Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

HenryEx posted:

His phone unlock pattern is probably extremely lazy, like

a single swipe to the right

What about a jump to the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kadai is Kadbi

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The realness of those "are you okay"s and "I'm not okay" hit harder than I ever expected it to. I've been in a different position where I got asked those same things, had that same reaction, and had that same outcome. Not to e/n but the mangaka got such a drat touch on Manbagi's emotional state. I wanna give him and her a hug and tell them it'll be okay, time will put all their foes in the ground/it'll get better.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never actually really been emotionally invested in a love triangle, and I've been Team Komi since the beginning, but holy poo poo that chapter was a punch to the gut. I keep going e/n about how I've been there but not in a romantic situation, and it's still e/n, but still holy poo poo.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

I want to see Komi's Benusupo face.

SO BAD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Komi_san/comments/elorne/i_drew_komisan_after_trying_the_somewhat_tasty/

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
249 is out, and Yamai Ren needs to be removed

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Isn't she basically like Salama from Amagi Brilliant Park? :raised:

Only that Salama kept it online

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Cue School Rumble-level derailment and just clowning all over every faction. :twisted:

Yakumo deserved better

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whenever anime has someone going to their civil service office and getting all the things done so easily, in person, usually in one visit, with people actually guiding them through the complex crap that is any civil bureaucracy, I just seethe with envy.

She walked into a neighborhood office to get identifying documents AND apply for a passport, which she got in two weeks? Maximum jealousy

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8YIbhJhH7s

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a very good chance they'll land in Newark. And be in New Jersey.

Komi-san Can't Navigate a Jughandle

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Komi-san can't navigate the MTA's bus schedule and ends up in the Bronx. Nothing against the Bronx, but the hotel is in Midtown.

Komi-san Can't Boogie-down

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wittgen posted:

That second chapter.

So this is the Met, right?

Yep, the Temple of Dendur is a dead giveaway. Oda either has killer reference photos or has been to NYC.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

The shot of the front steps has entirely too few buskers.

Shame that Times Square isn't still a pre-Giuliani style shithole, they'd have to explain why it looks basically like Kabukicho

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait a heck, isn't that LOVE thing in Philadelphia, not NYC?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a very non-zero chance that the old man is wearing a yarmulke, and I'd really love it if that was true

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They showed the Oculus, categorically the worst part of Manhattan, nice

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

What about Chinatown at night? (I remember wandering with my parents around 10pm one night in 3rd grade; the whole place reeked and the resturants had roasted ducks and pigs on their display)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyueCc8CTqQ

Stay the hell outta my metro area, Chinatown at night kicks rear end, doubly so in Flushing if you don't mind the schlep to get there

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They got bagels. Oda confirmed for having actually been to NYC.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's winter in the manga, right? Five hundred million Bison dollars says that whatever's gonna go down is gonna go down at the Rockefeller Center tree.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else think that Tadano has a pretty bad case of impostor syndrome?

He only now realizes that he just doesn't see himself as worthy of having someone like him, or to be with him. Whatever positive qualities that Manbagi and Komi see in him, he never saw them in the same way or at all. The qualities they see just aren't there for him, he doesn't see them, and doesn't feel like he's worthy of having them or is just faking at having them.

Maybe that was a gut-punch for me thanks to my own life stuff but drat, it resonated.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was absolutely 100% how awkward teenage crushes look like, what a way to kick off the anime hype train and us manga readers having so very much to lord over the anime Eternal Septembrists

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does Japan really think that socks with sandals are a good idea or is there a very elaborate joke I missed out on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lord Awkward posted:

Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him?
...What, will these hands ne’er be clean?

We already have Is This a Dagger Which I See Before Me?