Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna jump in on Age of Calamity in a couple days. This is my first musou but I got the gist of things from osmosis and playing the demo a good deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

b_d posted:

you don't actually have to open chests or pick up items on the battlefield, you'll get them all automatically

oh hell yeah

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

this is my first musou and so far i've finished the demo and now Daruk's recruitment mission. Still trying to get a hang of his lava stone stuff. The map management stuff is turning on my brain cells, love doing all the stuff and reading up the cute descriptions. As soon as I finished Daruk's thing I went to camp and used rupies to make everyone level 16 and then fed their weapons, just left a couple with neat looking abilities that didn't seem to transfer.

oh and i love it when theres like one or two big enemies left and their back is towards a wall so I can enter Performance Mode and see how this would run on a theorical Switch Pro.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 9, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gonna do the end of chapter 2 after the game awards tonight. I really like the pacing of this game so far. The story levels are hefty enough to do, there's enough side stuff to do inbetween so it doesn't feel old, the side combat stuff is short and sweet, and it just feels good even if i'm six hours and barely in there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just to be sure, the armor in the game is just cosmetic, right? There's nothing wrong with making Link wear nothing but his briefs and a hat?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Idk what the spoiler policy is but chapter 3
the whole time hetsu was guiding us i had an eyebrow up like "ni way hes playable... But whats that red stuff sometimes...?" loving love this roster lol. Felt like a godkimg when i got the master sword holy poo poo

yeah no loving wonder Zelda is bitchy at this link. She can't get her powers and this guy can kill his way through an army :stare:

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1337812996903428096
this is horrific and i love it. Guess Omega Force has made me a crack addict.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 12, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I keep going :stare: with every dude i unlock. Too bad i got 2 chapters left and am way too hooked on the story to try em out. Godking link will have to eat 10k moblins while the rest look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finished the story and hosed around post-game for a bit, but I think I got all I want out of this game. Great 27 hours, but I think I'm not into musou quite enough to want to max out all characters and take on the hundreds of extra missions. Still had a blast, story has me super curious

had to have it explained to me that Terrako's deal is that Zelda's powers kicking in during hte original timeline is what gave him those super duper powers, makes sense.

I really hope 2 uses the disparity between the original timeline and this one. Like, immediately Terrako lightens the scenario drastically by allowing everyone to use the sheikah slate's boosted powers, and specially helps mend Link and Zelda's relationship. I feel that means that a lot of what we see in AoC is a "lighter", more optismistic version of events from the original timeline that could be referenced in 2. Like, say, how Link obtained the master sword in the original timeline leading to Deku Tree not being optimistic enough to go into slumber, or that Aster's plans worked so much better that he never betrayed the Yiga Clan. But I'm also worried that 2 will simply ignore AoC.

I guess in my head it mostly depends on what's in the basement. If that mummy was Aster then 2 could dwell into who he is and why he did things, and how it backfired into becoming a rotting vessel. Probably meaning that in both timelines he used future knowledge.

Still glad we could see things play out, and the tone of the game's pretty good, makes me interested in speculating how things went into the original timeline, how many more losses the gang had to make Zelda even more on edge.