Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo Wizzro sucks to play as.

He plays completely differently then most characters. His regular Y attack, the grab and smash, is insanely powerful relative to what you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

I still haven't unlocked all the characters in Definitive Edition, because the game's hard for me.

I still scan five amiibo everyday out of force of habit.

Wouldn't you have enough rupees to just max level every character then? Is that how hard it is that max level characters can't beat the tougher maps?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
They confirmed amiibo functionality right?

Waiting for the resale prices of the Zelda sets to spike up like crazy again. $80 Toon Link here I come! (i already bought one for $40 years ago

Flytrap posted:

Come to think of it, Hyrule Warriors is all about a pair of time traveling witches. While I imagine they'll want to keep the main story straight forward and serious, the existence of Lana and Cia kinda justifies whatever the Hell they want to do with any other modes.

Cia/Lana gives them endless potential for fun, but you can't be horny on a main Zelda title.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If it was Botw only (which would be a huge surprise after the 40+ roster it ended up for HW) they could get creative and introduce some flavor characters like Kass' teacher, younger versions of the elders in the villages. That could easily push it up to 15 if the goron/zora/rito characters all look different enough and have different movesets.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Do not pursue Boo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Postman posted:

Just started playing this and I'm almost done with Legend Mode. I've dipped into Adventure when I just want a quicker session and have a question about searching.

I don't remember where any of these secrets in Zelda 1 are. If I use a card on something that isn't a secret does it waste it? Are the cards going to be plentiful or is wasting one a pain?

Just look up a guide. Cards aren't a limited resource but you don't want to be grinding cards because you're trying to guess where the secret is when they are the least important thing to farm for on the maps.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

We got another trailer / game play video!

https://youtu.be/kkYzYWsRLks

Young Impa is a playable character.

It doesn't really seem like a musou in the same sense as HW1, more like a linear combat focused prequel to BOTW.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FPzero posted:

Agahnim would fit the kind of deep cuts HW1 did with its playable cast, but wow they'd be pulling him out of retirement wouldn't they?

Would make a lot of sense if the whole ancient tech suddenly corrupted, divine beasts hacked, ganon released was helped by some experts on magic/tech. I don't think anything in BotW said there was a traitor, just one day Red Lines and suddenly everything went bad.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Spent 5 minutes trying to get the time for dodge flurry down. Either I'm misreading the attacks or its nearly frame perfect timing. The only ones I mamaged to pull of seemed like blind luck when dodging nonstop.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The demo still says nothing about what they have in store for long term play. The main story being more then 6-7 hours would be hugely surprising. Pretty sure at least 95% of my playtime for HW was the adventure maps.

I'll also say the story seems dumb as poo poo and is little more then a transparent vehicle for fan favorite BotW characters to show up. Robbie and Purah are already showing off some...strong personalities I can't imagine the rest of the cast being any less bombastic.

Sidon will probably try and suplex a lynel or something.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 30, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is paragliding really that much faster then regular running? I used Impa's YX that launches her in the air and it seems like she covers an enormous distance very quickly before she touches down. I don't see any use for wall jumps other then to quickly fly away over

So far each character is wildly unique in more ways then I expected, especially with the R rune and special attack. I didn't really take to Impa or Zelda at first but after a few more tries it's amazing how much flexibility and utility they have.

Money is definitely going to be a hurdle like HW, I'm playing on normal and rushing the map for the first mission, getting 1200+ kills and blowing up every box and barrel I can find for rupees still doesn't give more then ~600 for the mission lasting 15-20 mins.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 31, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mastajake posted:

In case you missed it, there was a 10-minute gameplay video released a couple days ago. Shows off Revali, Urbosa, Vah Ruta, Mipha, Daruk, Spear Link, Two-Handed Link. And also more gameplay from Zelda, Impa, and One-Handed Link, which isn't important if you already have the demo. Though I will say I never tried to use Link's bow in the air so seeing that you still get to snipe with it in slow time like in BotW is pretty cool.

The bow in AoC? It's like an assault rifle you really aren't sniping anything just unleashing a torrent of arrows in front of you. When aerial you just get a stronger attack.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Impa is like, giga dogshit to go into. I get the feeling she's a good character, but swapping to her and 'PUT SYMBOL SUCK SYMBOL' with no real idea of what that even means is so bizarre. Then it throws you to Zelda who is equally just 'huh?'

Probably just need to play more but a overview screen of mechanics or *anything* would be nice instead of "go! Do it now! Why aren't you doing it! Go go go!"

It comes together pretty quick when the story isn't bearing down on you to do stuff, even though there's practically no failure possible in the first map aside from dying.

I've probably played ~2-3 hours of the demo and I've been able to grasp how Impa and Zelda work pretty well after a few uses as a character.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Reviews say the amiibo functionality is just any 5 per day, no special or improved benefits for zelda specific?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Still no DLC news but the wiki says that it's already outsold every other Warriors franchise game in a matter of days so Koei Temco must be beating down Nintendo's door begging to be allowed to make more zelda musous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Only one new character?

Seems kind of off brand for a musou game, especially when Hyrule Warriors went from like 13 to 40 by the end.