Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Food that's shown as an unlockable is hidden in a brown pot in an enemy keep on that stage, usually (but not always) the enemy home base. After that it'll drop rarely and randomly from officers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Pop into the tutorial section of the gallery, and doubke check the item card descriptions, the game should have given you this information already. Use a compass to see what square you need to hit, grab whatever Thing you need (probably a Power Bracelet)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the mission description is how highly ranked that specific quest is vs other quests of the same type. Like a level 6 quiz stage just means there's 5 easier quiz stages.

Becuase there's no way that Fi stage with the Imprisoned can be aced at level 8.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Your capacity of fairies goes up when you clear out the 'boss' of each Adventure Map, I'm pretty sure. I've got eleven fairies in Legends. And there is a good reason to keep collecting fairies once you've reached the cap-

If you raise a fairy to level 25 or 50, and then replace it with a new one you picked up, the fairy leaves behind a small or large 'gratitude crystal'. Gratitude Crystals are your best food source and raise all your stats by a shitton. Gratitude Crystals are probably the only way to get enough stats for the rainbow skills.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you're using Linkle, tap the Strong Attack button while you don't have the meter charged and she'll flip down her hood.

This is the most important game tip there is.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can any stage be a co-op stage? If a stage has a character restriction, can the second player pick a different character anyway? ...Can I use a second controller to bypass that stage where Fi has to fight The Imprisoned?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just might be worth it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A weird change I just noticed from Legends- when you use a fairy nuke, I think the magic aura stays around your character instead of being placed wherever you cast it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those skills all boost your attack.

Also of note is that most of these skills aren't unlocked until you have a bunch of Skulltulas.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's a percentage now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like there should be a tier list for the players who have disassembled the combat systems entirely, and then a second tier list for the players who, like me, are kinda lovely at it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know hating Fi is the cool thing to do, she drove me bonkers in Skyward Sword and she's definitely not great here, but I love her design and I love the way her murder ballet feels.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No Heart Power?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Twice now I've fought a hero who was using a weapon they don't use (ie Sheik with a rapier), is this a thing that happens or a bug?

There was originally a bug that let you rearrange done movesets in the WiiU version that got patched. When the DLC came out after that some enemy heroes got to use different weapons as, like, a weird tribute? I'm pretty sure it's deliberate because they're usually thematically related weapon swaps, like Lana with Cia's weapon and vice versa, or Sheik with Zekda's movesets.

A popular one with the original glitch was to give Link Lana's summoning gate so he'd do goofy para para dancing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's something really satisfying about finding a really nasty bottleneck in front of your base and taking out 900 dudes with a single fairy bomb.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Shin Megami Tensei?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bakalakadaka posted:

Please enjoy this lovely picture of my tv featuring me going mad and creating a tiny god of death

Now everyone can be strong. Even you, baton Zelda.

Holy gently caress, how many Gratitude Crystals did you have to feed her?

DontMindMe posted:

I am working towards something similar, although I got conflicting advice on one thing:

I'm using a Light fairy with double Bombos, because it allows me access to both Light and Fire clothes. Was that a mistake? Should I have just used a Fire fairy with double bombos?

Your fairy's base element is pretty trivial from what I remember. Just pick whichever one gives you thr best clothing options. (There was a water fairy with a unique appearance who came with the Grand Travels DLC, I'm hoping she got placed on the map but I'm not very far in Adventure Mode yet)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The controls probably feel off if you've been playing a lot of regular Hyrule Warriors but I've spent the last week plowing through Breath of the Wild and it fits pretty well.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not crazy about the Divine Beast segments but I'll take about a million of those over ever fighting the loving Imprisoned in Hyrule Warriors ever again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So far I've been getting them from other missions, I just assembled the Desert Voe set and I haven't touched the difficulty settings.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I wasn't really feeling Zelda's moveset but after a few combo upgrades it gets pretty crazy. I'm just slamming minecarts into people all day.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Someone on Reddit cooked up a set where you go to Link's 2h training map, load up on Material Drop % +, and get over 100 meat in two minutes. Apparently a Zora merchant will pay extra for meat.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Same but looking for wood

You can probably just do the first mission and murder all the trees.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I found a bombable wall in the Hyrule Castle mission and inside was a Greatsword with a base damage higher than my strongest levelled weapons and I havent taken it off since.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is 2h Link comically powerful or am I just getting skewed results from a very strong weapon?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm terrible at dodging but I don't take much damage anyway because whatever I'm fighting has been turned into a purée

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm having way too much fun with Teba

Also, I appreciate that while all the other Champions have magic powers or royal bloodlines or magic helmets, Teba is just Some Guy who decided to carpet-bomb all of his problems and so far it seems to be working very well for him.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's hilarious to call one game a 'tedious slog' when the other makes you fight The Imprisoned, more than once.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can arrow charging Lynels in the face but you have to be very fast.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Being the only person who could tell how broken Sheikah Slate Zelda is unlocked his chakras or something. He can read moveset with his third eye now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Between 2H Link and Teba the battlefield just kinda turns to a red smear.