Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

OldAlias posted:

because she’s scum. reminder that she got fired from her big tech journo gig in under a day for being a Nazi

hey now she wasn't a Nazi she was just Nazi-adjacent who liked to use racial and homophobic slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

hey now she wasn't a Nazi she was just Nazi-adjacent who liked to use racial and homophobic slurs

she used racial and homophobic slurs tho?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
the internet's owned boy

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

she used racial and homophobic slurs tho?

yes, that's literally and explicitly what my post states

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I've read a few of his blog posts and while some of the topics he chose to write about were super interesting to me, he came across to me as a kind of an annoying dude, not sure how to explain it

I should watch the documentary

rip

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
he was the kind of guy who had people like Dave Winer fawning over him and calling him a genius for writing some code in Python at fourteen and let it go to his head

like hey Winer, where were you in the late 1970s and early 1980s when the personal computer was hitting the big time and every nerd in grades 5-12 was writing games in 6502 assembly?

(Winer was in grad school at UW Madison and then writing Serious Business Software for the IBM PC and then the Mac, he kinda missed the 8-bit stuff)

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

OldAlias posted:

big tech journo gig

no such thing

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

“big” “tech” “journo” “gig”

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

he was the kind of guy who had people like Dave Winer fawning over him and calling him a genius for writing some code in Python at fourteen and let it go to his head

like hey Winer, where were you in the late 1970s and early 1980s when the personal computer was hitting the big time and every nerd in grades 5-12 was writing games in 6502 assembly?

(Winer was in grad school at UW Madison and then writing Serious Business Software for the IBM PC and then the Mac, he kinda missed the 8-bit stuff)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I forgot all about this guy and everything about it thanks op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

OldAlias posted:

“big” “tech” “journo” “gig”

lol