Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thanks for making this thread! I see this manga in bookstores all the time and the cover art is really pretty but I had no idea what the content would be like so I never looked into it any further. This looks super cute and funny and I am intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kibibit posted:

There's definitely times where it's the author for sure (like the "Why are you going to the women's changing room" scenes), so while they're few and far between, I'd definitely get why those gags would turn someone off.

The pronouns on the other hand, I'm 95% sure that's more the scanslator than the author, as I'm pretty sure Japanese pronouns aren't gendered.

There are gendered pronouns in Japanese, kare for he/him and kanojo for she/her, but they aren't used as often as we use them in casual conversation. Pronouns can be omitted half the time based on context, they can use non-gendered pronouns, or most commonly they'll just use that person's name. That's why it's super easy to do the 'uncertain gender' thing in Japanese and way more awkward in English since they/them isn't very common yet.