Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

b_d posted:

earlier in the thread people were saying you can make quizzes easier by keeping the camera off the wrong answer, but it hasn't worked for me when I've tried it. zelda keeps running up and stabbing my rear end

Yeah, I found that that tip only works when the wrong answer is a non-playable enemy. Playable characters have absolutely no qualms about attacking from off screen and in fact love to time their attacks to deny you hitting the other character’s weak point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Everytime I hear one of the tracks KT did for the new Dissidia I think to myself that it should’ve just been Final Fantasy Warriors

Though my real obscure dream musou crossover would be Trails of Cold Steel. Like you wouldn’t even need a crossover plot, the games’ actual plots would adapt pretty well to a musou game. If anything it would probably be a general Trails of Warriors which I’m also okay with

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It seems like one of the shoulder buttons (couldn’t make out which one on my phone) is gonna be a special “Trait” button that does different things for each character/moveset. For Link’s two-handed moveset you can press it instead of the Strong Attack button in your combo to power up your attacks in exchange for dealing temporary damage to yourself. It looked like Link can heal off the temp. damage by pressing the Trait button by itself to eat food or by doing a Special Attack (which has him eating food as part of the animation)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It was actually unclear what button was being pressed to eat food, it might have been just the strong attack button. But pressing the trait button where you would normally press the strong attack button was definitely a thing they mentioned

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Impa gets a lot more useable when you realize her C4 combo absorbs all the symbols you’ve set at once

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Silver Falcon posted:

I can never get usual Warriors lingo into my thick skull. Is that 3 normal attacks and a strong one, or 4?

Three normal attacks. Y-Y-Y-X

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Edit: Revali seems absurdly strong, which kinda fits with characterization.

Yeah, Revali is a beast both fighting as him and fighting against him. Really helps sell his character considering all he was in BOTW was some smug rear end in a top hat who died without much to show for it

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Yeah, the lack of battlefield management is my only complaint with this game. Glad to hear there’s some more traditional musou missions in the postgame.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

There are Officer-tier enemies who don’t just get mowed down and they’re a lot more fun to fight than in the first HW

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I wish the training room didn’t have that respawning Moblin in there so I could practice my combos without getting poked in the back every five seconds

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So what is just the light attack string called? C0?

Also, didn’t find this out until trying one of the Blood Moon missions, apparently Link will occasionally use a cucco to glide from the tower at the beginning of a mission

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just did that Taming the Lynels mission, only took like ten tries! If you wanna learn how to get good at dodging, I’d recommend that one. It’s relentless and basically impossible if you don’t properly dodge most attacks.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

My strategy for that one, along with the expert one hit mission and the one where the guardians counterattack the citadel, is to just wait until Link is maxed out from doing the rest of the game

Alternatively, you can just use Daruk and his unbreakable guard

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

MorningMoon posted:

this is my first musou and so far i've finished the demo and now Daruk's recruitment mission. Still trying to get a hang of his lava stone stuff. The map management stuff is turning on my brain cells, love doing all the stuff and reading up the cute descriptions. As soon as I finished Daruk's thing I went to camp and used rupies to make everyone level 16 and then fed their weapons, just left a couple with neat looking abilities that didn't seem to transfer.

oh and i love it when theres like one or two big enemies left and their back is towards a wall so I can enter Performance Mode and see how this would run on a theorical Switch Pro.

You have to have an empty skill slot on a weapon in order to transfer a new skill onto it. Weapons start with one slot by default and gain a new one at every fifth level.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I hope we get some quality of life upgrades like being able to buy apples, turning blood moons into a regular selectable difficulty, and giving Link and Zelda separate inventories for each moveset. They’re talking about giving Link a fourth moveset but his inventory is pretty cramped with the three he has

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Hmm, I guess they would’ve said if Purah or Robbie was piloting the Guardian.

Oh well, maybe Zelda will finally have a fun moveset in this game.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It won’t let me download the update either. It’s not even giving me an error code

Edit: Canceling the download and then restarting it by hitting start on the game icon and choosing “Software Update - Via the Internet” seems(?) to have fixed it

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 18, 2021

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Did the bosses always use to have little titles above their names?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know if Reports drop from any mission or is it only the new EX ones?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I’m like 94% of the way to completing the base game content and this is the first I’m hearing of it. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I lost my mind when the fight against the Battle-Tested Guardian started and it dodged out of the way of the laser I had reflected back at it