Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
stop tormenting manbagi fans, author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Grouchio posted:

Are there any inklings that he might know that Komi/Manbagi/Other friends are interested in him?

Sure, watch whenever he blushes. He's bright red around Komi nearly every time they interact. Manbagi practically flinging herself at him when he went to help her fish got him sorta flustered too. So subconsciously I think he's aware at least, but he's somewhere between too self-loathing and too polite to think anybody's really serious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's also been in so many weird situations that have awakened things in him as well.

But really the answer is that he's a teenager, both Komi and Manbagi are very pretty and they could burn their tongue on a cup of tea and he'd blush and feel weird about staring even if something as small scale as that happened.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This week's chapter is very good but very long. I think it could take a bit to translate.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1002213 That room looks a lot more comfortable than some hotels I've stayed at before.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wittgen posted:

This week's chapter is very good but very long. I think it could take a bit to translate.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I'm happy to be wrong.

And I love Tadano's family.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hitomi eavesdropping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZnTfsC-nqY

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why was Manbagi's grandma egging her to do lewd poo poo in one scene, and demanding her security to Tadano's parent in another?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Make your move, Manbagi. Get everything you want.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Why was Manbagi's grandma egging her to do lewd poo poo in one scene, and demanding her security to Tadano's parent in another?

it seems like context would indicate she was not telling manbagi to gently caress tadano, but rather possibly telling her to not gently caress tadano

i used the powers of connecting two thoughts together to determine this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

stop tormenting manbagi fans, author

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1008374/1

Manbagi is thirsty but can't take the initiative in bed.

Tadano heard her confession though

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 25, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That was so drat cute.

Took me a bit to realise the lower-case meant Manbagi was whispering/talking quietly about her lustful urges and that it wasn't Komi somehow confessing to that. Those two girls are so good for each other.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know this is a romcom and this is as cliché as it can get, but pretty please Tadano: With a cherry and choco-chips on top, please rise to the occasion and don't dither. Acknowledge that you heard Manbagi's 'fessing up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poly ending or the author/publisher are cowards.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kitai confesses next or the author/publisher are cowards

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yamai/komi or the authors a coward

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I really like the parts where Komi actually talks. She could've just texted Manbagi too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm expecting Tadano dates Manbagi, eventually they break up for some reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
*Shia lebouf "DO IT" gif*

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Next chapter is emergency love talk. I believe it will be Komi talking with shogi girl and Ms. Yoyo, but it would be great if it was Tadano talking with someone.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MANbagi gonna bag her man.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Personally I'm rooting for manbagi

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Cue School Rumble-level derailment and just clowning all over every faction. :twisted:

I'm joking. Please don't do this, Oda. :ohdear:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wark Say posted:

Cue School Rumble-level derailment and just clowning all over every faction. :twisted:

I'm joking. Please don't do this, Oda. :ohdear:

This would also work perfectly well as a comment about One Piece.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Please don't make these comparisons. I'm gonna be so fuckin cross if things keep getting strung out after this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think oda has the seething contempt for their characters that a school rumble ending requires.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Wittgen posted:

Next chapter is emergency love talk. I believe it will be Komi talking with shogi girl and Ms. Yoyo, but it would be great if it was Tadano talking with someone.

why not both?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My sincere apologies, goons. I overstepped my bounds back there. :ohdear:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think oda has the seething contempt for their characters that a school rumble ending requires.

I'm not familiar, what's that?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crasical posted:

I'm not familiar, what's that?
I think someone can break it out better/more eloquently than I can but basically: Nobody on the main cast ends up together. The main(-ish; there are a lot of important characters) girl ends up getting nowhere with the boy she likes due to the aforementioned boy having the equivalent of Anime Alzheimer's, yet he's sorta trying to remember her. The actual main guy that had an ok character arc ends up regressing back to being a delinquent and alienating every single friend/love interest he made. The End... Well, sort of. The mangaka has been writing these extra chapters at a rather irregular schedule right after 2009 which hint that some people might be getting together, but they also seem like an acid trip one or more of the characters are having.

And this is from a gag-heavy romcom manga.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Yakumo deserved better

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MJP posted:

Yakumo deserved better

Yakumo deserved better, but Harima is better off with someone who can point out his bullshit like Eri does and he also does the same for her. Which is why there's that hinted ending of them getting together I guess.

Anyway, ganbatte Manbagi, I fully expect everyone to be disappointed.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

School Rumble is mostly about misunderstandings and coming to hate the characters you once loved.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The only good thing I can say about School Rumble is that I still laugh about the Harry McKenzie bit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope manbagi wins and destroys the devil known as Komi.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope everyone is happy and gets what they want in the end. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
except yamai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Especially Yamai.