Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I need Groose DLC before I buy this game for the 3rd time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I havent gotten this version yet, but I recently picked up Fire Emblem Warriors, and despite there not being as many unique and interesting characters/movesets, the quality of life options and general gameplay improvements has made it a lot more fun to me than Hyrule Warriors. A big part of that is how relatively easy it is get good skills on characters in FEW compared to HW, and how customizable the characters are with skill build options.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Going just with BotW canon, we have

Confirmed: Link, Zelda, 4 Champions
Very Likely: Impa, the king

and they could easily do some post game characters that dont interact in the story but give us an excuse for having characters from the modern day BotW like the new champions, and Kass

edit: im pretty sure the Berserk musou from a few years ago had less than 10 playable characters too

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hogama posted:

Potential (roster/story) spoilers through datamined icons:

Link, Zelda, Rhoam, Mipha, Daruk, Revali,
Urbosa, Impa, Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, Riju , Hestu
Great Fairy, Master Kohga, Maz Koshia, Egg Guardian, Ganon(?)

Should be noted these are map icons, and some may not actually be playable, but it's as close to confirmation as we have for the base game (obviously DLC may add more). So up to 18 characters at base, not counting alternate movesets.

that surprises/disappoints me if purah and robbie arent playable, but i guess thats a lot of sheikah scientist movesets to make

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does changing difficulty effect anything reward-wise? I've been playing on Hard so far and I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth enemies just having health and me dying easier just so I can say I played through the game on Hard. What difficulty is everyone playing on? For me, this has been the hardest musou I've played. Health recovery is super scarce (at least on hard)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm surprised nobody has brought up king rhoam in the running for top tier character.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't gotten 100% quite yet, but honestly I'm feeling I reached the end of content a little too quickly in this one. Really hope we get some big dlc maps/missions like in the first Hyrule Warriors. Even if you did grind for endgame weapons and everything, theres not really much to use them on!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ElegantFugue posted:

What are the secrets for Mipha? I always feel like I'm using a version of Ruto with slightly more damage in exchange for way less AoE and some occasional healing (that I only need because Mipha isn't as good at killing as the rest of the cast). Which is impressive, because Ruto wasn't exactly good, even if I enjoyed using her.

dont think of her like ruto think of her like trident ganon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What is the highest level 1 weapon damage I should be looking for to start investing heavily in? Does it vary from weapon to weapon? For some I've found up to 70 base power at level 1, but for others I can't find more than base 60. And for Link, I found a savage lynel sword that is at base 76. Is there a cap to level 1 weapon power?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My guess is 1 pass will give us soogah and astor, and the other will give robbbie/purah. Im guessing we get the villains first, because as enemies they already have their moves in the game. I imagine robbie/purah will have to be made from mostly scratch

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We all assumed we would get robbie, purah, sooga, and astor in the dlc. But i cant imagine they would add all 4 of them in one pack

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, just so I know I'm right here, for the majority of weapons, the new strongest base level 1 power is 76 now, right?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I just now got 77 base power on a Royal Broadsword and a Savage Lynel Spear from a mission with 2 Vicious enemies.

I've seen higher numbers for Link's weapons, but specifically all of the other characters I have yet to see higher than 76

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is it that way for the bikes too?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Falathrim posted:

I learned this lesson at the very end of my play through and was devastated at how much I'd wasted throughout the campaign.

Same. Its made grinding weapons very slow for me now in the endgame

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

how quick is koei tecmo at bug fixes usually? not being able to raise the weapon level limit unless you buy the dlc is a pretty major bug

I dont think its a bug, its a feature specifically unlocked through dlc missions

Edit: i realize you are talking about a different thing, sorry

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Glad to get a video on Ganon, I really didn't get how his gimmick worked

I would be using him way more if it wasnt for the fact that his weak point smash animations take like 15 seconds

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How do you get Monster Ecology reports?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

Kill tough monsters. Hinox, Lynels, Taloses.

I got like 15 of them by doing the Survival of the Fittest mission. That one's pretty dangerous though if you can't kill the monsters fast enough, so maybe do it on easy if you just want the materials.

Is this a dlc mission? I can't find it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

Yeah, it’s like level 80 I think.

I had to unlock the guardian first, which is what I was grinding for to begin with

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think Kohga is a little too low, personally he's in A tier next to slate Zelda. I also think Daruk is a few spaces higher, better than riju and spear link. I don't care that his stasis sucks, he can be almost completely invincible if you know how to abuse his protection

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We should have gotten Sooga and Astor as free dlc like the villains in the first Hyrule Warriors game were. They have battle models and move animations already. The fact that they didn't add them right away, and the first dlc pack came with the Guardian as a total surprise makes me think Sooga and Astor are scrapped as playable.

We also know those 2 plus robbie and purah had voice lines for switching characters, which meant at some point they were planning it. They must have decided they had better ideas though, so I think the last character will be a genuine surprise.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Now that I think about it given his appearance in the trailer and Revali probably talking to him in another scene, it might be Kid Sidon that's the other playable character.

I hope not but its possible. I was hoping revali saying "kid" was referring to Link as a sort of snide remark.

I mean I say that but kid sidon might actually be super fun and funny so whatever. Only thing I actually want is Kass

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is japan gonna get the update earlier? I just wanna see the characters/movesets

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The secret character is unsurprisngly, Sooga

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So these special weapons in the 2nd DLC, the way I have heard it, they start off weaker than most tier 3 weapons, but their potential is higher? I'm hesitant to invest my already good weapons into them before I know if it's optimal

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So I unlocked the level 30 seal on Daruk's new champion weapon, and it is insane. It deals 20% of the damage the enemy would have done while Daruk is blocking. So he can just slowly whittle health bars with 0 risk by holding block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Making this post mostly for my own reference, comparing the current tier 3 weapons with the new DLC weapons on their hidden level 25 and 30 seals. Just a reminder, the Tier 3 weapons cap out roughly 20 damage points ahead, and all hidden seals can be removed and replaced with generic seals if you so choose, so the main reason to go with the DLC weapons is going to rest on the strength of those seals. However, the DLC weapons *do* come with an Attack Speed + seal to begin with, so it might be easier to get a full set of useful seals that way.

Revali:

Great Eagle Bow seals - Midair Attack Damage +, and Chance of Landing Shockwave

Soaring Champions Bow seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Auto Critical Hit after Combos

(I have no idea how the critical hit mechanic works in this case, which one is better depends entirely on that)

Mipha:

Lightscale Trident seals - Special Charge Rate +, and Chance of Landing Shockwave

Serene Champion's Spear seals - Special Attack Damage +, Midair Attack Damage +

(Not sure how useful that shockwave is, but Mipha's DLC weapon has no really unique seals here, so its probably worse)

Daruk:

Boulder Breaker seals - Dash Attack Damage +, and Heal When Defeating Enemies

Steadfast Champion's Greatsword seals - Strong Attack +, 20% Damage Reflected While Guarding

(The damage reflect for Daruk is definitely better than the Boulder Breaker and is worth the downgrade in power I think, first real DLC win)

Urbosa:

Scimitar of the Seven seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Increased Damage to Locked on Target

Nimble Champion's Sword seals - Damage to Midair Enemies +, 10% Chance to KO Weak Enemies

(No idea how useful the KO chance actually is in practice, and I dont know if Urbosa especially does a lot of knocking enemies into the air to make that worth it. Scimitar of the Seven is almost certainly better, but the Champion Sword looks super cool)

Teba:

Falcon Bow seals - Midair Attack Damage +, Damage to Foes with Status Effects +

Swift Hero's Bow seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Chance of Landing Shockwave

(I'm not sure which grants Teba's last combo more damage between strong attack + or midair attack +, but either way the falcon bow is probably better. Again, idk how useful that shockwave is.)

Sidon:

Ceremonial Trident seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Increased Damage to Locked on Target

Gallant Hero's Spear seals - Strong Attack Damage +, Heal a % of Damage Dealt

(These seem roughly equal in how good they are, the healing is a fun gimmick to counteract the damage you take from Sidon's superarmor, but it is a Hexagonal shape seal which usually is hard to get a dull damage bonus with. Up to preference here, but the Trident is probably overall better)

Yunobo:

Rock Roast Flambe seals - Strong Attack Damage +, 20% Damage Reflected while guarding

Stalwart Hero's Feast seals - Regular Attack Damage +, Attack Speed +

(Boring seals on the dlc weapon, but an extra attack speed might be worth it)

Riju:

Bridle of the Seven seals - Dash Attack Damage +, Chance of Landing Shockwave

Thunderous Hero's Bridle seals - Attack Range +, Auto Crit After Combos

(Again, no clue how the auto crit and shockwave works)

Overall the DLC weapons are kind of underwhelming. I had high hopes with Daruk's being so good but it seems the rest are barely as good if not worse, seal-wise. I'm still going to use them because they look cool, however, other than Teba since I already maxed his weapon out in DLC 1.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 1, 2021