Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

"Monasteries... last one I been to thought I was possessed, tried to exorcise me. Pah! A few novices shan't be much trouble..."

cat_herder fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 01:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

"Elves sound like work, 'nd the other group sounds like trouble. Besides, aren't ye stealin' from kin? Our friend here," Thistle drapes an arm across Blaxton's shoulders. "Our friend here from the isles decided to drink a couple o' gits under the table last eve, so let him be. I'll interpret: Altar boys don't put up any fight, so we're gonna give them what-for 'nd take their gold. Yer trapper's probably long gone."

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

"Abandoned keep and a whole storeroom of treasure sound mighty temptin', but I'd like to have better duds afore we approach any necropoli. Won't say no to anythin' good we find along the way, of course..."

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

Thistle grins and pulls her longbow over her shoulder, a few arrows tucked between her fingers. She lights her lantern and dangles it from the pole strapped to her gear, and with a cackle she follows Blaxton down the stairs. "Oi, wait up, save some for me!"

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

The right archway looks as likely as the hall, and Thistle likes to be thorough when she explores places. She nocks an arrow and follows Blaxton around the corner, the dangling lantern casting wild shadows everywhere.

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

Pillars mean places to hide, and Thistle keeps her back to the wall, stepping into the corner behind Blaxton. From here she's got a pretty decent view of the room, but for the places hidden behind the pillars, and she eyes the shadows suspiciously, ready to shoot first and ask questions later.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 01:18

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

Arrow nocked, bow up, keeping an eye on the shadows. This is a pretty good spot to stay in if there's a battle; cornered, but the door is a few short steps away. Arrows might maybe be overkill on small animals, but she can retrieve any that don't break, surely? Unless it's large, the others can likely take care of things.

Ready action, shoot first enemy I see.

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

No spells from me this round.

This corner spot is boring and it sounds like the rats are directly on the other side of the pillar. Well, that won't do at all. Thistle leaves her spot to take up a new, roving position behind Taine and Blaxton, the rats finally visible in the sooty light of her lantern. With a grin, Thistle brings up her bow and fires at two of them...

Rat 1: 1d20 RRH Thistle vs Rat 1 = (15) = 15
Rat 2: 1d20 RRH Thistle vs Rat 2 = (12) = 12

repeat (1d6, 2) = (2) = 2, (4) = 4

The first rat is nicely wounded, and the second actually dies. Too bad it's so early in the day, or she'd collect the corpse for stew later.

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

No spells from me this round.

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

Thistle nocks a couple more arrows and runs past Kithe to stand behind Blaxton and fire at the rats again. They're going down quite nicely, this fight should be over soon. Good. About time for a celebratory smoke.

1d20 RRH Rat 1 = (19) = 19
1d20 RRH Rat2 = (19) = 19
repeat (1d6, 2) = (5) = 5, (6) = 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 16, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Thistle Girdwood

If it was gonna be multiple targets, surely they'd be swarming down out of that hole in the ceiling. Thistle reaches back and stores her longbow, drawing her spear instead. "Smells like we might need a harpoon afore too long... Joke's on 'em, fish are excellent sacrifices." She follows Blaxton down the hall, ready to strike.

Forward!

• Locked thread