Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
For me, it's the acceptance his classmates give him that gives me the warm fuzzies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.viz.com/vizmanga/komi-cant-communicate-chapter-432/chapter/40965?action=read

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That was a very warm and fuzzy chapter.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Everyone is so much fun. This comic lost a bit of its dramatic momentum when they started dating, but it's so good just being warm and fuzzy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
https://www.viz.com/vizmanga/komi-cant-communicate-chapter-433/chapter/40979?action=read

Tadano is a good boy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He really is the best boy.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I love that he uses his reading the room superpower to see the best in people. It's really heartwarming.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Go for the throuple Tadano you coward

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TwoPair posted:

His loyalty to Mistress Komi is absolute. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

It's already a throuple thanks to Kawaii.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

I choose not to count her cause she sucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TwoPair posted:

I choose not to count her cause she sucks

Do you mean Yamai?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Xelkelvos posted:

Do you mean Katai?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I liked this week's chapter. Komorebi is fun. and Komi accidentally getting owned is a great bit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wittgen posted:

Komorebi is fun.

She's definitely one of my favorite side characters when she appears. I mean she's got a good design (and memorable too, which is better than I can say for some of Komi's more "normal" friends who kind of blend together in my head sometimes), a funny gimmick even if it is one-note, and of course a great name pun to boot.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Susumi developing a crush on Komorebi is so :kiss:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

New chapter. Holy poo poo Moe Ashitano rules. What a grade A gag.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

At what point do Komi-san and "The 100 Girlfriends who (Really)^5 Love You" basically just start swapping general character themes since they'll have problems coming up with 100 unique, distinct characters for each manga without copying one another?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, I'm not really sure if sticking so strongly to the "100 named friends" structure really benefits Komi all that much, because it's meant tossing in a lot of one-shot gag characters who frequently don't even feel like real people.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, after a certain point you’re sidelining actually funny characters for more mid ones. I think we’re at the end stretch anyway, we’re at, what, over eighty friends?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I also think you lose a lot by sidelining the more-average end of the cast like Chiarai and Sonoda, because without them as anchors the class stops feeling like an actual class and more like a zoo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I agree that the 100 friends are becoming more of a figurative albatross around the story's neck at this point. There are lot of funny characters I cared more about earlier in the story who felt like they actually had lives beyond their gimmicks and/or Komi and nowadays new gimmick characters just pop up like a chapter or two then fade into the background never to be seen again

Then again...

Wittgen posted:

New chapter. Holy poo poo Moe Ashitano rules. What a grade A gag.

It took me way too long to get the joke but you're right that is A+ material. I redact my previous comment, bring on the dumb gimmick name army.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Not sure if the public confession in the latest one is what she wanted to have happen. I'm actually not sure if they're going to actually end up together, Manbagi seems like she isn't really interested in him romantically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Manbagi seems like she is determined never to go out with a guy until after she falls head-over-heels in love with him and she's just shooting herself in the goddamned foot.