Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Glad to see that you can fight the great fairies. A decent revenge for them being the worst weapon in the original Hyrule Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Then you're gonna love what happens when you beat all of them!

Boy were you right! Love to not be able to see when my enemy is gonna attack past the massive character, love being completely destroyed by the smallest fire attack, very cool again.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I implore everyone to read the combo explanation screen for every character because this is clearly detailed there, along with the special quirks for every other character’s combos. You can even press the control stick to the right to go to a screen where it explains the individual quirks of that character’s runes. This game is significantly better at explaining mechanics than Hyrule Warriors was.

I’ll be damned if I can remember how to get there though lol

On the screen where you can change their weapons/costume, you press A on Status (the heart option).

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine if animation canceling didn't exist for Ghirahim

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

a cartoon duck posted:

even if some characters are obviously better than others, the developers did a good job of making everyone viable. there's no situation like Ruto in Hyrule Warriors where her special and/or weak point smash actively push enemies out of its own attack range and do no damage. which is especially funny since Mipha takes a lot of Ruto's trash moves and makes them great.

Ruto was my go-to when I had to fight giant bosses, since the ending part of her full normal string melts their wpg. Less good against officers, since they could hit you while stuck in some of her combos.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Alacron posted:

Wait, I was under the impression that the mid-air damage boost applied to enemies you were juggling, not whether or not your character was airborne. If it's the way you described then that's amazing.

There's a separate one for that.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
When you do get the new skill slot, the first skill of whatever weapon you fed to it first will be the skill you add. Since you can only feed 5 at a time, you might need to manage exactly when you level-up a little bit to get the right one.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Twelve by Pies posted:

Teba now has a bow with Midair Attack 22/21/18 on it and he absolutely destroys everything with his C6.

So a question about a couple of recipes I've looked around and can't find good answers on what they do. They would be the Wheat Bread (cooking effects +20%) and the Monster foods (all stats + x% but health - y%). I know the Monster ones sound self explanatory but I cooked the 15% stat boost one and it didn't seem like it did anything. I was running one particular mission over and over again for Hinox guts, and my character seemed to be doing the same amount of damage when I cooked the Monster meal, since I was finishing it off at about the same time as I was when I hadn't cooked it. Unless there's some sort of weird thing where enemies can't take more than a set amount of damage per hit, it would seem to do nothing.

The Wheat Bread boosts cooking effects but what does that mean exactly? If I cook Damage 10%/12% and then Wheat Bread does my damage get boosted by 42%? Warriors Dojo seems to think it doesn't, since when they talked about Zelda's rune damage being boosted by food, they said that everyone else is capped at a 32% boost from food. It's possible he forgot about Wheat Bread, or also isn't sure what it does, though.

They just seem to be weird recipes that have effects that aren't self explanatory or don't seem to do what they say they do.

Not adding a flat +20 percentage points, but multiplying the effect by 1.2 so that'd be 26.4%, not 42%

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there anything special about blood moon levels other than "higher level = better loot"?

The skybox changes.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wave 2 says "expanded roster" which I assume means more playable characters. But honestly Astor, Sooga, Purah and Robbie are probably going to be all we get.

The first HW was a celebration of all things Zelda and plus there was timespace fuckery so they could kinda just throw in whoever, but this game is sort of limited by being just about BotW so there really aren't many other characters they could add that would fit or that wouldn't just be new original characters like Sooga and Astor are.

Joke option though: add the lady who fucks up Link for stepping on the flowers.

Flower-Blight Ganon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I had the same downloading issue a few days ago, but I had figured it was due to Groove Coaster getting delisted because a DLC song said the gently caress word and raised the ESRB rating. I managed to fix it with the bizzare step of canceling the patch download for The Longing.