Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Lowtax posted:

I'm opening up my Plex server to anybody who wants to watch obscure, terrible, incompetent horror movies. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com and I'll invite you to my Plex server so you may enjoy utter poo poo. Have a bitchin' summer!!!

Lowtax has graciously given us the gift of bad movies. If you haven't already e-mailed him to get access to his media servers on plex, you should. I have. Be sure to have a Plex account already set up and tied to the e-mail you send to Lowtax.

I thought it would be fun to organize a group watching, and enjoy these travesties against film together as a goony family. There's almost too many movies to pick from, so the first thing we should do is all agree to a movie and time to watch it together.

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
one day someone is going to make a movie based off of lowtax's life and it's going to be unbelievably hilarious.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Sound of Music is a good movie. Let's watch that one.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

one day someone is going to make a movie based off of lowtax's life and it's going to be unbelievably hilarious.

Could honestly see it as Cohen brothers comedy what with the tinges of absurd but still sad drama.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Somewhere I have a copy of Doom House on DVD.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

a bone to pick posted:

I'd pay :10bux: to see that movie, but what director would be up to that challenge? Uwe Boll?

Fellbat posted:

Could honestly see it as Cohen brothers comedy what with the tinges of absurd but still sad drama.

Oh hell yes.

Orange Sunshine posted:

The Sound of Music is a good movie. Let's watch that one.

We're watching bad movies in this thread.

Waffle House posted:

I'd be up for watching that if I had a copy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Waffle House posted:

The thread is about bad movies.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I email Lowtax on a daily basis. We're buds & we watch movies together.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goontube was pretty good so im down for watching more awful poo poo together

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I email Lowtax on a daily basis. We're buds & we watch movies together.

How charged is your crystal?

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
In no particular order:

Special Silencers
Human Tornado
Alien Terminator
Dolemite
Holocaust 2000
JUNGLE WOLF
Hard Rock Zombies
KUNG_FU_MASSACRE
E.T. Nasty
Enter the Fat Dragon
Freakshow
Killer Fish
Alligator
Antropophagus
Cobra Thunderbolt
Alien Motorcycle
City of the Living Dead

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
Crud Hut theater is online now!

I nominate Killer Fish as our viewing displeasure.

First movie to get 5 nominations, will be watched.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

In no particular order:

Special Silencers
Human Tornado
Alien Terminator
Dolemite
Holocaust 2000
JUNGLE WOLF
Hard Rock Zombies
KUNG_FU_MASSACRE
E.T. Nasty
Enter the Fat Dragon
Freakshow
Killer Fish
Alligator
Antropophagus
Cobra Thunderbolt
Alien Motorcycle
City of the Living Dead

‘phagus isnt that bad by italian splatter standards but its probably edited to all hell

hard rock zombies is bad-entertaining, eva braun is a werewolf with switchblades

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

curlys gold posted:

‘phagus isnt that bad by italian splatter standards but its probably edited to all hell

hard rock zombies is bad-entertaining, eva braun is a werewolf with switchblades

Can I take it your nomination is for "Hard Rock Zombies?"

That list is by no means the only choices, just a few movies that The Taxman mentioned, and a few others that popped out to me. For a full list the easiest thing would be to check out Lowtax's plex server yourself.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am curious about E.T. Nasty.

Enter the Fat Dragon and Cobra Thunderbolt sound interesting too.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I like midget movues like willow are ther any midget movies in the taxmans catalog?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
anything where a tube kid comes back from the brink with a burning hatred of non tubed kids?

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I am curious about E.T. Nasty.

Enter the Fat Dragon and Cobra Thunderbolt sound interesting too.

All promising choices.

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I like midget movues like willow are ther any midget movies in the taxmans catalog?

With a quick glance, I found "Freakshow" and "The Funhouse" which are both carnival themed movies. So there's a good chance there might be midgets in those.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Hard Rock Zombies has cannibal nazi sex pervert midgets.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

BloodRed posted:

anything where a tube kid comes back from the brink with a burning hatred of non tubed kids?

Found a movie called "The Clone Master" that promises unforeseen problems. Maybe you'd like that?

E: also just found "The Clones of Bruce Lee."

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 24, 2018

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

curlys gold posted:

Hard Rock Zombies has cannibal nazi sex pervert midgets.

Just changed my nomination to "Hard Rock Zombie."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

City of the Living Dead is not a bad movie, it's a great movie. :colbert:

client
Aug 19, 2010

With a quick glance, I found "Freakshow" and "The Funhouse" which are both carnival themed movies. So there's a good chance there might be midgets in those.

the funhouse has a deformed monster in a frankenstein mask who has a premature ejaculation problem, but no midgets as far as i remember.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

client posted:

the funhouse has a deformed monster in a frankenstein mask who has a premature ejaculation problem, but no midgets as far as i remember.

it’s the dud tobe hooper movie that’s bad-boring as opposed to eaten alive or lifeforce which are totally nutballs

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Gonna email Lowtax so I can get in on this.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

LabyaMynora posted:

City of the Living Dead is not a bad movie, it's a great movie. :colbert:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it now, I haven't seen many of these movies I'm suggesting, so if I suggest an actual good move, just keep that in mind.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Gonna email Lowtax so I can get in on this.

Woo! Don't forget to nominate a movie so we can do a group watching.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I sent the taxman an email seven hours ago but I haven't heard back yet. I am sad about this. I hope I get access in time for the group watch.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I don't know what Plex is.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

vortmax posted:

I sent the taxman an email seven hours ago but I haven't heard back yet. I am sad about this. I hope I get access in time for the group watch.

No worries, we haven't had enough nominations for a movie yet, and when we do I'll announce it for the next day, assuming the server is on that day.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wait, was I supposed to suggest a movie when I emailed Lowtax? Cuz I forgot to do that.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Vato posted:

I don't know what Plex is.

It's a free streaming service, where you can set up your own media servers, and invite other users to share these servers.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Wait, was I supposed to suggest a movie when I emailed Lowtax? Cuz I forgot to do that.

No, I just meant to nominate a movie to watch together, and post about, itt. It's probably confusing because you don't have access to the movies yet. I'll look through them and post some more titles that jump out at me.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
"Cockneys vs. Zombies" (2012) a gang of bank robbers team up with the residents of an old people's home to try to survive a zombie outbreak.

"Dead End Drive-In" (1986) in the near future drive in theaters are turned into concentration camps.

"Death Spa" (1988) michaels health club is besieged with a series of terrible murders involving killer suanas and other grisly devices.

"The Oily Maniac" (1976) a cripple takes revenge on criminals by using a magic spell that transforms him into an oily monster/superhero.

"Ömer the Tourist in Star Trek" (1973) The Enterprise picks up a Turkish hobo.

"Ghost Dad" (1990)

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

I have the Goon Con 2004 DVD because apparently I suffered head trauma in 2004 (entirely possible as I've had two concussions that I know of.)

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
Be sure to have a plex account already set up and tied to the e-mail you sent to Lowtax. Sorry for any confusion.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

"Cockneys vs. Zombies" (2012) a gang of bank robbers team up with the residents of an old people's home to try to survive a zombie outbreak.

"Dead End Drive-In" (1986) in the near future drive in theaters are turned into concentration camps.

"Death Spa" (1988) michaels health club is besieged with a series of terrible murders involving killer suanas and other grisly devices.

"The Oily Maniac" (1976) a cripple takes revenge on criminals by using a magic spell that transforms him into an oily monster/superhero.

"Ömer the Tourist in Star Trek" (1973) The Enterprise picks up a Turkish hobo.

"Ghost Dad" (1990)

death spa and oily maniac are good

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
What, no Chopping Mall?

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
"2019: After the Fall of New York" (1983) After a nuclear war, society breaks down into two groups, the evil Euraks and the rebel Federation.... to rescue the only fertile woman left on Earth.

"The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans" (2009) Nicolas Cage. A personal favorite. For some reason the director is listed as Werner Herzog... that can't be right.

"Forbidden World" (1982) Also known as Mutant? Someone please link the movie poster? You'll know the one.

"Chopping Mall" (1986) A group of teenagers that work at the mall... robot security system... malfunction.... killing spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

"Forbidden World" (1982) Also known as Mutant? Someone please link the movie poster? You'll know the one.

not to be confused with the wings hauser movie called mutant, forbidden world has a loving kickass grindhouse-level trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDWjXk335s

e: oops had the german trailer

curlys gold fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 24, 2018

• Locked thread