Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Why are some weapons greyed out when I tried to fuse them? I checked and this one is not locked. It's quite a bit higher level than the one I want to smoosh it into, so is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Deceptive Thinker posted:

master sword and bow of light can't be fused into something else

Nah, it's not that. It's one of Impa's swords. Kodachi? I smooshed a bunch of weapons into what I assume is a tier 1 weapon, then picked up a tier 2 and tried to smoosh that old one into the new one, but it's greyed out.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

jackhunter64 posted:

It's probably equipped currently, I clocked this when looking at swapping weapons for Link. You can equip and unequip from the fusing menu by pressing (I think) X.

THAT WAS IT! Thank you so much. That has been driving me absolutely batty! I got several level ups for my shiny new sword.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Yaaaaaay finally got to the credits on AoC! :neckbeard:

Great game! I really enjoyed it.

While I was watching the credits, it played a snippet of the scene where Zelda unlocks her Sealing power and a thought struck me...

She finally managed to unlock it because she wanted to save somebody. That don't sound like Wisdom to me. I swear she's actually Courage.

Now excuse me while I go dive into the post game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Can I just casually toss in a hearty "gently caress you!" to the Hair-Width Trials? Yes, let's take the "all attacks are devastating" maps from the first HyWar, except instead of the enemy also having the same one hit and you're dead restriction as you do, let's give them normal health and you still fail if a Bokoblin so much as breathes on you too hard!

Please say that Expert+ is the last one of these awful maps. I cheesed the hell out of that one with Revali and copious use of ice rods and I feel not a single shred of remorse.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ElegantFugue posted:

You can also destroy them with the universal solution to all problems in this game: Teba, whose attacks are almost all huge-range projectiles, especially his Unique Action which can cancel out attack recovery animations and his C6 which puts him out of range of almost all attacks and deals terrifying damage.

Hmm. I used Revali. Guess I can try him if I decide to retry that level for the Korok.

But I probably won't. I didn't bother collecting all Koroks in BotW and I see little reason why I should here!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Finally unlocked the first post-game character. Took me a long time!

He's neat, and there's another character I can unlock... somehow? But I'm starting to feel like I'm done. Game was fun! I'm just getting kind of sick of hunting around the map for extra missions and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, I think I'm done at this point, after unlocking Calamity Ganon, who is not actually that much fun to use.

My verdict is pretty much the same as before; this game is pretty neat and improves on the combat system of Hyrule Warriors, but it's completely devoid of the strategic element and is thus kind of boring. I am prepared to take this back if they release DLC that has a bunch of actual musou-type content.

Yeah honestly same. I kind of like not having to worry about rankings, though. If there were more full maps with objectives like in HyWar, but without the stupid-rear end requirements for A-ranking, I might be more inclined to keep going. I'm just a bit sick of "Go here, beat up a few enemies, ok now you're done."

The main "challenge" seems to be more them throwing multiple Lynels at you, or the 'don't get hit' missions, which I don't find fun at all.

Still I definitely got my money's worth out of the game and I thoroughly enjoyed the story! Game is good.