Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sockpuppetclock posted:

I dunno how people actually stopped reading because of Yamai. Like it was ridiculous in the bad way but everything else about the manga is so cute and/or heartwarming up to and beyond that point there wasn't really a reason for me to get hung up on it at all.

e: me reading this manga

I don't think it was just Yamai, though Yamai was a large part.

It was just the general treatment of Tadano by pretty much everyone who wasn't Komi or Najimi that kept some peeps I knew from continuing on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That loving flip was inspiring.

God bless Tadano-chan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That twirl was the cutest poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New manga, what's Dis (posting)?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

StandardVC10 posted:

Excuse me the proper term for that expression is "vibrating owlcat."

That's a beautiful description.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

projecthalaxy posted:

Then the heartbreak train is just diverted to Komi Station?

I would kill everyone in this thread and then myself if Komi's heart was ever broken.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh god I'm so happy for those two.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hitomi is no person, she is a force of nature.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TL Note: Hito means person.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CannonFodder posted:

I powered through this over the past three days and enjoyed it thoroughly. Najimi's D&D alignment is Chaotic Joyful. Tadano / Katai is the OTP. Isagi may be a neat freak but the room got all dusty during the second panel of this page (after the Student Council election). But there's one great moment that I have to point out.

When the gang goes out for karaoke, Tadano picks "Tentai Kansoku" as his song. Most of the gang is ignoring him but Komi is watching and participating and enjoying the song. Later, during Golden Week Komi suggests that they go star gazing. Then they get rained on and have the trope of a young couple stuck in a secluded shed to get out of the rain.

"Tentai Kansoku" is a song about star gazing, like, that's how it is translated to English. The song is about a boy going to meet up with a girl and go star gazing. The radio tells him there won't be rain, but then it rains, cancelling the meetup. He never gets to see the girl again, writing and never sending so many letters to her that the pile falls over. Through all that, the boy still wants to go star gazing so they can chase the comet of the present. Komi heard that song and kept that in mind as a possible future activity. I marked out completely when I realized what she did.

Also "Tentai Kansoku" totally rocks. It's one of my favorite songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7CDb610Bg0

Dang that's a super neat read that adds a lot to the scene.

Thanks for the explanation!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yamai's always a lot better of a character when she's around Nakanaka, cause she always go out of her way to help Nakanaka out from the sides.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SpacePig posted:

Every now and then people suggest that Yamai had gotten better, and it's just nice to confirm that these people are conflating "getting better" with "going away".

She's better when she's with the Chu2. Then she actually becomes the tsundere that the boys imagined her to be in their delusions.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

thetoughestbean posted:

Who were the girls in the noob game, I don’t remember two of them

Don't remember who Makeru is but the leftmost girl is the one who gets really scary when angry (even Yamai is scared of her when she's angry), if I recall.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat that's a lot of references placed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man goons really hold a grudge against Bakugo huh.