Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Recommended element provides a significant damage boost for your character. You need to unlock all the level 1 2 and 3 weapons to get the first master sword buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
A poster on GameFAQs who has previously compiled lots of information on Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has made pictures of all the Adventure Mode Maps so that you're able to see what square has what color (alongside additional information such as general KO and damage taken requirements on zones). It should prove helpful for letting you know what squares to grind your Lv. 4/4+ weapons on.
https://imgur.com/ciyclbX

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Huh, the damage limits get more lenient with increased difficulty.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If only because stuff starts doing astronomically more damage. That said I've definitely had a few missions I passed despite feeling like I took way too much damage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah, I was in a mission on the Lorule map that required me to play as Zelda with the baton, I had the second lightning defense badge and completely normal (not glowing) generals were hitting for like 6 hearts.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's an extremely useful guide. Thanks for linking it! Question though: What do those mentions at the bottom right mean? Do you get double materials for playing missions on the Twilight map? Or do you unlock double material drops when you clear it?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

That's an extremely useful guide. Thanks for linking it! Question though: What do those mentions at the bottom right mean? Do you get double materials for playing missions on the Twilight map? Or do you unlock double material drops when you clear it?

The former. It's a very good place for farming materials, much like Grand Travels is a very good place for farming Food (and Termina and Lorule are very good places for farming weapons).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Double Bombos faeries are loving amazing. Feed your faeries fire based food between 1-50.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Does anyone know what this treasure icon that looks like an evil water bomb is on the Master Quest map?

I've never seen it before, compass doesn't reveal any searchable tiles, and I didn't find anything even after capturing all the keeps and smashing all the jars.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You must have missed a jar, I'm almost certain it's a faeire food type.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Leal posted:

Double Bombos faeries are loving amazing. Feed your faeries fire based food between 1-50.

How do you tell what type the food is? I used to be able to tell in the 3DS version but I can't for the life of me find where it tells you that in the Switch one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

How do you tell what type the food is? I used to be able to tell in the 3DS version but I can't for the life of me find where it tells you that in the Switch one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPybFxdeB_1ZQxw9Ukgarc8P0E_L3wYzSkyJuinmcMw/edit#gid=0

I think the only way to tell in game is to first have a fire faerie, then highlight a food. If she smiles then its her element.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010

Dad Jokes posted:

Does anyone know what this treasure icon that looks like an evil water bomb is on the Master Quest map?

I've never seen it before, compass doesn't reveal any searchable tiles, and I didn't find anything even after capturing all the keeps and smashing all the jars.

To confirm what Oxyclean said, that icon is a food. According to the guide on Gamefaqs, you missed a jar in the enemy base. Something I've certainly done before.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Oxyclean posted:

If only because stuff starts doing astronomically more damage. That said I've definitely had a few missions I passed despite feeling like I took way too much damage.

Wait, so when it says 200% it means i can lose my full healthbar twice over before dropping to B rank?

How does that correlate with the number in the pause menu, is that the same % figure?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what exactly does “increased weapon cap” mean?

Kin posted:

Wait, so when it says 200% it means i can lose my full healthbar twice over before dropping to B rank?

How does that correlate with the number in the pause menu, is that the same % figure?

yes, and yes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Isn't there a maximum of 5 weapon drops per mission? I think "increased weapon cap" ups that limit.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

b_d posted:

what exactly does “increased weapon cap” mean?

yes, and yes.

Oof, I've been restarting things after I get taken to 125.

Though now I've got Twilight Midna at level 185 and a 5* 4+ weapon it seems like every mission with two characters is a total breeze now.

The 10000 kill skills just take a weapon up to the cap damage right? I've got one for her to unlock and wasn't sure if it would make any difference to the weapon I've got.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I just used the great fairy weapon for Link. This is a fetish thing, isn't it?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Leal posted:

I just used the great fairy weapon for Link literally anything. This is a fetish thing, isn't it?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Toon Link and WW Link amiibo give weapons for Toon Link but the MM Link amiibo doesn't give weapons for Young Link, nor does the WW Zelda one give weapons for Toon Zelda because nothing makes sense.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

The amiibo support is exactly the same as the 3DS release with no updates, it's crap I agree

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Came back to it after a break playing Octopath Traveler and got the final Lv. 4+ weapons for every character. This means I could potentially get every weapon to drop for me, unlocking them and fulfilling the requirements for unsealing the Master Sword skills before I even get that drat sword.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I really like that I can always come back to the game and find a way to progress in a few different places when I get walled at one.

I really need to pick up more spiders, though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lmao do they really make you go all the way through to the "final" square in the middle of the Master WW map to get a hookshot? What a dick move!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I gave my husband's little brother my copy of the original Wii U version for his birthday because I don't need it anymore.

All excited, he asked if I would play with him. I said sure! All he had was a Wii remote and nunchuk for me to use but the game box says you can use those so I figured that was no problem.

I was wrong. I was SO SO wrong. I had forgotten that if you use the Wiimote you have to use loving waggle for normal attacks. WAGGLE. For NORMAL ATTACKS. You know, those things you spam all the time and need actual timing for to pull off combos?! I NOPED so hard. My arm would be ready to fall off after just one map. Next time I'll make sure my Pro Controllers are actually charged, because sweet Christ that is some bullshit.

The l little guy was still thrilled though. He beat the first Adventure square himself. :3: Wizzro is his favorite.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

I gave my husband's little brother my copy of the original Wii U version for his birthday because I don't need it anymore.

All excited, he asked if I would play with him. I said sure! All he had was a Wii remote and nunchuk for me to use but the game box says you can use those so I figured that was no problem.

I was wrong. I was SO SO wrong. I had forgotten that if you use the Wiimote you have to use loving waggle for normal attacks. WAGGLE. For NORMAL ATTACKS. You know, those things you spam all the time and need actual timing for to pull off combos?! I NOPED so hard. My arm would be ready to fall off after just one map. Next time I'll make sure my Pro Controllers are actually charged, because sweet Christ that is some bullshit.

The l little guy was still thrilled though. He beat the first Adventure square himself. :3: Wizzro is his favorite.

Playing this game with kiddos is a treat. I've been playing with my girlfriend's oldest son and I love the stories he comes up with as we play. He loves playing as Ganondorf, except he's a good Ganondorf, and it's his evil brother that's taken over Hyrule. But his evil brother destroyed his swords which is why he "can only" use the Trident :3:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

When you're fighting Gibdos, occasionally a bow and arrow prompt will appear above their heads (after they've performed a particular attack, I think). What does hitting them with an arrow actually do here? It doesn't seem to trigger a weak point or anything, as far as I could tell hitting them with arrows just froze them for a second? I find them annoying to fight because you have to kind of keep your distance, but then you don't get much time to move in and hit their weak points.

e: Unless you can dodge or block their scream attack when you're within the radius of it? Is that possible?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

irlZaphod posted:

When you're fighting Gibdos, occasionally a bow and arrow prompt will appear above their heads (after they've performed a particular attack, I think). What does hitting them with an arrow actually do here? It doesn't seem to trigger a weak point or anything, as far as I could tell hitting them with arrows just froze them for a second? I find them annoying to fight because you have to kind of keep your distance, but then you don't get much time to move in and hit their weak points.

e: Unless you can dodge or block their scream attack when you're within the radius of it? Is that possible?

Whenever you see that icon, hit the enemy with the appropriate weapon (different enemy types have different item weaknesses) and you'll gently caress up their big attack. It'll hit other enemies instead of you, and their weak point will be exposed longer.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Gibdos are great because even if you're like me and gently caress up and get frozen all the time, if it's the big Bow version you can just mash the item button and still hit the vulnerability once you unfreeze.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gibdos and Redeads are the worst though because they can like, cancel out of their Weak point gauge into another super attack without warning.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was about to finish a weak point on a boss and a loving Gibdo did its ranged, cone AOE at stunned me right as I was gonna finish the last blow :argh:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
This is why I just use Sheik. X Y then Y occasionally and never get flinched/frozen

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

cia can also prevent getting stunned when she’s buffed with her strong attack but sheik is better at everything.

you can also break out of combos or stun with a special!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

irlZaphod posted:

When you hit an enemy with the item it's weak to while that prompt is on screen, the attack they do next, usually signaled with blue particle effects, will not hurt you and will also suck in enemies while also exposing their weak point gauge. The idea is to hit them with that, close the distance while they're hurting the other enemies, then deplete the WPG and get the whole group at once.

I find it's usually not worth it to do the item weak points for anything that has Bombs because you actually have to line up the bomb throw arc and moblins never seem to be vulnerable long enough. I also skip it with boomerang-weak enemies because stalmasters and darknuts often do attacks that leave their WPG exposed. For the rest though, it's a good thing to attempt, especially against gibdos and redeads.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hookshot against aerolfos or whatever is also good, and usually you can prep in advance for it if they do that knockback burst. i wish there was a better way to switch items or you could do it while paused though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
That's one thing the Wii U version had going for it; you could just drag your finger across the touch screen

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

FPzero posted:

When you hit an enemy with the item it's weak to while that prompt is on screen, the attack they do next, usually signaled with blue particle effects, will not hurt you and will also suck in enemies while also exposing their weak point gauge. The idea is to hit them with that, close the distance while they're hurting the other enemies, then deplete the WPG and get the whole group at once.

I find it's usually not worth it to do the item weak points for anything that has Bombs because you actually have to line up the bomb throw arc and moblins never seem to be vulnerable long enough. I also skip it with boomerang-weak enemies because stalmasters and darknuts often do attacks that leave their WPG exposed. For the rest though, it's a good thing to attempt, especially against gibdos and redeads.
Yeah I got it working with Wizzrobes, I don't know why it didn't seem to do anything for the Gibdos though. The arrows really did just seem to freeze them, they didn't do any attack from what I could see. The game can be chaotic though, so maybe I just missed it.

One thing that's bothering me is the targeting system. The game keeps switching targets on me, seemingly if the camera gets focused on another targetable enemy. Sometimes it might be if I move far from the enemy I had targeted (which is sometimes necessary). It's annoying when you're waiting for the WPG to show up, suddenly the target changes and the camera shifts. :argh:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Items have a use outside of these counter attacks, the bow causes a bit of a slow/stun effect on enemies, so what likely happened is you just barely missed the prompt so got the regular bow effect instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

turnways posted:

Playing this game with kiddos is a treat. I've been playing with my girlfriend's oldest son and I love the stories he comes up with as we play. He loves playing as Ganondorf, except he's a good Ganondorf, and it's his evil brother that's taken over Hyrule. But his evil brother destroyed his swords which is why he "can only" use the Trident :3:

This makes me think of the Adventure Mode Credits sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2BWKVpC0Y

:3: