Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What is this?
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is basically the all in one package version of Hyrule Warriors(WiiU)/Hyrule Warriors: Legends(3DS), for the Nintendo Switch. Basically the MK8:D version of those games. If you've missed out on the Wii U or 3DS entries, this is a warriors/muso game but with Legend of Zelda. If you don't know what a muso/warriors game is, it's basically a "murder hordes of little enemies with flashy combos" game. You can pick from a huge variety of characters from the Zelda series ranging from the obvious (Link, Zelda), to the weird (Tingle), to the slightly obscure (Agitha from Twilight Princess, Marin from Link's Awakening)

What's new?
  • If you've only played the Wii U version: Likely a lot. The Wii U version had it's own wave of DLC before the 3DS version added its own content + another big wave of DLC. On top of new characters, weapons and adventure mode maps, Legends Mode added a few story missions related to Wind Waker, as well as some side story missions featuring Linkle. Some missions will now also allow you to select multiple warriors that you can switch between on the fly.
  • If you played the 3DS version: I skipped out on it, but I understand most of the content is the same, but a lot of character and weapon unlocks have been moved around in adventure mode to be better integrated.
  • Item cards in adventure mode can now just be purchased for rupees once you've seen them once.
  • Pretty much all the characters from Legend mode / the non DLC Wii U roster start out unlocked, as does Legend Mode, which no longer has progression gates related to Legends mode.

How do I unlock <x>?

Items:
  • The bow/bombs/etc. are all unlocked through Legends Mode, you might want to play through that first since those items are nearly critical for fighting giant bosses.
  • The Hammer comes from the Wind Waker arc at the end of legends mode.
Characters:
  • Most of the unlockable characters are on the first adventure map which isn't too tough and should be something you can work through without too much extra effort. Some of them are fairly deep into the map though, and will take a bit of time to get to.
  • Tetra, King Daphnes and Medli are all available on the Great Sea map fairly early in, the first two are also unlocked in Legends Mode if you play through the Wind Walker arc.
  • Marin is on the Koholint map and available like on the first or second mission there.
  • Ravio and Yuga are on the Lorule map, which is marked as the hardest adventure map, but the characters themselves are in fairly easy sections of the map. Ravio is only a few missions deep, and the section of the map Yuga is in can be accessed by a warp wall a mission or two after that. (Wait for the message about being able to use the warp wall before trying to use the item on it.)
  • Toon Zelda is on the Grand Travels map, similar to Ravio, not too deep in, and not through any particularly hard missions.
Weapons:
Alternate moveset weapons:
Link's Fire Rod, and Lana's Spear are unlocked in Legend's mode.
The remainder are on the first adventure mode map, with I think just Toon Link's Sand Wand being on the Grand Travels map. I haven't tried for that yet but it doesn't look to be too deep in the map.

Folt the Bolt made a detailed post with all the weapon upgrade unlock locations. But they follow a mostly logical path of rank 2s in Great Sea, and Rank 3s in Master Mode maps. Characters found in the later maps generally have their weapons also on those maps. (Ravio and Yuga both have fairly easy to access rank 2 weapons.)

Tips, Tricks, etc.

• You should probably play through Legends Mode first the unlocks and levels you'll gain from it will give you a good leg up on adventure mode, plus the items are basically needed for taking down giant bosses, but adventure mode will prompt you when trying to start a mission that you don't have the item for.
  • Go into the menu and check Warrior Info->Check Combos whenever playing a new character/weapon - some characters have extra gimmicks to their weapons that are usually explained here.
  • Use the Command function if you have multiple playable characters New from the 3DS version, you can pause and go to the "Command" option to give orders to the other characters. Point them to a keep or a baddie and it'll prevent them from sitting around and doing nothing. This is also useful for...
  • Multiple heroes around a Giant Boss will give you advantages against it Having multiple playable warriors around a giant boss will give you a bunch of buffs that will make it easier to take down. Use the command function to get all your warriors to the boss. (This won't work until you've played a few legends mode levels and the game tells you about the feature.) One of the bonuses for teaming up is gaining a bunch of magic, which ties into...
  • Ending a Focus Spirit (Magic Gauge) early will force a weak point on bosses and warriors pressing A after starting you magic gauge will end it early, but cause anything hit by it to go into the weak point state.
  • Blocking (ZL) enemy warriors/captains makes them more likely to do a special and cause a weak point.
  • You don't need to kill everything. Generally speaking you can ignore small monsters - focus on enemies with names and health bars, particularly around keeps. Outposts aren't particularly important so don't go out of your way for them.
  • Pay attention to the map and warnings. You get a lot of warnings and updates on objectives, but you want to pay special attention to ones that sound particularly dire (x is about to flee, x is about to fall)
  • You can press and hold the dash button to immediately start running.
  • A-Rank requirements for kill counts have gone up a bit from the 3DS version. On the full battle style adventure mode maps, you'll occasionally need 1600+ KOs for an A-Rank so hit that if you want to be on the safe side.
  • You can sometimes get around character limitations/requirements Some missions will require you to select a specific character, or offer rewards for a specific character, but will also allow you to select an additional character. You can safely use the secondary character for the entire mission and still get all the rewards for the primary character.
  • You can only get one skulltula per mission most missions have two skulltulas in them, but you'll have replay the mission to get the second.
  • The "My Fairy" feature is unlocked through adventure mode. You'll need to do a mission that lists a fairy as a reward, be sure to break any pots in keeps on these missions and you should get one. Not to be mistaken for the elemental fairies that are in the centre of keeps in certain missions.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Additional info, tips, and strategy:
Elemental Weakness Chart from Reddit

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's a map in Lorule where you can grind upwards of 10000+ KOs in around 20 minutes (its the mission right below Ravio's Lv. 2 weapon mission). Said mission spawns 3 Summoners who will summon mooks for quite a while as you complete the first mission. If you have the Rupee effect added to the Ravio board (use a Bomb item), you can get upwards of 60000-80000 rupees per go battling the summoned mooks, or upwards of 90000-100000 rupees and more per go if you have the Rupee+ skill on your weapon, as well as 100+ Rock materials to use for any Apothecary items requiring bronze materials. On top of that, it's pretty doable with a Lv. 30 character and with the EXP+ skill, you can also get a decent amount of levels for a low-level character as you farm the other stuff.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 22, 2018

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

^burtle posted:

Linkle owns.

I was kind of expecting her to be another Lana (okay but kind of annoying) but she just owns. Her crossbow moveset is absolutely great. Still need to try the boots.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Lana would be 10x better if she would just shut up. Her voice is the worst. She's a fun character with cool weapons and movesets but THAT VOICE uuuuugh.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head with what I was getting at. Also the Deku Spear is almost downright awful because not only does it suck, it sucks slowly. The one thing I really wish I had in this game was some kind of animation skip for special attacks and weak point attacks. Some of them are just obnoxiously drawn out.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

Anyone know the easiest route to get Toon Zelda? I tried it a while ago and got dunked (though, admittedly, I was exceedingly low level) and was looking to give it another try but this being the first time I really played the game navigating the adventure map is a logistical nightmare of a puzzle
I'll have to go look at my game when I get home to see what I did but by the time I finished Legend mode I want to say my link was around level 40-50 with the master sword, which made getting through any mission where I could use him fairly easy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm the person who's bummed the Oracle games got no rep in this game. There's a bunch of cool poo poo in those games that they probably could of pulled from. The obvious is the Rod of Seasons, but then you got stuff like Roc's Cape, the animal friends, and the magnet gloves and switch hook.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd almost be surprised if a sequel was in the cards with how they've re-released the game not once but twice. Things were probably just held back because they couldn't possibly include everything.

I saw someone complain they didn't understand why everyone was disappointed over forgettable, obscure stereotype character like Groose not being in the game.

On some level, I think they have a point - Groose sort of feels like he's transcended what he was in the game in the minds of fans. That said, Tingle is basically the same thing, and it wasn't like KT was beyond including obscure one-note characters because Agitha is here and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone were to mistake her for being a KT original because I totally forgot about her in TP. Plus they did include the Groosenator.

Also, while we're talking silly ideas for characters: Malo Mart Malo. He just bankrupts the enemy army. Also he overrides the stage music with the malo mart theme.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Probably not but it sounds like a lot of people went with the warriors setup. I chose it because I assumed it'd be better tailored.

For what it's worth I've seen some people use combo nomenclature that's button type neutral. Cx where I think x is the number of lights before a strong. C1 would be "YX" on warriors control, C2, YYX, etc.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Definitely no level requirement. I have the rank 2 weapon unlock and I'm sure i've done them but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be the difference You're on the warriors control scheme, right?

Maybe you're doing them without realizing them? I'm pretty sure right at this time stamp is an example of one of the bomb arrow moves. There should be another in the combo after.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Viridiant posted:

So what's the best way to grind levels/rupees?

Folt had a stage recommendation in the switch thread for rupees that I quoted in the second post of this thread:

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's a map in Lorule where you can grind upwards of 10000+ KOs in around 20 minutes (its the mission right below Ravio's Lv. 2 weapon mission). Said mission spawns 3 Summoners who will summon mooks for quite a while as you complete the first mission. If you have the Rupee effect added to the Ravio board (use a Bomb item), you can get upwards of 60000-80000 rupees per go battling the summoned mooks, or upwards of 90000-100000 rupees and more per go if you have the Rupee+ skill on your weapon, as well as 100+ Rock materials to use for any Apothecary items requiring bronze materials. On top of that, it's pretty doable with a Lv. 30 character and with the EXP+ skill, you can also get a decent amount of levels for a low-level character as you farm the other stuff.

It didn't feel that great for levels but it is a ton of rupees. I'd be curious if anyone knows good grind spots for higher levels.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, I somehow sold my 4+ Shiek harp. I don't know how I did it because I usually scan over the skills before sending it to the sell list.

At least Shining Falcon's screenshot tells me one thing I was wondering: there are starred versions of 4+ weapons. Haven't had any 4+ harps drop since unlocking it 20 or so missions ago though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I’m on my least favorite mission. The three escaping Lanas. How should I deal with them? It makes me want to throw the Switch out the loving window.
It can help if you're not "behind" (messed up earlier objectives) but what helped for me was to sick the other captains on them with the command function. Once you engage one, they'll somewhat stop trying to retreat, so you can sort of abuse their aggro like this. Also, if your other captains are going after them you can quickly swap and at least try to delay them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Ah yeah, that's also a thing.

Been doing quite a few things out of order recently. Current Lv. 4+ weapons gotten (usually without getting some of the lower-ranked ones). Some, particularly the Grand Travels weapons, can easily be done using someone other than the required character:

Hylian Sword (Link, unlocked his Lv. 3 weapon before I got the 4+ version so yeah, but at least he can now hit enemies for supereffective damage using any of the elements in the game now)
What map / where abouts is this one located? I don't see any link 4+ on Grand Travels, I'm guessing its one of the ones on Lorule but the only one I've managed to get to so far is the 4+ epona. (Didnt try the mission since I only have rank 1)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there some trick to the "Defeat your enemies...with kindness!" stages? I got one and there's a million things happening at once, some soldiers spawn, it tells me to protect them, they instantly die, a ghosts spawns and makes me instantly lose.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This game's difficulty makes no sense. Ghirahim's 4+ weapon mission is absurdly hard to the point I couldn't manage an A with Shiek's 4+.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I found for manhandela it helps to stand close, but just out of range of the poison attack, while holding block. If it does a seed barrage you just get in a boomerang after it ends. Gohma tends to do eye beam attacks when you stand at a decent distance, I don't really know what provokes Dododongo though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Ghirahim is plenty capable of doing his Lv. 4+ weapon mission himself, though it being a red square does limit when he can do it.

Though, I'm curious: What problems did you encounter when doing it that kept you from the A Rank? I know of one particular thing that throws a curveball at most players in that mission.

The enemy damage I think was the thing that lost me my rank - everything was just shredding my health even with the water shield. Stuff also feels like it has a lot of health. Keeping up with the mission felt difficult - I couldn't get both bombchus at the start - they have too much and are too far apart, I'm not sure if my Ghirahim has the damage to help enough (still has a rank 1 weapon.) Once I clear the first objective my keep gets swarmed while Toon Link goes off to fight Volga and I basically need to run off and heal him before I can clear my keep out. I think if I were to keep Toon Zelda alive, she might keep some of that stuff out of my keep?

The enemies just feel surprisingly tanky for having a 4+ weapon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

That was the thing I remember being something that would stump a couple players. I particularly remember Volga's keep having an elemental barrier: dispelling that let's Toon Link hold his own for a while against Volga while you clear out the Allied Base.

Practically all red square Lv. 4+ weapon missions are like this. Enemies do butt-high damage and you need to start watching your health because even a single hit can take away a ton of hearts.

You've also hit on one of the reason for why Sheik eventually falls from the lofty standards of breaking the game over it's knee for you: Enemies eventually do so much damage that one hit is more than enough to destroy the shield, and Sheik's moveset is not particularly safe when she does not have the shield to fall back on.

Ah okay, I think on my second attempt I did clear the barrier and it helped, but Toon Link still got whittled down to the point I had to dip out and check on him. I might give it another go with Link, who doesn't have a 4+ yet but a strong level 3. I think the only other 4+ I have unlocked so far is Tetra's. I still haven't figured out how to get to Links' other 4+ missions in Lorule since I've run into a lot road blocks where I have a mission that requires me to use a weak character, either because that tile is between me and where I want to get, or it has the item I need to unlock a path in another tile.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

What are the best practices for upgrading weapons?

Is it as simple as “keep the highest damage weapon with the most slots, upgrade abilities for that weapon as you see fit, sell the rest?” Obviously the responsible min/maxer is going to want multiple upgraded weapons, one a lot of damage upgrades, one with farming upgrades, etc.

For damage though, is it better to upgrade individual combos, or your primary elemental type? Do upgrades for damage reflect themselves in the damage number associated with the weapon?

Also, is any given character more likely to find upgrades for their own weapons, or is it all random for everybody?

I hold weapon damage above all else, but I can't say I'm keen on the impact of the abilities. I keep some spare stuff with +rupee/material/slots/stars around so I can staple them onto any upgrades I get.

I think elemental type only effects attacks that use that element, (so certain combo strings?) and I think they might only effect some aspect of that element, like the water debuff lasts longer, rather then it being a damage up? Someone made a post in the thread about how the elemental stuff works overall because there's like the stage and character element, and then there's combo element and specific enemy elemental weaknesses.

It feels like I almost always get one weapon for the character I'm playing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm think "all attacks are devastating" have always left you at 1 heart? I thought I remember it happening that way in Wii U.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A rank 3 Hylian Sword will also outclass the Master Sword until you unlock it's full potential. (Which I think requires unlocking every weapon & weapon upgrade)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

This thread is awesome and hugely informative. Thanks everybody!

I have a question about weapon upgrades though, specifically about weapon levels. Let’s take Link and the Hylian Sword as an example. Am I understanding this correctly by assuming that the Knight’s Sword would be the Level 1 Hylian Sword, the White Sword would be Level 2, the Magical Sword is Level 3, and so on?

If that’s the case, let’s say I unlock the Level 2 weapon, the White Sword. Three questions:

1. Does the White Sword function any differently (besides being more powerful) than the Knight’s Sword or is it simply a skin change indicating a different weapon level?
2. Assuming 0 upgrade slots filled on each weapon, are Level n+1 weapons always more powerful than Level n weapons?
2. Once I unlock the White Sword, will the Level 1 version of this weapon, the Knight’s Sword, keep randomly dropping? In other words, once I get into the late game, am I going to be dealing with mountains of vendor trash low level weapons I can only sell?

White sword functions identically. It's basically a skin with more damage. And n+1 weapons will always be stronger- the have a base power higher then a 5 star weapon of the previous rank. Higher rank weapons seem to have a higher maximum slot count as well. Previous rank swords will continue dropping, but the upshot is you can still take their skills for your higher rank weapons. Higher rank weapons seem to drop less as well. I've unlocked a few 4+ but haven't had a single one drop outside the guaranteed mission drop.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Has anyone experienced the game crash? Because my game crashed as it was loading the results screen from an Adventure mode mission and it didn't save and I was not happy.

It wasn't a very difficult mission, but still.

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is it just me, or is Link's 4+ fire rod hiding in the locked centre area of Grand Travels? I think the 4+ Spinner is SW Lorule, 4+ Great Fairy is SE Lorule (Don't try that mission with a rank 1) and the 4+ Hylian Sword is central North Lorule. I think the 4+ Gauntlets were on Kohlint? I got them with a 5 star rank 1 gauntlet at level 100ish.

Folt The Bolt posted:

(They then proceed to scour the Grand Travels map for the other Lv. 4+ weapons that lie there since the Golden Train removes character restrictions.)

:eyepop: Been working on this map but totally missed that. I assume Golden Trains can't be purchased from the shop though?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I have Link at ~lv45 and everyone else between 20-40 should I do hard Legend mode to get the second skulltulas? I really only have the lv2 weapons unlocked through the story though maybe I should wait until I have more of those.

Only if you really want to chase the skulltulas. I think at some point you'll want them for apothecary upgrades, but there's also tons in adventure mode, and repeating legend mode so soon might be boring even if its manageable.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That quiz level feels totally awful. I might have to give it another stab but it felt like getting an A would be a total struggle.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Gold Trains can't be bought in the shop. Gold Trains lift character restrictions. There's a good use for them.

Can you unlock 4+ weapons this way, or will you still need the character present to unlock their stuff, like with heart pieces?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kamikaze Raider posted:

That makes me curious. Is there any chance that we may see some DLC for DE? There are definitely more characters they could potentially add, but I don't know if there are any post-release plans for the game.

I'd be surprised since it might undercut the whole "definitive" name, and the closest comparison, MK8:D, didn't get any additional DLC. But this is a separate team/company, so who knows. I dont remember when they announced the DLC for the WiiU/3DS games, but it feels like if we don't hear anything at E3, I'd probably count DLC out.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FPzero posted:

Next Smash Bros replaces Adventure Mode with warriors mode

Certainly has room to be more fun then subspace.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Koholint and Grand Travels is a decent way to pick up some higher grade weapons. Marin's 4+ is funny because it's pretty easy, short and it's like 2 tiles away from her 4 mission which is much harder/more restrictive. Early parts of Lorule aren't too bad either and a fair bit of the map is cheesable with a strong Link.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Or a strong Great Swords!Ganondorf. Even with a Lv. 2 Great Swords. (Heck, I'd probably go as far and say I could probably have cleared his Great Swords Lv. 4+ mission using only a Lv. 1 Great Swords because of the strength of his moveset.)

What's the trick to him? He seems alright but didn't feel that strong to me either - his meter mechanic is nice, but a lot of his combos just feel so slow.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I think you need to train up your fairy right or something for it to work well? I haven't really messed around with it too much since I've been too lazy to figure out how to level fairies.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Leveling fairies requires food, which is far as I can tell is only a reward on certain maps (if you remember to breaks pots) or when you have a certain skill equipped. As such I hardly have any. After many hours my highest fairy on only level 9.

As far as I understand, when you see food as a reward on a map, it's a food unlock that's located in those brown pots in a specific keep. After you unlock a food, it can start dropping from captains like material or weapons. There's a bunch of different types of food, and each has bronze/silver/gold ranks, and I think ranks unlock separately because for awhile I was only getting bronze of one type before I did more missions with food unlocks. Each different food corresponds to an element and gives different stats, you need certain stats to unlock certain fairy abilities, and you can apparently tell what food matches your fairies element because they'll do a happy emote when you highlight it.

I imagine there's feeding guides on how to get the ideal abilities on the fairy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You can also just go to battlefield info through the menu and check where they are. It's really handy for other objectives that don't get highlighted as strongly on the map like recruiters and such.

I don't really like that you have to wait for them to get to the danger state so you can heal them - a few times I'll check in on someone calling for help, they're not low enough to be healed, I try to clear out some stuff, go back to something else that needs to done, only for them to start screaming for help again a short bit latter because I missed one lizafos or some poo poo.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's a phase 1/2 deal. Phase 1 is orbs back into him and phase 2 you gotta punch him in the butt a few times when he starts laughing to make him fall down and WPG. Really make sure you're behind him because I think anything else will just cause him to reset into attacks. His laugh usually follows up one of his big attacks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Imprisoned still seems awful because it needs to flail around forever on the ground after every WPG, and hitting the toes without taking damage feels kind of annoying if you don't have the patience to bait out his ranged attack.

Manhandla rarely gives me problems, I've certainly had it spam the flail and poison attacks to an annoying degree, but more times then not it seems to cooperate.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

If I don't take manhandla down from 51%-0% in one smash it will often sit there doing attacks I can't react to for minutes on end. Also unlike other bosses it you can get unlucky and only take out some of its heads when it exposes itself, forcing you to wait even longer.

Is the Agitha 4+ weapon map remotely doable with a level 2 weapon and 30ish Agitha? It says level 2 but then a Lizalfos bopped me on the head for like 8 hearts with one attack.

The level 2 just means it's the second in the series of missions with that type/name, it's not a strong indicator of difficulty. It's usually map tile colour that determines that, but that disappears once you unlock the tile/map section so it can be hard to tell. I think I gave that mission a pass at a similar power level because it felt like it would just be too much work / stuff wasn't dying fast enough.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Hasn't every single Smash game had hidden characters that were only discovered once the game launched? If there are any more characters in Smashu, that's probably where they'll be.

Linkle won't be in Smash, feel free to quote me on this

I want to say everyone in Smash 4 was revealed before launch.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hm, for some reason I thought I remember them being less secretive about the Smash 4 Roster in a similar fashion of them forgoing a subspace analog since it's just something that would get revealed on the internet/youtube. Maybe I'm just mixing it up with them offering most of the roster upfront in the Wii U version.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

Is there not some white sword weapon requirement or something for Sultullas in the story mode?

The requirements are only by weapon category as far as I've seen. Any Hylian sword will do regardless of rank when the game asks for one. Also, despite it having the same moveset, the Master Sword doesnt count as a Hylian Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You could also just dump a ton of rupees on levels if you got them. That was usually my solution when I came up short on time in situations like those.