Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

people have talked about it enough i decided id just check the raws wrt to pronouns

anyway, i could only find two examples to compare against the raws, and in both cases the he/she/it was a translator liberty. japanese pronouns aren't exclusively gender neutral like some were claiming (彼女/kanojo can be used for she/her and 彼/kare for he/him) but these aren't used too often and in the cases I found they used こいつ (koitsu) and あいつ (aitsu) which are casual gender neutral pronouns basically meaning this guy and that guy resp. its possible they're extrapolating from something the manga does somewhere i didn't look but im not going through the whole thing.

anyway this has been cake flexing his japanese knowledge on you all, peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU