Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

In time, you will know the tragic extent of my failings...


Doctor Rope

Ronelon Nornole
Arrows: 16/20

Elonron loosed two arrows in quick succession at the rodent left of Blaxton.

(6, 18: 1 dmg. @AI14)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

Let your word be "Yes, Yes" or "No, No"; anything more than this comes from the evil one.



Kithe Lutenec
HP: 6, AC: 13

"Gods drat you! Take that!"


Stay put, attack Rat #1

Attack: 4

drat and double drat

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME


Thistle Girdwood



Thistle nocks a couple more arrows and runs past Kithe to stand behind Blaxton and fire at the rats again. They're going down quite nicely, this fight should be over soon. Good. About time for a celebratory smoke.

1d20 RRH Rat 1 = (19) = 19
1d20 RRH Rat2 = (19) = 19
repeat (1d6, 2) = (5) = 5, (6) = 6

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard


Slippery Tilde

The rats spasm one final time, impaled on Thistle's arrows. One gnaws feebly at Taine's boot while expiring, leaving a slobbery trail of bloody mucous.

And with that, combat's over. As noted in the discord, going forward we'll do an alternate combat sequence:

a) roll initiative
b) winner of initiative chooses to act or delay
c) if they choose to act, the winner does all movement and attacks, if they delay the loser does all movement and attacks
d) if the winner delayed they move and attack, otherwise the loser moves and attacks.

Basically, the winner of initiative can choose to do their stuff first or second. During your sides' turn, you all will have to figure out how to sequence your moves and stuff, if it's important--there's no set order within a given sides' turn. Ping me in discord if you have any questions.

Current map:


Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

"That's hoo its dain kimers an' gents. Lit th' bodies an' press aheid."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

In time, you will know the tragic extent of my failings...


Doctor Rope

Ronelon Nornole
Arrows: 16

Satisfied with the rats destruction, Elonron stopped to listen, but was too preoccupied with searching for his fired arrows.

[5 hear sounds, 96 retrieval... blech]

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007


Fallen Rib


Taine

As the final rat falls dead to the ground, Taine moves closer to the southern passage, staying alert in case the noise of combat has attracted any unwanted attention.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

Moving to support Taine

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

In time, you will know the tragic extent of my failings...


Doctor Rope

Ronelon Nornole
Arrows: 18

Finding 2 of his fired arrows, Ronelon follows the lead of Taine and Blaxton, and moves towards the next pillar.

AK8

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 03:54

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

Advancing to next corner



(Green arrow notating Anomalous' move)

Loel fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 23:13

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard


Slippery Tilde



Blaxton ducks his head around the corner, revealing a long corridor stretching to the edge of his light. It's not clear if there's another corridor opening further down--he think maybe but it's tough to tell.

Ronelon gathers up his arrows and tucks in behind Thistle.

From down the corridor you can smell a organic, briny scent, like rotting seawater.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

Advance the corridor, axe and shield at the ready.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007


Fallen Rib


Taine

Taine follows Blaxton down the corridor.

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

Let your word be "Yes, Yes" or "No, No"; anything more than this comes from the evil one.



Kithe Lutenec
HP: 6, AC: 13

Kithe runs ahead and falls in behind Blaxton, peering around the corridor. She sniffs the air audibly. "Whatever it is, it's no mere tide pool. I'm sure there's something alive down there. And I could locate it, if I already knew what it was."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

In time, you will know the tragic extent of my failings...


Doctor Rope

Ronelon Nornole
Arrows: 18

Quietly follows up near the rear keeping his ears and eyes open.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard


Slippery Tilde



You advance through the tunnels, your breathing harsh in the relative quiet. From the circular room comes the faint sound of water dripping and there's obviously a hole in the ceiling--light is visible to Ronelon and the others as they pass.

Note that the coordinates have shifted slightly due to the Maptools screwup. Sorry, took me a bit to recreate things more or less how they were. Let me know if I screw up positioning.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

"Ye hae tae watch it fur drap bears, places loch thes. they'll rip yer coopon aff."
Watch the hole in the ceiling warily, shield ready to repel anything.

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME




Thistle Girdwood

If it was gonna be multiple targets, surely they'd be swarming down out of that hole in the ceiling. Thistle reaches back and stores her longbow, drawing her spear instead. "Smells like we might need a harpoon afore too long... Joke's on 'em, fish are excellent sacrifices." She follows Blaxton down the hall, ready to strike.

Forward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.





Blaxton Knibbs

9/9 HP, 15 AC, 14 Save

This probably connects to the northern tunnel, and gives us a chance to loot Bastian while we're up there



  • Locked thread
«2 »