Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm not sure how being able to actively participate in battle, using things like runes (especially stasis) and rods, and even certain strong attacks to force a WPG appearance is more of a tedious slog than standing around waiting for a Dodongo King to use the one attack it has that you can make a WPG appear from and then having to do that two more times, just standing around waiting for it to do the one attack and then it decides it wants to shoot the projectile fireballs or just roll around like an idiot. How is being able to actually fight bosses more of a tedious slog than that?

I'm guessing because in HW1 on an average map you fight maybe half a dozen giant bosses + commanders, while in AoC you can have several dozen moblins, guardians, base leaders and commanders? Less time spent fighting per but more overall, something like that?

In any case I sort of agree that AoC is a good game but not everything is better than HW1, all I've left in AoC is getting all the Korok seeds and once that's done I'll put it down until they're releasing DLC. I've had fun up until now, but running AoC bloodmoon maps to grind weapons and levels feels so tedious in a way chipping away at HW1's adventure maps don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU