Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

When you're fighting Gibdos, occasionally a bow and arrow prompt will appear above their heads (after they've performed a particular attack, I think). What does hitting them with an arrow actually do here? It doesn't seem to trigger a weak point or anything, as far as I could tell hitting them with arrows just froze them for a second? I find them annoying to fight because you have to kind of keep your distance, but then you don't get much time to move in and hit their weak points.

e: Unless you can dodge or block their scream attack when you're within the radius of it? Is that possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

FPzero posted:

When you hit an enemy with the item it's weak to while that prompt is on screen, the attack they do next, usually signaled with blue particle effects, will not hurt you and will also suck in enemies while also exposing their weak point gauge. The idea is to hit them with that, close the distance while they're hurting the other enemies, then deplete the WPG and get the whole group at once.

I find it's usually not worth it to do the item weak points for anything that has Bombs because you actually have to line up the bomb throw arc and moblins never seem to be vulnerable long enough. I also skip it with boomerang-weak enemies because stalmasters and darknuts often do attacks that leave their WPG exposed. For the rest though, it's a good thing to attempt, especially against gibdos and redeads.
Yeah I got it working with Wizzrobes, I don't know why it didn't seem to do anything for the Gibdos though. The arrows really did just seem to freeze them, they didn't do any attack from what I could see. The game can be chaotic though, so maybe I just missed it.

One thing that's bothering me is the targeting system. The game keeps switching targets on me, seemingly if the camera gets focused on another targetable enemy. Sometimes it might be if I move far from the enemy I had targeted (which is sometimes necessary). It's annoying when you're waiting for the WPG to show up, suddenly the target changes and the camera shifts. :argh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I just finished the 2nd Skyward Sword mission, and wow Ghirahim really went down easily.

Also is it possible to kill the Imprisoned without using the Groosenator? The game was telling me to go for his feet, I knocked it down once doing that (with the boomerang) but there were no prompts for WPG or anything and it just got back up again. Then I couldn't knock it down again doing that, I spent ages hammering it with the boomerang. Eventually I ran off to stop a base being taken over, by the time I was done it was in the air and I shot it down and killed it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I've only used Ruto once, but she seemed kind of bad. I was trying to fight Volga though. Against mobs she seemed better. I just had a problem dodging his attacks when he turns into the dragon.

Linkle is so good though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I was playing with Darunia today and holy gently caress is he slow.