimate/strongest weapon. Like one that lists the missions and what to do?

The pointers here have been helpful but then it's back to the research to find out just what exactly it is in supposed to do.

For some reason this game is like the hyperbolic example of the state of modern guides for games. A bunch of poo poo, ad laden sites, presenting the instruction manual as a guide, or video results that spend 10 minutes showing you irrelevant content like the loading screen.

It's so bloody frustrating.

The googledoc I posted above has that, it has an entire tab for farming, here let me link the gfaqs post it has for rupee poo poo. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/299971-hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity/79176421 Post 3 is the one you want. As for weapons, basically everyone wants attack speed, which is one of the rarest seals, except people who are already absurdly fast because later combo strings=usually higher damage, and most/all hidden weapon seals are either square or hexagon and you want to match 2/4 to increase their bonuses. Thanks to seal removal you can't really go wrong with seals, just find what works best/slap 4 +attack speeds and call it a day. Warriors Dojo is a good source if you really want to get into the nitty gritty of each character's moveset and weapons. He doesn't have the newest DLC characters, but I doubt it will take him long to start posting those.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Sooga is really cool, I just wish I was good enough at parrying to use him properly. Robbie/Purah are pretty fun too, I like the risk/reward of plopping down their inventions

I've found that the largest enemies like the Hinox and Lynels can be parried pretty reliably but Moblins are the worst things, some of their attacks like their kicks just come out lightning fast which ruins the parry flow you have built up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Making this post mostly for my own reference, comparing the current tier 3 weapons with the new DLC weapons on their hidden level 25 and 30 seals. Just a reminder, the Tier 3 weapons cap out roughly 20 damage points ahead, and all hidden seals can be removed and replaced with generic seals if you so choose, so the main reason to go with the DLC weapons is going to rest on the strength of those seals. However, the DLC weapons *do* come with an Attack Speed + seal to begin with, so it might be easier to get a full set of useful seals that way.

Revali:

Great Eagle Bow seals - Midair Attack Damage +, and Chance of Landing Shockwave

Soaring Champions Bow seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Auto Critical Hit after Combos

(I have no idea how the critical hit mechanic works in this case, which one is better depends entirely on that)

Mipha:

Lightscale Trident seals - Special Charge Rate +, and Chance of Landing Shockwave

Serene Champion's Spear seals - Special Attack Damage +, Midair Attack Damage +

(Not sure how useful that shockwave is, but Mipha's DLC weapon has no really unique seals here, so its probably worse)

Daruk:

Boulder Breaker seals - Dash Attack Damage +, and Heal When Defeating Enemies

Steadfast Champion's Greatsword seals - Strong Attack +, 20% Damage Reflected While Guarding

(The damage reflect for Daruk is definitely better than the Boulder Breaker and is worth the downgrade in power I think, first real DLC win)

Urbosa:

Scimitar of the Seven seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Increased Damage to Locked on Target

Nimble Champion's Sword seals - Damage to Midair Enemies +, 10% Chance to KO Weak Enemies

(No idea how useful the KO chance actually is in practice, and I dont know if Urbosa especially does a lot of knocking enemies into the air to make that worth it. Scimitar of the Seven is almost certainly better, but the Champion Sword looks super cool)

Teba:

Falcon Bow seals - Midair Attack Damage +, Damage to Foes with Status Effects +

Swift Hero's Bow seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Chance of Landing Shockwave

(I'm not sure which grants Teba's last combo more damage between strong attack + or midair attack +, but either way the falcon bow is probably better. Again, idk how useful that shockwave is.)

Sidon:

Ceremonial Trident seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Increased Damage to Locked on Target

Gallant Hero's Spear seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Heal a % of Damage Dealt

(These seem roughly equal in how good they are, the healing is a fun gimmick to counteract the damage you take from Sidon's superarmor, but it is a Hexagonal shape seal which usually is hard to get a dull damage bonus with. Up to preference here, but the Trident is probably overall better)

Yunobo:

Rock Roast Flambe seals - Strong Attack Damage +, 20% Damage Reflected while guarding

Stalwart Hero's Feast seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Attack Speed +

(Boring seals on the dlc weapon, but an extra attack speed might be worth it)

Riju:

Bridle of the Seven seals - Dash Attack Damage +, Chance of Landing Shockwave

Thunderous Hero's Bridle seals - Attack Range +, Auto Crit After Combos

(Again, no clue how the auto crit and shockwave works)

Overall the DLC weapons are kind of underwhelming. I had high hopes with Daruk's being so good but it seems the rest are barely as good if not worse, seal-wise. I'm still going to use them because they look cool, however, other than Teba since I already maxed his weapon out in DLC 1.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 1, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Some of the Memory Quests are really hard, and I find it kinda frustrating that the third one is always hidden because who is gonna know to defeat Master Kogha with Riju without any indication besides randomly stumbling into it? The description should really unlock after you beat the mission once.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kohga at least has a unique interaction if you face him as Riju, which isn't much of a tip off but its something.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Who would willingly use Riju?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bogart posted:

Who would willingly use Riju?

On paper she's good as all of her attacks are wide sweeping AOE's but in practice you end up crashing into walls and getting stuck on tiny bits of scenery a lot, it's a shame.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Riju is technically better than Daruk, if only because Daruk is the only character who can't dodge cancel out of their stasis rune animation. When Warriors Dojo was making his tier list he did say that if Daruk was able to cancel out of it like everyone else, Riju would be the lowest ranked character.

Speaking of which I'm sure he'll make videos for the new characters' movesets, but I hope he also does a video where he talks about the EX abilities/weapons for the old characters too. For some characters I'm not quite sure what their EX ability really does or if it's worth using, so it'd be nice to see him touch on it. One I have figured out and think is a hell of a lot of fun is the EX ability for Link's one handed weapons, where you can run around while holding the X button after a combo and just steamroll through all the mooks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Riju can be good but you need to lean hard on her dash attacks, like only one of her combo finishes is actually any good iirc.
the jank camera makes her pretty annoying to play as either way

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's a reason my go-to character is Mipha, strong sweeping attacks, can summon water fountains for quicker movement and exposing weak points and her special is an enormous AOE that also gives you a small heal.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My go to character is Savage Lynel Sword Link because it has three attack speed seals and a weapon quality boost seal, also it has like 170 attack and he's level 100. I wouldn't say he's my favorite character to play as, though. My favorite character to play as is Teba, because he is a god of destruction.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I gave Hestu a weapon with four Attack Speed ++ seals and he’s hilarious to watch now (also murders the poo poo out of everyone)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ardryn posted:

The googledoc I posted above has that, it has an entire tab for farming, here let me link the gfaqs post it has for rupee poo poo. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/299971-hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity/79176421 Post 3 is the one you want. As for weapons, basically everyone wants attack speed, which is one of the rarest seals, except people who are already absurdly fast because later combo strings=usually higher damage, and most/all hidden weapon seals are either square or hexagon and you want to match 2/4 to increase their bonuses. Thanks to seal removal you can't really go wrong with seals, just find what works best/slap 4 +attack speeds and call it a day. Warriors Dojo is a good source if you really want to get into the nitty gritty of each character's moveset and weapons. He doesn't have the newest DLC characters, but I doubt it will take him long to start posting those.

Cheers for that. I've pretty much finished the first DLC now, though i was debating trying to reach level 50 with one of Links weapons before tackling DLC 2.

Is there much point in doing that or will i unlock better levels for gathering high powered weapons in the second DLC. The link you posted mentioned that the best level for grinding max level base weapons was the final mission from DLC1, though that one felt like it took a while for me to complete, so i dunno how efficient it is (though it might have just been how i played it).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally unlocked Robbie and Purah, and finished all the memory quests for the extra scene. Game still good. Robbie and Purah seem fine, but not amazing unless there's some weird quirks with their unique action, guess I gotta wait to see if Warriors Dojo will do a video on them. I'm also kind of curious if any of the unique action buffs that the DLC introduces makes him reconsider where characters fall on his tier list. So far none of them seem to really massively alter how the character plays except maybe Urbosa, since her unique action buff seems to make her C1 the best thing she can do to destroy enemy WPGs.

The extra scene at the end feels like it wraps up AoC's story that doesn't leave much room for future DLC, which is a bit disappointing. Not saying it can't happen, but it feels like the story is all told, nothing more to add. They could add some non story challenge stuff, of course. It's also a bit disappointing that after I clear up these last self-contained EX challenge levels, I'm probably done with the game. There just isn't really any reason to go try and make ultimate weapons for each character unless it appeals to you, and it doesn't to me. This also means there isn't much incentive for me to play with Robbie and Purah much, since they're much lower level than any of my other characters with worse weapons, and outside of missions restricted to them (which there appear to only be two of, maybe more will unlock later, but if so it won't be anything substantial) there's no real reason to use them over monsters of damage like Teba or Link.

I like the game, a lot, and still part of me realizes it had been more like the first game. I said when the game first released that HW was a musou game with Zelda elements, while AoC was a Zelda game with musou elements, and that still holds true. It's nice that DLC2 tried to add more musou-esque missions to the game but they were still not enough. Keeping Purah's health above 50% is pretty easy when enemies seem to barely attack when you're offscreen. I left her alone for a while to go hunt down the secret trace with Robbie, and her health bar hadn't moved at all (or it was so little that I couldn't tell) in the entire time I left her alone with two moblins around her. Enemies also don't move or push the advantage unless they're scripted to, it would have been nice to have enemies actively taking outposts or going after your allied officers, like they did in the original HW. Instead they just kinda stand around and wait for you to come after them.

This is kind of retreading a lot of stuff that was talked about when the game first came out, so I'll stop there. I definitely enjoyed AoC and it'd be nice if they kept supporting it, and even if they don't it was still a great game I really enjoyed. But I'll always kinda wish that there was a bit more there.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm thinking the same thing. There's just a lack of draw into going back in and playing more of the game once you've done all the missions.

In Hyrule Warriors though, I've done pretty much everything but there's something just fun about going back replaying the game by clearing maps by taking over bases.

The DLC for AOC seems to exacerbate all of the worst parts of the game for me, even more grinding and nothing but enemies that continually break your flow by spamming elemental attacks which can stunlock you.

I've got 10 more vicious monster reports to get before i can tick off the last few upgrades and the missions aren't really hard or anything, but it's just getting tedious at the point.

It's the same thing for levelling up weapons. I get it, i can see how the system works and know what to do, but why do i have to do sooo much of it to the point where i can 100% the rest of the game (including DLC) before i get anywhere near enough rupees or weapons to increase just one to level 50.

The balance of the whole weapons side of things is just off and the DLC should have introduced weapons drops that started at a damage of 150 or something to help more quickly level up your items to 50.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's the curse of this being a more focused experience than Hyrule Warriors 1 which was a general celebration of the franchise, AoC being shackled to BOTW doesn't leave much wiggle room for outlandish scenarios or adventure mode style maps.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Kin posted:

Cheers for that. I've pretty much finished the first DLC now, though i was debating trying to reach level 50 with one of Links weapons before tackling DLC 2.

Is there much point in doing that or will i unlock better levels for gathering high powered weapons in the second DLC. The link you posted mentioned that the best level for grinding max level base weapons was the final mission from DLC1, though that one felt like it took a while for me to complete, so i dunno how efficient it is (though it might have just been how i played it).

Personally, getting level 50 on anything seemed like a "You have nothing else left to do in the game" rather than a goal to strive for, but again that's just me. I played through the game once alone on normal and again with a friend on hard and we never had any serious trouble. So, I can't really offer a personal opinion beyond confirming that the googledoc probably knows what it's talking about. I will say that according to the googledoc, DLC2 will give a second place to farm high quality weapons, but only at the very end like DLC1 did and it's just as effective as DLC1's map.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ardryn posted:

Personally, getting level 50 on anything seemed like a "You have nothing else left to do in the game" rather than a goal to strive for, but again that's just me. I played through the game once alone on normal and again with a friend on hard and we never had any serious trouble. So, I can't really offer a personal opinion beyond confirming that the googledoc probably knows what it's talking about. I will say that according to the googledoc, DLC2 will give a second place to farm high quality weapons, but only at the very end like DLC1 did and it's just as effective as DLC1's map.

I think I found that. It's an arena type mission battling 5 bosses. It's harder than the DLC 1 mission but there's less running around at least so I think it's a bit faster.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The level choices for weapon farming are, from what I understand:

1. EX Facing Mutated Ganon (DLC 2) - highest level mission in the game, at a suggested level of 93. This means it will have the absolute best weapons you can get, but as it's a full level instead of just a short challenge and contains a lot of malice enemies, it's a bit longer to use it as a farming source.

2. EX The Final Battle (DLC 1) - the second highest level mission in the game at a suggested level of 91 meaning you'll also get fantastic weapons here too, though it has most of the same problems as Facing Mutated Ganon. It does however not have a boss fight against Mutated Ganon in it, so maybe a bit easier and quicker.

3. EX Survival of the Fittest (DLC 1) - suggested level of 86, this one can get you a bunch of weapons if you're lucky and it's a pretty high level so you'll get good ones. The major problem with this as a farming stage is that it's "survive for ten minutes" so it will take you ten minutes no matter what, also it's a pretty drat hard level since you're going to get swarmed with a lot of strong monsters near the end.

4. Unnatural Disaster (no DLC required) - suggested level of 80, meaning you'll get decent stuff but probably not amazing. The reason why this one is used as a farming stage is that it's five miniboss fights and if you have a high level character with a good weapon you can finish this stage in like two to three minutes, so you're going for quantity over quality.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The secret to Survival of the Fittest is that you can just take in Daruk, hold down the guard button since his defend is unbreakable, and come back in ten minutes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If you just want to beat it, yes. If you want to use it to farm weapons, that strategy is completely useless. Unless you have his DLC weapon which does 20% of the damage he would've taken from an enemy to them if they hit him while he's guarding, but that still isn't very much damage. Which would only bump it up to almost completely useless.

e: I guess you could just go in strong and beat a bunch of dudes and then ride out the last couple of minutes with that strategy, though. That would work better.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 7, 2021

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Well it turns out that I had enough random weapons for link with exp+ to get one of my weapons up to level 50.

Long story short, it was pretty underwhelming against the DLC enemies.

What's the point in doing it unless you feel godlike against everything (including the new enemy levels).

In short, unless you've got the spare weapons kicking about, don't bother aiming for level 50 with any of them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well the point of levelling up weapons is so you kill the DLC enemies faster, it also depends on what skills you are getting in the weapon you are levelling because that makes a massive difference.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

Well the point of levelling up weapons is so you kill the DLC enemies faster, it also depends on what skills you are getting in the weapon you are levelling because that makes a massive difference.

Eh, i was using the 2 hand Link weapon and granted i didn't min/max the attack speed seals but the level 50 savage Lynel club seemed to only provide a marginal uptick in damage vs the level 40. It definitely didn't feel like the effort to get it from 40 to 50 was worth it for the impact it had.

Like when comparing that to the level 750 or 900 or whatever weapons from Hyrule Warriors 1, those took a bit of effort to get but nowhere near as much as getting a single weapon to level 50 here. Then when you finally did get the max-level weapon, every boss basically melted like butter. You felt rewarded for your efforts.

Here, it all just feels pointless.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Just posting to say that Warriors Dojo has released his final two videos on the game, covering the two new DLC characters. He did say in the second that it would be his final video on the game, though I assume that would change if there were future DLC announced (as unlikely as that is). It is kind of a shame he didn't do one last one covering the power up to each character's unique mechanic that the second DLC gives them, but I can understand he might just kind of be done with the game.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

DLC is $14.91 at Walmart

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Why does Astor suck so much. Cia and Ganondorf completely owned any scene they were in and had fun mid battle dialogue, Astor is just...loving nothing.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Astor never recovered from being transplanted from Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Why does Astor suck so much. Cia and Ganondorf completely owned any scene they were in and had fun mid battle dialogue, Astor is just...loving nothing.

He's sharing the villain spotlight with Master Kogha so he never stood a chance.